Station Cash spent on camo's need to be refounded

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mcsonic00, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Amodin

Terms of Service - 5.1 Virtual Currency says Virtual Currency sales are final, the only applicable thing outside of U.S. is the tax, VAT or GST where it applies.

5.4 Virtual Items are what our friend here needs to read, which debunks his entitlement. If Daybreak wants to, or feels the need to do anything to satisfy said entitlement, it would be out of the goodness of their heart, not because someone feels they would be required to act.

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service?locale=en_US
  2. Mcsonic00

By refund I meant reset guys. If you didn't know that. They still have their money, but I get to buy stuff again.
  3. Mcsonic00

So I could spent the Daybreak cash on the game again.
  4. ObiVanuKenobi

The way camos work hasn't been changed for like 2 years since the removal of single use camos.
    It's hard to understand wtf do you even mean.

You bought a camo that applies to only 1 thing and didn't know there are universal camos? They haven't been changed, you simply didn't read the description. Some can be used for everything and some only for weapons/vehicles.
  5. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

Oooooh not a refund of DBCash for you to spend again because you regret what you bought and would rather have something else... a reset of DBCash for you to spend again because you regret what you bought and would rather have something else.
    Well now that changes..... nothing.

If I were you I'd think of this as a life lesson about making an effort to be an informed consumer, If not I see many instances of buyers remorse as a reoccurring theme for you, pal.
  6. Mcsonic00

It's not universal camo issue guys! I have the camo I bought three times because I had to buy a weapon camo, a vehicle camo, and a soldier camo to get it on every part of your soldier. I have it for all my characters, the part I'm complaining about is that if I knew, which there was no way knowing, that they were gonna make getting camo's three times cheaper by making it just one purchase. It is a very cheap thing that happened and it needs to be fixed for everyone who this happened to. So we need to be able to spend the Daybreak cash again.
  7. Mcsonic00

I guess SOE was the one in charge at the time I guess I will spend a lowest amount possible to get one more camo at least. But if it was the ssame company that got my money I really to expect a reset of Station Cash. Good day.
  8. ObiVanuKenobi

Which camo did you buy?
    It's impossible to buy the same camo 3 times.
  9. Luminus

Canadians and most Europeans think they're entitled to be rescued from buyers remorse.

If something becomes cheaper after you pay for it, its called tough luck.
    • Up x 1
  10. blackcarp

just to clarify this with my non existing authority:

the EULA stated once that you are not eligable for refunds or whatever on station cash purchases but that SOE will also try to maintain the goods you bought as good as possible and not like lets say turn the Striker from lock on to dumb fire for example... which they totally did nevertheless

single use camo
    you could only use it once on one item, you changed it to another camo and it was gone, cost just 50 SC and tricked many to buy many.
    those were not removed, you are just unable to buy them now, i still have them on a few load outs

todays camo
    you buy one for cheap, 350 SC up to dunno, 1k o so, you can put them on everything you like, guns, panties, vehicles, anything

the old camo
    you had to buy a camo for 500 SC, and you could only put it on one thing, either vehicles, armor, or your guns.
    To paint your vehicle, your armor and your gun with the same camo you had to buy three different camos and dish out 1500 SC!! <<---- thats what the OP is talking about

the late camo
    in between they added some camo like the blackscales for 1000SC and you could put them on everything, compared to the 1500SC it was a bargain (lol)

what the OP is complaining about here is that he had to buy the same camo three times, and instead of now owning 3 camos he only has one, which would also only cost a third of what he payed for it;
    which is a totally valid point and i kinda (not fully) agree with him here, the point is that the EULA does allow them to even remove items but also states a kind of "fair go" clause similiar to basic australian law, and lets be honest, it wouldnt hurt them to refund him and others in that situation and be it even with a compromise and it would sure be fair without costing anything and would probably entice players to spend money again who atm are rather too angry to do so.

------------------

It was a nice move to ditch the old triple camo system as it really felt like ripoff, and removing it showed that it probably was, but to then kick everyone who bought it in the face by showing them they could have saved 66% of the price by not buying anything was a stupid move who made quite a few players quite angry, quite justifiably so.

best thing might have been to send a mail to all those accounts that already had the triple camos explaining the situation, saying sorry that it will happen and offer something to make up for it, a supersexy decal, a refund, a fractional refund, whatever, and be it only the sorry mail...

legally they might be right, its vague in this case, he still has the full functionality but technicly he doesnt have the items he bought anymore...
    ...and the price even tho totally not dependant on anything but unicorn poop changed drasticly which might be legally right in the real world where the price usually gets dictated by demand, production cost, etc but this is a virtual item that is not being traded and does not cost anything to produce except maybe 0,0000001 kWh energy, putting money in such things creates inflation since no real value is created for the money that is being created for it and hence such shenenigans are kinda dangerous for the economy at large... but lets not drift away from the topic at hand, Steam would be much more of a target to discuss such things than PS2 which in my humble opinion did really well in monetary fairness, its a proper free to play and it made me spend more than any other game wether p2p or f2p nevertheless, without too much trickery
    • Up x 2
  11. Mcsonic00

Nice job explaining it blackcarp... So I do want to spend more money on this game because I want what I should've got but didn't get. I also don't want to spend money on this game at the same time because I should be able to have more than a few camo's like I have atm for 15 bucks; not to mention that it was double station cash when I bought the $15 worth of stuff. Does Daybreak know about this? Did they say anything about this issue?