GatekeeperSide 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nejisaurus, Jan 14, 2016.

1. AxiomInsanity87

[IMG]

Had to be done mate ;)
  2. TheRunDown

I use my GK against DiG all the time, DiG is a terrible s***ty zerg outfit and all they do is Zerg 10+ AMSs wherever they go, and they all have Area Repair.. it makes it near impossible to kill them without long range ballistics..

Without the GK, I could honestly say TR would always "AAALLLLWWAAAAAAAYYYSSSS!!!!" get Double teamed on Miller.
    Having the ability to wipe out Vehicle Zergs is our only defence, but our Vehivle Zerg will dissipate over time after each base, but a Vanu Zerg will keep coming back due to the lack of Vehicle timers..
  3. CovertYank

I srry I can't engrish gud
  4. Mxiter

Some souspicious arguments in OP:

-Few ingeneers easily outrepair a single GK damages
    -Infantries don't render @ 700m
    -If you plays VS, don't you squad have 2-3 guys with lancers?
    • Up x 1
  5. LodeTria

Takes 3 to kill a rasser, similar to lock-ons.
  6. Nejisaurus

- The splash/recoil damage (not all shots hit the sundie) started to kill them.
    -Maybe it was 500? Not sure but it was on the edge of render range.
    -Watchtower didn't have armor to kill. Non one saw the harasser because it was 60 degrees to our left.

Point is, no weapon should be able to do this at that range.

You took our PPA and lolpods away.

I will take your lolkeepers away.
  7. FateJH

It takes 14 near misses erring towards the inner radius (75@0.6m) to drop Infantry using nothing but splash.
    It takes 40 near misses within the outer radius (25@3m) to drop Infantry using nothing but splash.
    At 160RPM (2.66... rounds per second), it has to be firing for at least 38s to drop a target from full health using splash.
    Did the VS have their Photon Pods removed as wing-mounts?
  8. HAXTIME

Why didn't you grab 3 Lancers and instagib that damn Harasser?
    • Up x 1
  9. Stormsinger

The Betelgeuse is indeed a very nice LMG, but given the 450 average users in the last 30 days, it doesn't make up a significant portion of the population. I would go as far as to say that it's still rather overpowered on it's own, but its 5th ranked for kills overall, down from its 3rd place slot back in September.

For reference, the top 8 current LMGs, sorted by kills. (The goal here is to show where most of the numbers are, no in depth individual analysis.) - 3-4 months ago, the Orion had many thousands of kills more then any other gun on the charts - Taken on their own, the numbers below look pretty good in general, save for the Gauss SAW being a tad low, and the Betelgeuse having an insane KPU, comparatively speaking. There just aren't enough of them on the field to make a difference, but it could still stand to be toned down.
    [IMG]

Post Striker / Fracture nerf - the TR have indeed pulled quite a bit more armor, and to be fair - thats because they HAD no other well performing options. All infantry based AV sucked into the realm of unusability - naturally, they pulled the units that still worked. The Prowler primary has always performed well above the competition. In terms of balance, that was the TR's niche when it came to armor. The VS, conversely, had the best secondary and the worst MBT primary - and the NC had a balance that was somewhere between the two. As things currently stand, the TR has the best MBT primary, MBT secondaries, and Harasser AI / AV performance - giving a single faction the best of everything for a single unit type is a mistake of the same manner that made the ZOE OP.

To explore the above statement a bit: Consider that the ZOE granted: A boost to both speed and agility, while maintaining an infinite duration, and could be toggled on and off at will - there was no functional drawbacks to it's use, and therein lied the design flaw. Now consider that (at least until now) the gatekeeper has had much faster projectile velocity, no recoil, no bloom, and a reload less then half the time of the Saron (The previous #1 MBT secondary, overall) - It has all the benefits you could want in a weapon, and no drawbacks. Fortunately, rather then dropping a nerf anvil on it - Daybreak seems to be nerfing in small steps, which is what they should have been doing all along - the last thing we need is a repeat of what was done to the ZOE / PPA / Striker, etc.

I've never said that Vulcans were OP (in the last few years, at least. They were insanely OP for a while post release a few years ago, but they became as useless as the PPA is now for a long, long while.) Currently, the Vulcan is in a good place, as it has been since the rebalance. Take a quick look at http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthlystats/ - Go through each weapon category, and sort by Uniques, Kills, KPU, KPH, etc. The TR are on top in most categories - the only place they are lacking is infantry-based AV, and then not by all that much (As ever, Ravens own the MAX AV category). Do you know the only thing pulled less then fractures? Vortexes. The VS may have better infantry based AV, but the gap is closer then it used to be.

[IMG]

The above is sorted by V. KPH. Ravens and Falcons win, that's no surprise, but they aren't performing unreasonably well compared the next few options. Heck, Fractures have 3.19 and 3.09 V KPH compared to the Vortex's 3.93 / 3.31 (Although the average users of both are minimal) - Heck, Fractures are having a larger battlefield impact then Vortexes are, due to higher numbers used. Really, the only advantage the VS has for infantry based AV is the Lancer, which has a V KPH of 9.7, compared to the Striker's 6.47. I wouldn't say that justifies the tremendous TR MBT Primary advantage depicted below, not without the VS having a similar advantage in another category for the same role.

[IMG]
  10. Stormsinger

Oh yeah? Well I have this to say to you, good sir.

[IMG]

:p
    • Up x 1
  11. AxiomInsanity87

Good stuff old chap

Tally ho.
    • Up x 1
  12. Maxor

People seem to be missing the other large issue with GK which is its ability to farm infantry through splash damage. I still don't understand why an anti-armor weapon was given 75 splash damage at 0.6 meters that goes as far out as 3.0 meters.

Now I know Saron and Enforcer do higher dmg out to 2 meters but still the devs should have known giving the GK semi-AI splash stats with easy of use and near pinpoint accuracy would result in an all-in-wonder vehicle weapon.
    • Up x 1
  13. Armcross

If you get killed by a splash damage alone you deserve it.
    • Up x 2
  14. Maxor

So then I guess you deserved it when all those grenades/HE shells/lolpods/PPA/Canister killed you?

I'm just pointing out how broad your statement is.
  15. DooDooBreff

youre right this is hilarious. gk is not the issue here... its that you and your friend s are a gang of terribads
    • Up x 2
  16. oberchingus

It is, and the Meow Meow in a gank squad is very effective in CQC to Medium range fights. Just don't use it for AI or AA and you're golden.
  17. Pelojian

not if you take the quote in his post from you as context.

he's basically saying that if you die alone to gatekeeper splash you are doing it wrong.

so in other words it takes minimum almost half a default size magazine to kill infantry just with splash and upto 1.33 magazines to kill infantryman with splash.
  18. LodeTria

Well almost the harasser guns are effective in a gank squad, except the bulldog & kobalt.
    A group of enforcers would do way better than a group of Meow meow.
  19. oberchingus

Not sure about that one (at the ranges I mentioned in my post) given the TTK on a magdump of the Meow Meow. I never measured it on a stationary target mind you, but in combat, the Meow Meow's Mag Size utility upgrade at full capacity will one-clip a sunderer and tank in the rectum.

Whst I don't like about the Meow Meow is the spread of your shots in a fight. It's so easy to miss 20% of your shots while moving which means exposure time increases along with TTK. I think for sunderer denial, the Meow Meow excels in groups and in CQC ranges, but beyond that, I'd rather have an Enforcer or Halberd.

Kobalt and Bulldog are excellent weapons. But they are situational and require special handling, and driving. Patience is key with the Bulldog, and a small squad of them can be devastating in spite of the recent nerf.
  20. AxiomInsanity87

Yeah

This is a mass murder simulator.