[Suggestion] Remove KDR and center statistics around teamwork

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TacoMasters(PS4), Nov 9, 2015.

1. cobaltlightning

How about tracking tracking amount of assists you complete in one session? Like, including assist kills and damage done to aircraft, shield renegeration, healing, etc.

This could also help to focus on teamwork.
  2. Azawarau

I wouldnt say KD isnt important at all. Killing always serves an important role in olding and pushing a position or successfully reaching an objective

KDR just keeps track of that for you and is overall harmless. If someone is arguing with you about that then theyre probably not worth the conversation
  3. Azawarau

4. Exitus Acta Probat

Personally I don't give a **** about KDR, I can go on these huge kill, and then switch to engineer and sometimes go 30 deaths without firing a shot during big battles just trying to keep everything up.

I'll go on suicide runs just to keep the motion spotter moving forward with the battle front or to C4 a bottle neck just to keep things moving.

Its an online video game, it has zero meaning on real life, KDR doesn't pay my bills or put food on the table, its a meaningless stat that effects nothing, its not like you are going to put your KDR on a job resume.

Just ignore it, who gives a **** if a few want to base the worth of their self being around it, let them, they aren't hurting anyone.
    Hell, I didn't even know there was a such thing as a KDR till I heard everyone yapping about on the forums, just let them keep it, if you care to gawk at it then do so, if you don't then just play the game for fun like the rest of us.
  5. Taemien

Well no PM's and no names given in the thread. I'm going to chalk this up as a non-issue. Doesn't seem like there is any evidence of players using it as a measure of player skill.

I mean no one I play with, friends, my outfit, or public platoons ever mention it except in jest. And no one here can give a name of a single player. So why are we debating this? Let it go.
  6. customer548

I usually ignore the things i dislike. I never ask for those things to be removed or to be destroyed. I suspect that frustration may the real hidden motivation of asking for things to be removed or destroyed.

For sure, especially Medics should be more rewarded with their own specific stats. There's also an external website which provides datas about each player contribution to teamwork. (I don't remember where to find it).
    But as long as you'll prefer to ignore that KD gives you precious datas about your own efficiency and about your opponents' level of threat, gameplay and overall reactiveness...Well, i guess you'll keep on being of a lesser use on the battlefield than some other players. Dead Medics are useless, dead Engis are useless. A dead teammate is useless because his face is on the ground and that you'll have to wait for him to come back from a sundy. ("Useless" is not an offense to anybody...Those people will just not be able to complete their tasks during several minutes.)

In order to make it clear : I don't think high KD players care about low KD players, they are just playing the game in the best possible way. And if someone or any Outfit comes to you in order to talk about your supposed low KD...just ignore them. Go to another outfit or make new friends. It's just a game, who cares ? Just play for the fun.
  7. Taemien

We've heard 'stories' about that happening. But outfits aren't named, and neither are individuals... so I'm wondering if such rumors are fabricated or embellished.

I mean think about it this way. If you were to come into these forums and claim you're better than someone because your KDR is higher, you're going to get torn to shreds by Forumside. The general consensus is that KDR doesn't really matter much, and I think those who do value KDR are in the minority and keep to themselves.

Even outfits with KDR requirements have caveats about making exceptions for team oriented players.
  8. doombro

KDR is a team statistic. If it's low, it's low for a reason. Being farmed is a choice.
    • Up x 1
  9. Demigan

Keep KDR, recognize the players desire to use statistics to show off and add some that incentivize teamwork/different playstyles at a similar level as KDR.
  10. Cheetoh

SPM is influenced by XP boosters, and is not a good stat to rely on.
    • Up x 1
  11. customer548

On my own server and here on those forums, i think that the greatest part of the community is a "healthy" one. I mean, you may notice a very little number of "forum skirmishes" and a very small amount of inappropriate ways of acting in game. FPS community is supposed to be a more "nervous" one than the average players of other games. Is it because of Admins or a mix of older/younger players on PS2 ? I don't know. But i noticed that PS2 community is a cool one. We're all here for fun.
  12. Alzir

Let me give you a piece of advice, don't worry about KDR, just play the objective. The presence of the stat is not what is cancerous, but if people obsess over it, then that obsession can be. If you judge an actual person on it, or feel that you're somehow better (or worse) than someone else because of an internet number, then you probably need to go outside a bit more, and perhaps take a few punches to the face. If you have a bit more sense than that, then just use it as a tool to track your own progress in a game (and realise it's not the whole story, like any stat), or just don't worry about. It really is as simple as that.

What you might also want to try is asking a high KDR player if they'll help you out, and I'll bet you'll get some good advice.
  13. Exitus Acta Probat

KDR doesn't give you any "precious" ******* data lol.

No one checks their opponents KDR for "precious" data before they shoot them.

If someone wont do their job for fear of lowering their KDR... that's ******* useless.

Again I give two ***** if they keep it or remove it, it does absolutely nothing, just stop trumping it up like its vital to Planetside2.

The day they make KDR reward you in game, is the day I just spawn camp and pull snipers, no way I'm rushing a point... might get killed;)
  14. customer548

- .- .-. --. . - .--. .-. .. --- .-. .. - .. --.. .- - .. --- -. .- -. .- .-.. .. ... -.-- ... :D
  15. TheFlamingLemon

I just want to see how many revives I get per life while playing medic tbh.

Certain objectives like generator overloads, revives, etcetera should be counted and listed. If I clear out a gen room and then run in to stabilize the generator as more troops flood in, I will die and my KD will lower but I will get the objective. When players look at KD, which they do, this makes me appear worse. I think they only look at KD due to an absence of more useful statistics. There should be better statistics on things people do besides running around and killing others as heavy assault. By current stats, an infiltrator would seem better than a medic, and that's just not the case.