[Vehicle] Discussion about the new MTB/harasser secondary guns Sept 4 update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by alomalomalom, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Its actually pretty powerful if you know how to use it.

Its a CQC beast.
  2. ThePyroRussian

The Mjolnir is worse in every aspect than the enforcer
    1.) less DPS for some reason?
    2.) damage model to my understanding dosn't really work with the guns.
    3.) For a short range its not very surpessive as vulcan or Aphelion.

Ways to fix it
    1.) Make the H and vanguard Mjolnir's do 300 rpm.
    2.) Make vanguard version do 200 damage.
    3.) bump splash up to 75 damage.
  3. CMDante

Guys, guys, guys!

Simmer down, the new weapons have only been out for a day. As with every other new gun the usage will drop off in a few days, by then we'll have some statistics rather than just having to listen to everyone's initial butt-frustration at being killed by a new gun that everyone is using.

On a more personal note; they should have done something else with the Grape's gun, it simply functions too much like a Vulcan.
    • Up x 1
  4. Meeka

For those people complaining about the NC Mjolnir.

Really, stop comparing it to the Enforcer (example: it's only better if all four shots hit). That isn't even a remotely fair comparison. Have you forgotten you're not going to hit single every shot with the Enforcer... yeah, you're going to miss with an Enforcer, and often. So, you may miss an Enforcer shot and still hit one/two out of four Mjolnir shots and STILL come out on top damage wise with the Mjolnir.

You are not this:
    "Ooh, I can hit 100% of my shots with an Enforcer but not with the Mjolnir so the Mjolnir sucks!" That's a crap argument because you're NEVER going to hit 100% of your shots with the Enforcer. I bet most of you aren't even near a 50% accuracy with an Enforcer... so stop that illegitimate excuse already. Do you people have any concept of battlefield balance... at all?

For close-medium range (as its meant to be) the Mjolnir is a vast improvement over the Enforcer... even if you're missing half the rounds... and at longer distances, hitting 1 out of 4 Mjolnir is better than hitting 0 of 1 Enforcer; and since very few people will even have 30% accuracy with the Enforcer (let alone 50%)... it is still outperforming it the way it should be... the closer you are, the more the Mjolnir will outperform the Enforcer. That's the way it was designed.

So, smarten up already!
  5. AbsinthSvK

omg. 0-1 theory . Why compare to Enforcer , compare to close combat guns like C85 Canister. Its shotgun for NC, why we dont have AP shotgun too? NC= shotguns, right? Why NC have TR style weapon , huge clip, less dmg? When you apply NC logic we need powerful AP shotgun with small clip.

Now NC have some mixed type weapon and dont rly need it because existing weapons is better.
  6. ColonelChingles

That's what I was afraid of... :(

The problem with the Vulcan-H wasn't that only one faction got access to it.

The problem with the Vulcan-H was that it pretty much eliminated the role of an entire vehicle class, the Lightnings. The DPS of the Vulcan-H, combined with the mobility, affordability, and obscene durability of the Harasser, meant that there was really no counterplay on the part of Lightnings. At best you chase them off, but they will simply return until that one time when you miss. And then they kill you. You can't run, you can only barely fight back.

So the solution to the Vulcan-H problem wasn't to simply give Vulcan-Hs to everyone... but it was to nerf the Vulcan-H and/or the Harasser itself. Giving Vulcan-Hs to everyone just makes the problem much, much worse.

Hopefully this will be temporary... once DBG rakes in the dough then they nerf the new Harasser variants significantly to give Lightnings more room to breathe.
  7. Oreilley

Gatekeeper : Anchored Prowler sniping the **** out of everything with absolutely no drop, don't you try going to indar excavation anymore.. (this hill will have even more eyes now .. yeah you know what hill)

Aphelion : Vulcain like, enjoy thoses magy climbing moutains to take out tanks from the rear in no time (I advice you to buy lubricant, huge amount of it)

Mjolnir : ... ... yay ! you can now have some hilarious fun with that potatoturd launching machine that is ineffective at more than 15 meters and does absolutely nothing to infantry.!

So ... TR and VS got something really good that fits the role of their MBT's, and NC got something to be laugh about on mumble.
  8. WTSherman

The VS and TR wonder why NC hardly ever gets nerfed, well... there you go. We avoid getting nerfed because our stuff sucks out of the box. :p
    • Up x 2
  9. Danath

TR: Fractures 1.0 with huge magazine. Will be nerfed to oblivion, too easy to land hits. Only balanced thing about it is being awful at killing infantry
    VS: less damaging Vulcan but without the bullet drop, meaning you don't have to be within 10m of the target. Still have to see how it performs.
    NC: will put a MBT on fire without reloading, if you hit all shots from the front. But that thing isn't close range, is melee! And being semi-auto is just torture.
  10. 0fly0

yeah, yersterday i watch harrasser with the vs vulcan destroy a prowler, best moment of the day.
  11. Pikachu

[IMG]
  12. [HH]Mered4

Experiences as a Guy Who Likes to Use What Fits Per Situation (i.e. EVERYTHING):

The MJ is pretty damn good in close range with a competent gunner, and it's really good for putting constant DPS downrange. Those of you that go hull down and tank snipe probably don't understand this concept, but whichever. I like running in groups, so the MJ looks like a decent weapon to pull with a squad backing you up.

The VEX is exactly what I wanted when I was throwing my headphones at the wall just last spring after YET ANOTHER surprise stealthed Vulcan Harasser. No, I'm not a complete noob, and yes, he DID just jump over the cliff I was backed against.
    Since then, I've gotten much better at map awareness, but there's something else about the VEX that people keep forgetting. I won't mention here for fear of spreading the VANU OP disease, but you'll probably get it anyway. The VEX is awesome. It's also just as balanced as the Vulcan.

The Gate-whatever:

Yeah, the last guy who shot at me with that thing got a facefull of HEAT round. He ded.

I haven't seen it wreck entire tank lines, but I have seen some interesting one-two punches with close range anchored Prowlers from Behind. (pubbie lightnings are the best cannon fodder).
  13. KenDelta

Nerf Gatekeeper /thread.
  14. Takara

The only problem I have with the Gatekeeper is it's velocity. It is a little too high. I just think it needs to be toned down on the projectile velocity and it would be perfect.
  15. lothbrook

The velocity is ******** on the gatekeeper, on top of the no bloom and drop its the laziest weapon i've ever seen. I just don't get how they thought rolling all that into one was a good idea.
  16. CMDante

It pays for its ease of use with power, it's altogether less damaging than a halberd, enforcer or saron.
    • Up x 1
  17. WTSherman

The Halberd can kill a Sunderer as fast as a Vulcan? That's the first I've heard of that. I think you might have forgot about damage multipliers.

Anyway, my opinion on the Mjolnir:

The Mjolnir does offer a small DPS increase over the Enforcer at point blank, around 20% extra last time I checked, though its main strength seems to be its huge magazine. The problems arise in how much accuracy it gives up for that, and the fact that the Enforcer's sequential reload eliminates magazine size as a concern when managed well.

Plus, at point blank in a realistic fight you're not going to have time to empty that whole magazine anyway. And if you want to use it on a Harasser? Good luck sticking around for the ~12 seconds you need to empty that magazine. There's also the fact that as bullet weapons, the Vulcan and VEX act as effective anti-Harasser, okay-ish anti-infantry (about as good as a Basilisk anyway), and decent low-altitude anti-aircraft. The Mjolnir, as a grenade launcher with no splash... doesn't.

I almost think it would have been better if they used my half-joking proposal to just take the Canister and give it the AP-HMG damage type.

As it stands, if you very specifically intend to brawl against other vehicles in your Vanguard, the Mjolnir will give you a small edge over the Enforcer just for that, while completely gutting your ability to do anything else. It technically does its job, but it's a bit too niche considering what else is on the table.
  18. axiom537

You and I must be playing a different game, because the gatekeeper not only excels at long range, but it is devastating in close range as well. It doesn't miss...

Please explain to me how LOW DPS would allow it to succeed at long range, but somehow magically make it suck at close range?
    • Up x 1
  19. WTSherman

Well, the idea is supposed to be is that a weak weapon that actually hits is better than a strong weapon that doesn't hit (because you need to hit to do damage at all).

The problem is, as far as I can tell the Gatekeeper does about as much DPS as a Vulcan right now, so there's no "weak" about it. On the PTS it did closer to Enforcer damage, but after trying it on live they definitely buffed it right before release. The Gatekeeper is definitely OP right now.

Also, I just tried the Mjolnir on live and it feels like it's gotten a tiny RoF buff since I tested it on the PTS. But my verdict on it is still the same: it technically performs its role by being better at knife-fighting than the Enforcer, but it sacrifices too much to do it and is overshadowed by the other factions' weapons being so much better.
  20. Zeeteber

How about not nerfing the gatekeeper but buffing the other factions long range MBT weapons so they're equal that way all factions have a close and long range that's equally powerful.