[Suggestion] Directives eat up 50% of CPU time

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by user101, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Jamuro

Oh boy ...

1. Directives eat up 50% of cpu time:
    That's a very very bold claim.
    Directives are only a visual representation of data that was already tracked.
    Remember when they got introduced and we got our directives (mostly) retroactivly?

2. x64 == more cpu load:
    well this is actually open for debate ...
    it realy depends on how well the old client was rewritten, but given the absurdity of your other statements ... well i doubt it.
    Also it is a non issue, modern operating systems (well let's face it ... windows iterations) have a 64bit architecture, it makes no sense to force your operating system to emulate a 32bit architecture just to keep the old client.

3. directives were ok for 32bit but not for 64:
    Evidence?
    Also this bs is giving me an aneurysm.

4. directives make no money:
    You are doing this on purpose, right ... right? please?!?
    Directives are probably the biggest incentive to spend cash in the whole game ... not only does it offer goals for players and prolongs the time they play this game, it also is the only reason why most people keep using new guns.

People either buy said guns, or even if they unlock them via certs, a bigger pool of guns -> more incentive to **** them out with shiny cosmetics.

5. dx11&12 will eat up more cpu time:
    wrong ... like realy realy wrong
    We are even more likley to see less load on the cpu side (of this very very cpu heavy game) thanks to that, simply because more of the tasks will be unloaded onto the gpu thanks to the dx apis

6. game lags because of directives:
    2/10 ... this has to be a very very bad trollpost ... and not even a clever or entertaining one ... please try again
    • Up x 1
  2. Nalothisal

... Please tell me you are not this stupid.

But considering the way your sig is written...I'm gonna guess you pulled that data off of CPUZ
    • Up x 1
  3. Scr1nRusher

OP, that doesn't make any sense.
    • Up x 1
  4. Savadrin

Your rating doesn't reflect that you took the bait. You can't rate a 2/10 when you fall for it.
    • Up x 1
  5. RainbowDash9

does it count as falling for it if you go in to say that you didnt fall for it?
  6. Savadrin

Really, it would then depend exactly how far you fell.
  7. ObiVanuKenobi

The sad thing is he's not baiting, judging from his previous posts he's legit potato.
    • Up x 2
  8. Scr1nRusher

never go full potato.
  9. IronMouse

It makes perfect sense.

I'll explain: if your CPU is Intel original, the directives cut in 48% into the Argentinian stock market, undermining the GMO business so that the Montesano is forced to sell their stocks as quickly as possible. BUT, if you use RGB palette instead of CMYK in printing business, you're so screwed because then your GPU will take most of the load which is a known issue with PS2. It seems there is a memory leak in this game since whenver a red meteo-alarm is announced it actually hardly even rains. Therefore, remove the directives ASAP in order to end senseless wars and famine.
  10. Moz

This....?
  11. RainbowDash9

that makes me wonder, do us soldiers of auraxis get hungry? do we go to the bathroom if we survive in a certain body for a long time? ASK THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS PEOPLE
  12. IronMouse

We eat Nanites. And I don't mean this in a nasty way, the word isn't censored. :D
  13. Scr1nRusher

I'm ROFLing.
  14. Nalothisal

ow...ow...my head hurts...