Indarside, and the vocal minority.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DooDooBreff, Nov 21, 2015.

1. TheRunDown

I hate all the Maps.
    I want them to Bin them all and release PlanetSide 2.0 on the ForgeLight 2 Engine (which supposed x10 map size) like they said they were, and give us bigger and better maps with sensible base layouts and a less chaotic Lattice system that isn't just a bunch of lines to tell the Zerg where to go..

PlanetSide 2 will always be S*%# and will never be as good as PlanetSide 1 until they tidy up the maps and actually make tactical game play a thing, not this MLG CoD wonnaby design they've been going with for the last 3 years.

It actually surprises me this game has lasted as long as it has with the amount of stuff they haven't actually put in the game.
    I know most of the Veteran player base has burnt out, and most of the f2p players slowly move on.. It really does amaze me how this game manages to keep enough players in during peak hours, must be cause it's the only game out there on this scale with vehicles and infantry play without a solid Pay Wall stopping progression, like every other F2P game has at the moment.

They need to Add some PlanetSide to PlanetSide 2 to keep us amused personally.
  2. Benton582

Do you see mountains everywhere?
  3. Azawarau

Each continent should be played relatively equally no matte what anyones opinion is

I love Hossin most but it sees little action sadly
  4. Bindlestiff

Remove 40-50% of the satellite bases on Indar, it becomes a fantastic continent. Right now it is more like this in too many places:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Blue_Shift

What I think Makes indar great is terrain variety. Canyons, Long open desert regions, Bridges; there is a lot of variety. However, what makes indar a pain is certain areas are hard to cap or defend. Choke Points on the map make for playing the same bases when indar has more to offer if these choke points in the lattice system and map design didnt exist.
    • Up x 2
  6. EPIC389

Synopsis of Maps

Indar: Indarside(I like indar though)

Esamir: Walls

Amerish: Mountains

Hossin: The too laggy swamp map
  7. PKSpark

Indar doesn't favor a specific camo and play style, hence its constant jamming pop
    Amerish, Hossin and Esamir has thoses dark slopes cloaking Vanu at nights
    Esamir favor ground vehicles, whoever hold Tech plant at the beginning has a huge advantage
    Hossin is very mid-long range friendly. Playing with a shotgun is very hard here
    Amerish has all thoses mini slopes, letting magriders to dominate the tanks fights
  8. Azawarau

I tend to go LA or engi almost exclusively on hossin

The trees are amazing for blackhand sniping or taking out enemy tanks/spawn points
  9. jmdafk

I dont like indar and it suprises me so many do. I find its often dominated by Ravens or failing that whoever gets the highground with there MBT's or mana turrets.
    There is to many choke points creating day long standoffs.

Hossin has forced me to drop my graphic settings to zero as i was constantly dying to people i couldnt even see. Its trees and random cliffs make it a nightmare to get vehicles around and its a haven for air farmers as you cant use lockon launchers.
    Some of the bases are really interesting, but the navigation,graphics and lockon issues make it broke imo.
  10. DeadlyPeanutt

lol, nice summary
  11. Liewec123

could you imagine playing with the small playerbase we have on a map 10 times larger?
    even on the "full" map where the fight is it would seem dead :p
    danke XD
  12. Inex

Which actually points to why Indar is so popular. As you put as your reason for liking Esamir - it's simple. And people like that.

Indar is simpler though. Not because of the terrain, but because of the fights. You can get stuck in the same couple of bases for hours at a time. You don't need to care about the nooks and crannies of the terrain, because you've been doing nothing but making the run between the spawn and A point at Crossroads since July '14.

For myself, I can't even put up with Indar anymore. Connery population has either been dropping, or just drinking the Indarside juice and the second continent rarely has more than a dozen or so people on it. But when I try to go to some pre-revamp base, and see that it's just two boxes in the middle of an open field I can't even bring myself to leave the spawn.
  13. MorganM

I love Indar and I've played since release. It has lots of good bases for infantry fights, lots of nice areas for big vehicle fights, and I find it to be the best combined arms continent. Hossin is the infantry continent with it's narrow choke points, tight ravines, tons of tree cover, it's a vehicle nightmare. Esamir is the air continent with it's walls around everything usually keeping tanks out and letting air **** all over everything. Amerish is a close second to Indar.
  14. Savadrin

Everyone's complaining about Hossin, which is my favorite.

Might be because I mostly play stalker, but I also run on ultra with no lag, and no problems. Perhaps setting render down to 500 meters there would help, since you can't even see 500 meters almost anywhere anyway, except maybe the dam.

Not knowing when you're going to randomly happen on armor or infantry makes Hossin travel a little more intense, and for me, more fun. Plus with stealth, you're not auto lib food anytime you try and drive a decent distance.
  15. freeAmerish

Of course Amerish is the best Place.
    Why should somebody play elsewhere. :confused:
  16. DooDooBreff

i hate hossin too, not because of lag, but because its downright ugly, and needlessly cluttered
  17. Savadrin

But it's a swamp jungle continent. That's pretty much the life. ;)
  18. DooDooBreff

the only way you could have this would be using a cont rotation. but people and preferences ya know
  19. Azawarau

Switch the reards for capping Indar to half off tanks

Give Hossin half off air and Esamir the current benefits of Hossin

Maybe that would motivate people to tankside less on indar and play other continents more
  20. HMR85

Love Hossin and honestly hate nobody plays on it. I'm a big infantry guy myself though so that is probably why I am partial to it. I think it has some of the best base Designs in the game. I also don't have the lag or hardware limitations it appears a lot on here seem to have. I personally think the continent is beautiful. Easily my favorite.

Indar...3 years of Indar and before that when I was in Closed tech testing. I hate it with a passion tbh. I am just tired of it. No other reason than I am burnt out on it. I would rather go do small 5 man fights on the other continents than sit on it if I don't have to.

Love Esamir. Great open field fights and good infantry fights imo.

Love Amerish also for the same reasons listed above.