MR11 Gatekeeper

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Acestar, Sep 10, 2015.

1. WeRelic

You guys deserve a good long range AV option, but the one you got is just a bit too strong in it's current state. It needs a CoF or round velocity nerf. Not a huge one, but one to bring it more in line with the Saron and Enforcer. It would still be plenty good after that small nerf, as long as they don't just drop the hammer on it like usual.

Pretty much this.
    I think it's a bit too strong, but, no tweaks should happen until the new weapons have lost some of their shininess, and we have some actual useful data.
  2. Scr1nRusher

But is IS inline with the Saron & Enforcer balancing wise.

The "performance" that is being shown is due to Overhyping,The "new & shiny" effect & the fact that TR has been starved of a good long range ES AV weapon.
  3. Silversharp

Wow, really. Who am I dealing with here. People ffs so you reject every argument about GK.
    I must be uterly bad at this game or be incredibly unlucky. If You really think, like really really from the deep of your heart feel that the GATEKEEPER is FINE, man I feel like i'm the only one thinking something stinks here.
    Its all about some minor changes like adding some bloom, reducing magsize, increasing reload time you name it.
    Its currently too easy to use I know it and You know this too, only you won't say it loud.
    ps. my intention was not to compare the 3 different weapons with each other, but showing how one does perform.
    Gatekeeper popular = thats why it got so many kills. The same way as Mjolnir is popular, ffs those a new shiny weapons, people are hyped as fk to try it. They tried Mjolnir but it suck balls so they dont use it.
  4. Scr1nRusher

Please use the space bar & paragraphing.
  5. WeRelic

I'm not saying the thing is horribly overpowered, just that it's not quite balanced. From the time I've spent behind both weapons, they're not in line. I have to physically count out seconds between shots at range with the Saron, and I've very rarely been able to be both accurate, and get a kill with it. It usually ends in an assist. With the GK, I was able to land multiple consecutive shots without ever laying off the trigger, getting kills the entire time. In a solo harasser parked on a hill, I was able to down 3 mags from 300m, and they never landed a shot on me. That's not fun for them, and it's not really all that fun for me either.

Yes, it's anecdotal, yes, it's based on feelings, but it's also based on experience and intuition. All of which are telling me that they are not filling the same role, or at least, not filling it to the same degree. Trust me, I don't want to see it nerfed into the ground, I rather like having a challenging weapon on the other side, but it definitely needs a tweak once it's actual usage patterns start showing up.
  6. Villanuk

7. MasterOhh

The only beef I have with the gatekeeper right now is, that it offers no visual and audible clue that you are being hit by it. You just start loosing health out of the sudden and have a very hard time locating from where.

Until that is not fixed, I cannot make up my mind about how powerfull that weapon really is, because the last couple of times I got killed by the GK, I didn't even notice that someone was shooting at me, till it was too late.

At least, the battefield is not so much plagued by TR harrassers as when the uncalled for vulcan buff was released. That might be also tributed to the increased number of harrassers of your own faction roaming the area using their new ESAV to keep the red flood in check.
  8. jmdafk

I got to play with an Mr11 yesterday for the first time (thanks to whoever the driver was) and it was the best TR weapon i have ever used by a long way.
    On its own i cant help but feel it is a bit to easy to kill things with it. You dont have to get close and make yourself an easy target like the vulcan, you can stand at range and as above, by the time you know your being hit its to late. But taken across the whole battlefield it gives TR a fighting chance against the plethora of ranged AV weapons VS and NC have. Many of these have a simier effect, by the time you know where they are coming from its to late.
  9. Celeris

I'm cool with TR having a decent long range AV weapon, but the gatekeeper takes long range and then triples it. The number of harassers you see sitting multiple hexes from a fight peppering armor, with NO CONE OF FIRE DEVIATION, NO CONE OF FIRE BLOOM, NO DROP, BASILISK VELOCITY PROJECTILES and landing almost every shot BECAUSE THERE IS NO RECOIL ruining anything resembling a good armor fight on every god damn continent is grinding my gears.

This weapon needs to be toned down, and toned down YESTERDAY, it's getting beyond ridiculous now.

Dramatically reduce the velocity, add in some drop and or COF and COF bloom and actually require the people using the gatekeeper to apply at least a modicum of skill to apply their damage, much like users of the Enforcer and Saron always have had to.

How this made it through the test server in it's current state baffles me, it's so blatantly broken.
  10. Celeris

And this is assuming every shot lands, which for the gatekeeper is invariably true at almost any range out to render distance because the skill cap is in the basement for this weapon. For other long range ESAVs not nearly as much because they (as they should) require skill to hit at longer range.

For your average gatekeeper scrub its a matter of seeing it, pressing and holding their mouse button and raking in kill after kill. Minimal skill required, minimal thought required, maximum reward. Poor game design on multiple fronts.

How this broken implementation made it through even the most basic of analysis and play testing on the test server to get on the live servers as is, boggles the mind. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?
  11. Flag

Why do people keep saying the GK has a "lack of damage"?
    It doesn't!
    • Up x 1
  12. SwornJupiter

Really, just bring down the velocity of the weapon to 300ms^1, like that of the Saron and Enforcer. It should even out the playing field after this change...
  13. Celeris

While velocity is a large part of what makes this weapon broken in its current state, reducing that to 300ms and leaving it the perfectly accurate laser beam it is now, would still mean it had better sustain than the saron at range and still make landing shots relatively trivial. It needs a bit of COF and/or bloom to mean it also has similar effective damage at similar ranges the Saron and Enforcer are effective at.
  14. Bearded Wall

The gatekeeper has a lot of vehicle kills? Of course it does.. its literally the only long range AV turret that is worth a **** on TR/
  15. Flag

What about the Halberd? Not good enough? It sure is for VS and NC, why not TR?
  16. PostalDude

YEAH, HOW DARE WE HAVE A FACTION SPECIFIC LONG RANGE ANTI-VEHICLE OPTION ?

God you sniveling feel-good people make me sick. Always crying about BALANCE whenever something new comes along. I guess TR isn't allowed to have anything because VS and NC might actually have to try for once.

Not to mention you post statistics as if they mean anything. They don't, they don't take hardly any factors into account. Especially flat kill statistics and TTK.
    • Up x 3
  17. jmdafk

It doesnt seem to of made much difference on alerts. We still get steam rollered by magriders and vanguards!

But even if it is OP, how long have TR had to put up with all there nanites going up smoke from an enemy they cant even see.
    We have just been target practice for NC and VS
  18. Scr1nRusher

Do people hate that TR is now more competitive?
  19. Flag

Ok you rude ****.
    Why do TR need a long range option that is flat out better? Because that's what the GK is.

Or are you just going to dismiss everything because then you can keep your toy in its current state relative to the competitors?

Do try to answer without falling into blind insults like last time.
  20. Scr1nRusher

But its not "flat out better".