[Suggestion] Give ES pistols akimbo.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Feb 18, 2016.

1. ShadowViper

This suggestion gave me cancer
    • Up x 2
  2. FateJH

Guns akimbo has and always will be silly.

Even the name is silly, unless the intent is that you are smashing your wrists and/or shooting at your hips. It should be called "dual-wielding."
    • Up x 1
  3. Diggsano

If you want to play Akimbo, then go play max.
  4. entity009

Ive been playing VS lately and i really miss the mag-scatter. When your clip runs dry its really nice to whip out your pocket shotgun.

Akimbo pistols would be limited by the fact that you cant aim them. If they were also restricted to not have laser sights it would be powerful but very close range weapon.

What would provably work would be a new separate weapon that is a set of paired pistols instead of trying to balance current pistols in akimbo mode. They would also prob have to be limited to non-infil roles.
  5. RainbowDash9

i dont think it was this suggestion that gave you cancer, its the internet in general
    • Up x 1
  6. KaletheQuick

Why don't I just get a single, larger gun? Then I have more ammo, damage, and still have accuracy.
    • Up x 1
  7. Scr1nRusher

Don't you mean Commissioner ;)
  8. Poppington

There are too many issue with balance. Magshots, repeaters, desperados, etc. It could only work for your single shot pistols, but the accuracy or CoF penalty would bring the guns to the point that they would basically become like nerfed burst pistols anyways. It's just not really feasible.

All the commissioner needs is a few tweaks on increasing CoF reset time or fire time. Either that, or just wider buffs to some ES pistols, some of which are already being worked on.
  9. Pfundi

2400 DPS Magshot? 3000 DPS Repeater? COMPETITIVE BEAMER?!?!
    What about no?
  10. Moridin6

then we'll rob the bank with our clown masks..

but seriously id use it
  11. Armcross

Here, this is official. Pretty much 40/60 split in favor of of not implementing it. But now we have shotguns and SMG's. So currently it won't get unbalance but rather just an additional flavor.
  12. asmodraxus

Duel Beamers vs duel Repeaters is the reason this is not such a good idea.
  13. Diggsano

The chance is higher to get a NEW NS Akimbo Pistol than make out new for every faction...
  14. 1Tap2Tap

How about dual Desperados? Just two dual bursts would be 2 x 2 x 2 x 167 = 1336 dmg, enough to kill even a NW5 user.

As hilarious as it would be to just stomp everyone as a Stalker Infil, I don´t think this suggestion is good for the health of the game.
  15. Scr1nRusher

Certday: Auraxis
  16. Taemien

If we're talking about dual pistols. And we're not going to give LA's a Thumper for their tool slot.

Allow them to use a second ES pistol in the tool slot instead. When they press 3 (or whatever the tool button is) They draw two pistols (the one in the tool slot) and can use them like the MAX uses its double weapons.

They can also ignore (or mitigate) hipfire penalties while jumpjetting. But the downside is no ADS and double the reload time (as Axioninsanity87 suggested).

Lets throw LA's a bone here.
  17. KiakoLalene

I'd like to say that this idea is terrible, and everyone supporting it should feel bad, but I think I'll slide to the side of what several other posters are saying; that being akima/dual-wield pistols should be an LA option only.
  18. entity009

Everyone seems to also be forgetting that the pistols would have to be hipfired in akimbo, this would make them a powerful but very very close range weapon. That being said i hardly doubt they would outclass shotguns in that area.

From experiences LA seem to be sitting on a pile of bones (1/2 of them are mine) and are sneaky bastards.
    • Up x 1
  19. Maxor

I'll agree as long as it gets PTSed first, afterwards a community poll as well and only after it passes both it gets implemented..
  20. Diilicious

you realise if they did this they would just half the damage the weapons do so the balance stays the same.