It's sad how many people use "hacks" in this game now...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tatwi, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Crator

Wonder if the PS 2 Auto-Kick system isn't catching them. Maybe they need to tweak anti-cheat again?
  2. CrazyMike

There are hacks sure, but really I don't see them very much. The most common I see is people spawning or "appearing" at enemy sunderers and blowing them up. No they were not dropped or did they have a spawn beacon over my sunderer. They simply appear on radar, instantly at a sunderer and drop engineer mines under it. I have also had the occasional buttsore hacker appear behind me and gib me out of nowhere and I mean nowhere. I know there are latency issues and there is server lag etc. which makes things slow to render sometimes. I know what that looks like and this was not THAT. Anyway, that is the only hack I see actively being used. I don't know the name of it, or even what to call it when I report the people who use it. But I know bull crap when I see it.
    • Up x 1
  3. AxiomInsanity87

It will be an ongoing thing forever.

There is a whole market for hacks and while dbg has done a fair amount to combat it (such as fake hacker sites and such to catch people) nothing will stop it ever.

Imagine script creators as AIDs, it evolves and there's no cure.
  4. DevsAnswerMe

On neither one of them I've met as many cheaters as some ppl claim here! Actually, I've only been playing on Miller for a few weeks but according to some ppl in this thread I should've met a **** ton of hackers by now, yet I haven't seen a single one! And anyone who claims that I just don't know what cheating looks like can shove that up his ***!
  5. Cheetoh

Sounds like most of you wouldn't know a hacker if one crawled up your robe and bit you.
    • Up x 1
  6. AxiomInsanity87

Not a fk ton actually.

I've been playing nearly 3 years and seen plenty. If you have played for as long or roughly the same and seen 1 or 2 then you do not quite know what you;re looking for.

Deal with it please and stop crying over spilt milk.
    • Up x 1
  7. DevsAnswerMe

YES, I GAWD ****** DO, I'VE PLAYED MULTIPLE GAMES IN WHICH I ACTUALLY MET CHEATERS AND I'M NOT GONNA LET SOME STUPID IDIOT ON THE INTERNET FORCE SUCH BULLSH!T DOWN MY THROAT!

AND IF U KEEP RUNNIN' INTO SO MANY CHEATERS THEN THAT'S UR ******' PROBLEM, I DON'T AND I'M GLAD ABOUT IT!
  8. AxiomInsanity87

I never ran into as many as you are trying to make out and have made a point of that but ignorance is bliss for some, yes.
  9. Littleman

There are two types of hacks - the loud, obvious ones, and the subtle ones. An aim hack programmed to target everyone's head can be quite obvious.

One that targets the neck region and let's the CoF determine if a shot is a head shot or body shot is much harder to determine. For these people, the unwitting defense comes up with "great skill." Unfortunately, both parties can't know the truth because the hack is subtle enough to make it difficult to determine.

The difference between a wall hacker and a great wall hacker is that the great wall hacker will actively not track targets through walls, and will only peek when logically they could be looking towards somewhere/something else in that same direction. A wide FoV helps.

"Being targeted" hacks give them a spidey sense that in conjunction with a subtle aim assist, delay their reaction time to long enough that it could be argued they simply looked around to check their surroundings and caught their would-be assassin.

I don't know if it's even possible, but if someone is giving themselves 3-5 rounds extra life, we readily write that off as hit detection problems as well. The guy that's as tough to take down as a MAX will be obvious though. However, since I really haven't run into an obvious hacker with immortality going (it would be inevitable if it were possible) I have to believe it really is just bad hit detection... which actually is the even worse of the two scenarios.

The saving grace with subtle hackers is that they're still handicapping themselves to a degree to convincingly portray themselves more as skilled than robotic, so the odds are a little more even, but still skewed in their favor. It's kind of like facing off against a bot on the hardest skill setting in an arena shooter.
  10. DevsAnswerMe

All u've made is an outrageous claim that I don't know what cheating looks like so SHUT THE **** UP!
  11. AxiomInsanity87

How about no and you stop crying.

Your lack of observation skills does not mean that you don't know what cheating looks like, you're just not very observant.
    • Up x 1
  12. customer548

A 3 years experienced player will notice things that a 15 days experienced player will not be able to notice. It also depends on each player skill level, knowledge of the classes and weapons, ping and Fps rate.
    • Up x 2
  13. AxiomInsanity87

A 3 years player will abuse ping at every chance they can get eh? ;)

*Flies over a group of enemies and c4's them while on their screen i only just popped in through the door*

And i play at 40 ish to 80 ish ms almost constantly lol.
  14. JonboyX

Toxic thread, but I thought I'd just point out it's a tenth above water :cool:
  15. Cheetoh

Saying you rarely see a cheater while playing video games on a computer is a lot like saying you almost never see anyone texting or playing with their phone while driving. It's a subtle act that happens all the time right in front of you. If you just based your assessment off the people who are blatantly obvious you would conclude it isn't such a big deal and you would be wrong.

Or, you could say it's like claiming malware isn't much of a problem because you've never been able to detect any on your devices.

"I don't see it; therefore, it doesn't exist."

If it's on PC, it's exploitable. Doesn't matter if we're talking financial software or a video game.
    • Up x 3
  16. Imperial Sect

You see cheaters in this game everyday. Like all the people that spam "C" to crotch and bug out their hitbox. It's a known glitch, it's still a form of cheating, something DB needs to fix.
    • Up x 1
  17. Dunkmaster

Oh god. Hitting C is now cheating? Please.
  18. Tatwi

5 seconds of "research":
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=planetside 2 no recoil

leads to

http://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/planetside-2/83221-planetside-2-no-recoil-hack.html

which leads to

http://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/planetside-2/

which leads to

http://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/planetside-2/155681-planetside-2-script.html

So very many people have crutched on this "movement meta" and no recoil AutoHotkey scripting over the years that they have convinced themselves that they're actually good at the game, even though they are using a program to play completely unnaturally. It is sad.

I have watched streamers explaining all the settings and hardware needed to "gitgud", yet the only thing that reproduces the movement and lack of recoil shown is scripting like this.

I don't know why people cheat themselves (and everyone else) by using this stuff. Sad lack of morality and self respect in this world. I have fun "just playing the game" and so do many other people, so it's not impossible to enjoy play without cheating.

Perhaps the issue is that the Cheating Loser to Normal Person ratio is out of whack now that the general population of the game has taken a dive. 1 Cheating Loser in 100 Normal People is easier to miss than 1 Cheating Loser in 10 Normal People.

Anyhow, this is the kind of thing that ruins online gaming in general. People: They suck.
    • Up x 2
  19. MikeyGeeMan

Back in my day it was third and we liked it like that. Haha.
  20. Shanther

52 days played on my main, various amounts on alts, on and off since beta. I can count the number of actual hackers I have actually run into on probably one hand.
    • Up x 1