Legal Wallhack! (Motion Spotters and Darts)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ReNz0r, Feb 11, 2016.

1. ReNz0r

Today I wanted to make a video about the role Motion Spotters and Recon Darts play on the battlefield of PlanetSide 2. Many people fail to realize their importance and the advantage they give in the right situation. I hope this video will open peoples eyes on the topic. In addition I'm also trying to make my vids shorter and therefore easier to watch for more people - tell me what you think.

These tools can be so powrful that I dare to call them legal wallhack because if you think about it, they are borderline ESP! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Up x 5
  2. Hegeteus

Like I commented on the other thread, I think DB ought to release a counter for these things(for example a jammer like suggested many times before). When you think about it, it's pretty silly that factions will quite effortlessly see each others' presence in the minimap unless someone bothers to bandolier around in hopes of EMPing these things that are free and spammable anyway.

Even if you manage to avoid their effects(by crawling around), it will come at the cost of you not keeping up with the game's (usually) quick combat pace. There is of course the sensor shield implant, but it hardly helps light assaults and is often clumsy/unreliable anyway. I have looked at both sides of this barrel to end up in above conclusion
    • Up x 3
  3. FateJH

During any involved fight, the side that tends to be at a radar disadvantage is the one that doesn't field at least one cloaker. Between PlanetSide Classic and PlanetSide 2, radar management appears to have been shifted entirely into a personal responsibility rather than having an aspect of a group privilege. Additionally, the radar itself encompasses more than just whether or not "someone is looking at you."
  4. Taemien

EMP destroys them. Implants make you undetectable.

There's your counters.

You can also kill the infiltrator, it causes the darts to despawn.
    • Up x 3
  5. Hegeteus

Both of these "counters" are clumsy and don't stand closer inspection. You can't spam EMPs without a bandolier and even with a bandolier you not only can carry more motion spotters, but you can resupply them from ammo bags anywhere for free. For the implant, assuming that everyone equips a tier 4 sensor shield is absurd and any tier below it is not very helpful

Not having to resort to this non-sense would be better for infiltrators and non-infiltrators alike

E: I already explained this in my previous post anyway. You should take at least a little effort and reasoning to properly argue against it :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  6. cobaltlightning

I think you're thinking of c4 faries, cuz after I get killed as an infil I still get asist points from my darts.
    • Up x 1
  7. Taemien

Figured it worked since when you switch classes the darts drop.
  8. Azawarau

Now this is my style of combat

Patience attentiveness and wit
  9. \m/SLAYER\m/

this tutorial for NC only, most "snipers" and some of so called "infiltrators" never using their tools. and most of players just ignoring enemy tools, while vanu destroying my recon darts.. :eek:
  10. DirArtillerySupport

I was a sensor disruptor junkie in Planetside 1. 4 at every tower and 25 at every base. I think we got them a year prior to development halting. These things would send a cold chill down my spine if Daybreak even hinted at them.
    • Up x 1
  11. ReNz0r

Too bad i never got a chance to play ps1 in its prime
  12. Diggsano

Well...exactly that is what makes an good Infiltrator out...
    It is stupid of everyone who does not use his whole arsenal before facing the death! ;)

As Stalker i also like to use the Motion Spotter as some kind of decoy, often there are people who want to destroy it so you can lure them and assassinate.

It is also funny to set AP Mines near it,so if the next one is searching the Spotter, he will get caught by the trap (works best with Claymore)
    • Up x 1
  13. Blippy

Implants should not be an excuse for anything ever.
  14. Dethonlegs

Now think back a few years where one scout radar flash left unoccupied would auto spot all enemies within 100m regardless of motion. That was really broken.

IMO no game should employ any mechanic that reveals the location of players. Outside the Planetside universe it's called cheating.
  15. Spoprockl

Heh, those were the days. I used to park my flash with maxed scout radar and stealth at the first floor of a contested tower and watch the certs flow in. And the hackusations pop up in yell chat :p. But i agree, that thing was OP. The motion spotters and sensor darts at least let you know that you're on the radar.
    I love using them as much as i hate getting highlighted by them, but i wouldn't call them hacks.
  16. Pelojian

spotters are easily countered by crouch walking, EMPs and implants or destorying them. be glad people seem to use them more then darts. it's much easier to put darts where most infantry won't be able to destory them and cover a wider area with darts.
    • Up x 1
  17. RainbowDash9

are people really asking for more counters to something thats on your map when youre in its range? a stray bullet is a counter. if i see one i go kill it. done. if its in a spot that you cant get cuz enemies, thats just good placement.
  18. Gundem

Honestly, I think that most radar supplement need a harsh nerf ATM. They too easily invalidate 2 classes, as well as any attempts to flank by any class.
  19. Taemien

That's merely an opinion. The fact is they are there. Can't complain simply because you choose not to use them.
  20. Moridin6

they dont auto despawn on his/her death.

also its amazing what crouch walking can do for you, the enem y dont see anything on radar Must be fine