It's sad how many people use "hacks" in this game now...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tatwi, Oct 15, 2015.

1. lothbrook

Bug exploiting is most certainly cheating.
  2. ronjahn

I spent like 20 minutes reading through some of the post here and it's pretty sad alright.

One theme I saw repeated by multiple people in multiple posts/topics is that if you pay to play, you are much less likely to get banned. Pretty sad that DBG would actually use whether or not the person pays money to decide if they will be banned, but I'm not suprised either.
    • Up x 3
  3. Cheetoh

Which proves absolutely nothing.
  4. allattar

Well theres a certain tr russian outfit who run around with a mix of things. Stuff like esp, no recoil etc... Theres a few players abusing cutting connection to make all shots hit at once, whatever that ones called. Weve had some of the big notorious good players caught esp hacking.
    Problem is that its the less blatant hacks that go around with certain characters, and you can usually get an idea of the **** there pulling if you watch them a long time. Or if they post videos of themselves with suspicious aiming and no recoil, flinch.

The ones who excuse all sins as lag need to consider that lag is two sidex, it will get you killed as much as it helps. Ive had dodgy connections with isp and a dieing nic of all things in the past. It was unplayable, not a constant kill fest for me. So consistently good bad latency players are lieing hacking ***** tbh.
    • Up x 2
  5. Tatwi

Indeed. The thing I find most sad is how desperate people are to get the hacks working again. It's like.... have they ever considered, you know, just playing the game? lol...
    • Up x 2
  6. BorgUK1of9

2 Hackers on Miller right now halted an offensive, destroyed all the sunderers etc instagibbing headshots with hvy weapons and porting max's. People gave up and started logging, this is how it started on Planetside 1 and very very quickly killed the game.

Once it gets round to the script kiddies they can cause havoc and not get kicked as no GMs on then they start turning up regularly and it gets worse.
    • Up x 2
  7. Goretzu

It is getting to the point on some servers where at times it is bascially becoming unplayable.
    • Up x 2
  8. stalkish

Thats not the worst of it.

A known player from PS1 + PS2, often considered 'high skilled' was caught hacking and his account banned.
    Want to know what SOE (at the time) said? Go ahead and create another account.......

What the absolute ****?
    This guy is caught red handed, banned, then given a free pass to come back, and probably cheat again just not as blatant this time.
    He still plays now..................

Devs dont care about hackers, at this point im convinced they themselves sell the hacks, either as part of the company or in their own time.
    • Up x 3
  9. stalkish

To everyone saying they've never seen a hacker:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. BorgUK1of9

How about this, what hackers, I see no hackers.....

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  11. TombsClawtooth

Go read up on what's available. If you noticed them hacking it's probably because they used something that's more of a griefing tool or exploit rather than a hack. All the hacks I see around aren't something you'd be able to tell apart from a player that just has exceptionally good awareness and bursts flawlessly every single time they fire.

Once again, don't let pride cloud the fact that there are entire online communities dedicated just to hacking for this game, and along with that, there's going to be quite a lot of them in this game.

Lately I've been encountering people exploiting lag in the most obvious and annoying ways. Huge base battles with a room full of enemies, we'll burst into the room and there's 1 guy frozen in place. We'll empty magazine after magazine into them, and magically, just as we're reloading they turn around and slaughter us. I see this at least every single time I play and it's getting ridiculous.

As far as actual hacks go, it would be almost impossible for me to classify who is and who isn't. I get wiped out at a weapon's minimum TTK from ranges that shouldn't be possible on a very regular basis and feel pretty confident in saying they're hacking, since I've been in the same situations before against the same weapons and the results are very very different with a legitimate player.
    • Up x 1
  12. Shanther

I know hacks exist. I never claimed they didn't. However the volume of hacking in this game is massively exaggerated. More often then not it is simply a case of the Dunns or some form of lag.

"All the hacks I see around aren't something you'd be able to tell apart from a player that just has exceptionally good awareness and bursts flawlessly every single time they fire."

That is case and point.
  13. Vurvu

Hackers are never a problem -
    unless you're on the receiving end of it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Goretzu

This is actually very true, a couple of times I've played in a battle with a blatent hacker on my side (when I did see them directly at later bases) and just not noticed (other than the complaints in /yell), it really just seemed like we won.

But when you are in a battle and there's a super flying MAX 100% on they oppositions side hitting everything you do notice it very, very quickly indeed.

The problem is when you see 1-2 flying MAXs per day and quite a high number of players that go from 1% headshot kills to suddenly 90-100% headshot kills it is hard not to be suspcious.

It also depends on server and main faction to a degree I guess.

Also both blatent hackers and subtle hackers seriously outweigh their actual numbers.

1 blatent hacker can litterally destroy and an entire night for 2 whole factions - so are "worth" 100's of non-hacking players each.

1 subtle hacker isn't that bad, but even quite a dialed back one (i.e. not one 90-100% headshotting) is likely "worth" 10-20 non-hackers.
  15. Vurvu

I think as long as players don't take the game too seriously and it's either announced by the developers that it was "cheating day", or something; and that players acknowledge that "cheaters" exist in all forms, relayed officially back to the player, so that they have a sort of "overview" of their experience as to why they're "losing well" or "winning badly" (those descriptions are intentional - it's a matter of perspective), then nothing has been a waste of anybody's time.

Everything will work out fine.

Hackers are better at a thing you happen not to be doing.
    Your security of doing the better thing and them not having a future of continuing it, is better assured.
  16. H4YW1R3

The problem will only get worse. DB profits from hack subscriptions. They're not going to ban anyone paying money. Oh, they'll flash some random name across the screen that noone's heard of from time to time to make it out like they're doing something, but the script kiddies that have been around for month/years, the ones everyone knows, never get banned.