These new vehicle guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DonkeyX, Sep 20, 2015.

1. [HH]Mered4

To be fair, they ****** up Hardline when they greenlighted the very idea of Battlefield Cops and Robbers. That was just.....why. I don't....It's not Battlefield. Battlefront though? I'm a Star Wars fanboy. They gonna make bank on me :D

And for the rest of you lot:

The weapons are basically fine. Except the Gatekeeper - hull down render distance snipe fights were old a year ago. Let's make things a little more interesting, eh?
  2. Scr1nRusher

The Gatekeeper is fine.

Its not overpreforming in AV work.
  3. Idiocy

It's never fun being on the receiving end of a Gatekeeper. The high velocity and lack of bloom means it's very hard to dodge. You literally just hold down left mouse button and that's it. There's no skill component to the weapon, at all. That's my problem with it. It's the Ravens of secondary vehicle weapons.
  4. Scr1nRusher

Ravens are laser guided missiles that hit hard.

GateKeepers are a fracture with higher velocity & less damage.
  5. Idiocy

We can talk about it all we want, doesn't change the fact that it requires absolutely no skill. That's the worst part about it. I can take being killed by a guy who makes some sweet saron shots at an erratically moving target or a halberd aimed just right. Gatekeeper requires none of that. It's simply a point and click adventure game mounted on a vehicle.
  6. Scr1nRusher

It does take skill.

The gatekeeper is only effective if the full magazine hits the target.
  7. _itg

Gatekeepers are also effective well past 500m, while Ravens are hard-capped at 350m.
  8. Scr1nRusher

its 450m for the Ravens.
  9. _itg

No, it's not.
  10. Scr1nRusher

It has the same max range as a AV MANA turret.
  11. _itg

No, they don't. If you can find a more official source than Wrel's review, I'll take a look at it.
  12. Leivve

Not just that. The prowler now actually has a weapon that complements its combat style! Celebrate good times, COME ON!
  13. DeltaValkyrie