Tonight 3 invincible harrasers with gatekeepers must have killed 30 tanks w/o 1 death

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

How is this thread still going?

If I was a Mod, I would have locked this by now.
  2. TheFlamingLemon

Same way that one guy was able to make 50+ "Nerf liberator" threads
    • Up x 3
  3. Vaphell

How do we know it was the only thing shooting at them? Did op say it was 30 tanks having a picnic at an empty base? For all i care it could have been a run of the mill standoff with 2 blobs plinking each other and not making much progress. And it's easy to not notice a problem if the godddamned GK doesn't make any sound and you suddenly notice your hp is being drained.
    Also i hope you can see that 6 wankstains having the time of their life at the expense of 60 people is not a particularly good thing to have in a slowly dying game (not to mention if it was a mountain 500m away 1/3 harassers would be perfectly sufficient).

I don't give a **** if it's OP in some synthetic KPH table or not. This borderline uncounterable piece of cheese inhibits any open space play even harder than goddamned prowlers ever did. How on earth can anybody think that a vehicle mounted AV weapon usable by worst mouthbreathers, effective at ranges at which "bullet time" of tank shells you can fire every 2-3 seconds is well north of 1s, reaching 2s is a good, balanced idea, conductive to engaging gameplay?
  4. Scorpion97

let me guess,you didn't understand the last sentence
  5. lothbrook

The problem with the gatekeeper and even the saron is when they get into large fights where a ton of people are using them they become too effective because their low DPS is offset by the ease of use, it seems like in these fights the VG doesn't stand a chance as you're constantly getting hammered by their secondaries with ease while our gunners have to deal with the same drop as the main gun.

Might as well give the enforcer no drop at this point.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Wheres the space marines when you need them?
  7. WetPatch

The Saron has its draw backs, it has to fire each shot to let the bloom return to zero. While the GK is point hold M1 and thats it.
  8. Mezinov

• Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

10. PostalDude

Waah Waah, I got outplayed by 6 people coordinating against an Armor Zerg, this weapon is totally OP™. Here's some arbitrary stats that prove that I have no idea of how statistics work.
    • Up x 1
  11. Scr1nRusher

Welcome to the Chaos Warp.
  12. PostalDude

Just stop Fleshling, the memes aren't funny anymore.
    • Up x 1
  13. Taemien

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  14. Scr1nRusher

Got a bolter in your butt greenskin?
  15. lothbrook

I'm well aware of that, i'm just saying that the ease of use of these weapons makes using a VG in large fights incredibly stressful as you will get hit at any range because they just simply don't have drop, you may never even get hit by the main cannon on TR/VS tanks but when 4-5 of these pants on head weapons are hitting you at 400m+ with ease because they don't have drop even if the saron has to reduce its fire, is horribly unbalanced. Even more so when you realize one of these tanks is moving Side to side while doing it, which obviously doesn't effect the GK because it has 500m/s velocity.

If they're not going to change the GK they should remove the drop on the enforcer, and reduce the bloom on the saron so that it can be burst fired at long range with like 3 round bursts before it goes wildly off target so that its DPS isn't overwhelmed but the others.
    • Up x 1
  16. lothbrook

Thats probably because AA by itself is insufficient because aircraft can easily leave the area before dying basically requiring more and more people to pull AA in order to stop it, but you knew that already and are being purposely dense.
  17. Scr1nRusher

Lock this damn thread already.
  18. Nikushimi

Well ya it is a Pre-nerf PPA with one major exception, its highly effective against armor (PPA was always treated as "small arm" in terms of damage resistance).
  19. Taemien

Sorry but my personal experience says otherwise. When a small squad (about 4-6 people) pulls AA, air dies and fast. Libs and Galaxies included. Its not area denial, its no man's air. Anything that enters dies, not deterred.

Just like anyone who enters an area with a tank with 6 people with Phoenixes or 6 people with Ravens, stuff doesn't run away, it gets blown the hell up.

The difference here is 6 people with Gatekeepers is a tickle of death. Sure you will die if you stay there, but you can pull back behind cover, withdraw the line.. or in the case of the OP's situation.. stop being dumb and gib the harassers. If a GK can hit you, you can hit them with an AP round.

Lightnings are quick enough to withdraw. Vanguards have a shield, and Magriders can mag burn out. Its ok for AA to be a deterrent but not ok for TR to have one? At least that's all it is, a deterrent not assured death like what our faction already has.

Man up NC. Or go play something else.
    • Up x 1
  20. Campagne

It retains a large portion of its AI capabilities as well.
    • Up x 1