The gods of planetside have seen our plight!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Obscura, Sep 4, 2015.

1. lothbrook

NC doesn't have an AV weapon that doesn't have drop.
  2. CMDante

Ravens and Phoenix.
  3. lothbrook

Which has zero relevance in an vehicle weapon discussion, but its also not even correct since the striker also has no drop as well as the lock-ons, lol.
  4. CMDante

Execpt that you didn't say "No vehicle AV weapons with no drop" you said "NC doesn't have an AV weapon that doesn't have drop."

Which simply isn't true, and if you think the Striker doesn't drop you are dead wrong.
    • Up x 1
  5. lothbrook

We're talking about vehicle AV weapons, so why would i have to put vehicle in there, lol. Whatever go on being dense.
  6. CMDante

Because otherwise someone would point out that in fact you have -two- AV weapons with no drop. Which was two more than the TR had before yesterday.
  7. Bindlestiff

No, it really doesn't. Take it off. It won't change a thing.
  8. Takara

Eh? correct me if I'm wrong but not only does the Phoenix not have drop but you can also steer it ;-)
  9. IronMouse

Excellent then. Devs, the VS doesn't mind .75 being taken away. Two other factions believe it's a must. A no brainer here really.
    • Up x 1
  10. IronMouse

Of course, if I was maining VS I wouldn't want that advantage being taken away from me either, probably. But it isn't fair and it ruins the game balance. So...
  11. Armcross

I rather every one got that than the nurf guns we have now.

With or without .75ADS nurf you still going to die by those guns.
  12. Obscura

Lol ill just copy paste what i said in another thread.

I think you mistake the VS's opinion of 0.75 ADS, I would not give 2 ***** tomorrow if my favorite weapon(5000 kills) the SVA-88, had a 1.0 ADS modifier, if it stopped the stream of salty tears coming from your eyes. Because I know skill in this game doesn't revolve around a minuscule advantage. But I guarantee the "VS OP NERF NAO" attitude wouldn't go away, it would just find something else the VS has that you don't and use that to justify it.
  13. Oreilley

yeah its like this minuscule advantage you had with the zoe max, was really not OP is what we were reading everyday from vs on the forum;

The thing is, if you put that 0.75 ads on a tr weapon for example, its going to be crap caus accuracy aint their strong suit, but on accurate LMG's like Bettelgeuse or SVA it turn out to be quit powerfull.

So of course someone with a ****** aim will say thoses are not OP, but if you know your ****, HS will rain upon your foes before they can do ****, add unlimited amo on the bettlegeuse and you got the weapon of the year.

I see more and more people going VS for this, I also see player BR 50-60 with auraxium bettlegeuse;
    when VS will be 60% pop every night, maybe they'll do something about it, until then it will remain as it is, TR and NC fighting each other, avoiding VS fights until they're cutt off, and then logging off.
  14. FocusLight

You win this year's smug, predictable elitism award.

"Hey folks, did you know DBG accidentalied the .75 mobility on VS LMG's for like, a few hours?"

"I did not know, nor did I notice, because ofc I did use my .75 LMG like a good little Vanu for that WHOOOOOOOLE duration, and I noticed no difference, HONEST, it's obvious that removing this will change nothing and the NC and TR are crying over nothing at all."

Indeed, you are so pro you deduced that from the short period of time, not even a day, that this change was live, AND YOU DID NOT EVEN NOTICE ANY DIFFERENCE.

I guess DBG can just remove .75 mobility from all VS LMG's then and add no new stats to compensate, because in your few hours of gaming, you have noticed NO DIFFERENCE meaning that .75 mobility does absolutely nothing at all, and can safely be removed.

Thanks vain and elitist Vanu player, for your glorious insights into this matter, I'm glad we have finally come to a mutual understanding. .75 can be removed with no loss to the Vanu at all, and anyone that says otherwise? Not true Vanu players, unlike your esteemed self.
  15. FocusLight

Here is the reply to your post:

followed by your reply:

To this a reply follows:
    And to this you reply:
    So let me summarize this for you then:
    NC has no Anti-Vehicle weaponry with no-bullet-drop as a trait.
    You have Ravens and Phoenixs, both Anti-Vehicle weapons with no drop, being guided missiles.
    Those two are not relevant in a vehicle weapon discussion - and I will state this in spite of the fact that I was the one that started talking about ANTI-VEHICLE weapons in general, not vehicle mounted ones - but you are also wrong about Ravens and Phoenixes having no bullet-drop (they don't) because you would be wrong to think the Striker has drop (it does) - and you just started talking about a TR Anti-Vehicle weapon when you said not one sentence earlier that you were talking about Vehicle Mounted Weapons, as a reply to Ravens and Phoenixes - just like lock-ons. (Actaully lock-ons have drop, if the missiles are dumb-fired.)
    But you did not say "No NC Vehicle weapons have no-drop feature" (They do, neither Enforcer or the new Mjolnirr have projectile drop.) you said "NC don't have Anti-Vehicle weapons with no-drop feature." (They do, neither the Ravens nor the Phoenix have projectile drop.) Neither of these are true (neither of them are true) and the Striker does have projectile drop.
    We were talking about Vehicle weapons, - No, you wrote "anti-Vehicle" and that means hand-portables like the Phoenix or MAX equippables like Ravens, the fact your original post refereed to a player talking about TR's vehicle mounted weapon, the GateKeeper, does not change this - why would I have to be specific and make that clear, - because it's and extremely important distinction, it changes the whole topic of the conversation - whatever though, you are the dense one here. - no, in fact you are the one that was lazy and sloppy in your debating and repeatedly argued for things that are neither true not relevant to the very discussion you wanted to have. Why bring up the Striker at all if you wanted to talk about NC's vehicle mounted weapons from the start?
    The Gate Keeper's projectile drop is so small that it's practically non-existent, making for the first TR AV-weapon, either vehicle mounted or carried by infantry and MAX'es - that has no drop.
    NC has no AV weapons, carried or mounted on vehicles, that have drop. Ravens and Phoenixes are guided, Enforcers travel straight ahead, and the Mjolnirr travels forward in a cluster. In the even that I'm wrong - I may very well be - the Enforcer and Mjolnirr has extremely weak drop, just like TR's GK and Vulcan.
    And none of this changes the absurd exchange you had with CMDante above. You will need to be WAY more specific and clear next time you want to argue with someone, and if you say something that others misunderstand, it is YOUR JOB to clarify what you have said, its' not the opposition that is 'just to dense to get it.'
  16. CMDante

Actually, Enforcers do have drop at long range, he's right about that bit.
  17. Bindlestiff

Not only do I not mind about the 0.75, I'd also go a step further and remove the whole no bullet drop thing too.
    • Up x 2
  18. Mootar

Do you seriously believe that nonsense? Anybody who has played VS HA for more than an hour knows full well how much of an advantage .75ads LMGs are, whether they choose to admit it is another story.

Do you think VS HA being able to adadadadad with their shield up faster than an NC/TR HA can strafe without a shield up is balanced or makes no difference?

.75 ads LMGs should have been nerfed ages ago, decent players will still do fine, everyone else will have to get used to playing without a crutch, anybody who claims .75 ads is not a big advantage is either outright lying or delusional.
  19. Dualice

And what's wrong with it, exactly? That it doesn't suck despite being based off the Fracture? :p

Bit off-topic, but is your TR name a reference to Blazing Saddles?