faction Abilities for NS vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cbplayer, Sep 2, 2015.

1. cbplayer

Touching in the idea from our residential **** poster (you know who you are):
    • TR- Increase vehicle acceleration, wheel grip, and makes steering tighter, and overall make a more nimble vehicle (basically the opposite of lockdown, wont be messing with any DPS values, as weapon balance with vehicles is already a mess). This ability would be toggle-able but with a rechargeable energy bar like the infiltrator cloak.
    • NC- A shield just like the heavy assault overshield, that directly prevent damage and is toggleable. Like the TR ability, it affects handling but in different ways. The vehicle is a lot heavier and has more momentum, you lose less speed when you doing things like going uphill and you can ram other vehicles easier ( like Franklin ability in GTA V)
    • VS-Defy gravity (Being able to drive on walls without being affected by gravity and make the vehicle unflippable. is a toggleable ability like the infiltrator cloak. Think it as a anti-gravity device. Make max rank last about 2 minutes.)
    Something like that
  2. SwornJupiter

3. cbplayer

4. Pelojian

TR: people would whine even more about vulcan harrassers.
    NC: people would whine about iwinshield harrassers.
    VS: people would whine about spiderman harrassers.

deploy mode is balanced on TR by being long range focused and punishing at clsoe range sicne you are bait for c4.
    shield is balanced on vanguard because it's slow and lumbering relative to harrassers.
    magburn/climbing ability is balanced out by weaker main gun and PPA having been nerfed.

harrassers already have enough going for them they have options that tanks don't, they can control the range you fight them and they don't have to commit to a fight if it's going badly they can scram and you can't keep up with them.

we do not need more ES abilities to make balancing harder.
  5. SwornJupiter

deploy mode is balanced on TR by being long range focused (1)

we do not need more ES abilities to make balancing harder.[/quote]

They're""""long range focused"""" but they do a piss poor job because of their cof bloom. Weapons like the striker have massive cof bloom for the time that you have to remain exposed to use the damn thing. Fractures, well.... they wobble, which means you're going to miss more than hit out to about 80m. Deploy mode doesn't do anything to address these issues.
    However, I do agree with this. Whenever PS2's dev team tries to implement something that is empire-specific, they f*** up the balance so that one faction ends up with all of the advantages, and another faction with bar-none.

Then, it's a vicious cycle of nerfhammers from then on..
  6. Pelojian

I was talking specifically of deploy mode and not TR as a whole. MBT vs MBT ability deplyo mode is balanced because the vehicle it is used on is designed for long range and makes you vulnerable at short range.

making the TR harrasser faster and turn tighter as an ES ability would only result in more nerf cries for the vulcan or the abiltiy itself and the other two abilties would also be unbalanced on a harrasser.
  7. cbplayer

Well suck it up buttercup
    cuz I dont care about what people whine about. I just want something fun
    Also your logic is stupid, it wont make any aspect from the game unbalance, as it buff every vehicle equally. it wont make harrassers overpower because all the other vehicles are buff exactly the same
    I never said that the TR abilities make vehicles fasyer, it just improve it acceleration.

You two also forget 2 things, this applies to all vehicles, not just harrassers.
    And the NC ability gives vehicles more momentum so they ram **** off the road.
  8. BluescalesNZ

I'd rather just see NS vehicles done away with and replaced by faction specific ones, personally.
    • Up x 1
  9. xSalt

It will completely imbalance the game.... Imagine 2-3 nc sundies with this new shield. They could just coordinate full speed Rams, pop shield before impact and destroy whatever vehicle they run into without taking any damage. Nc fury harassers and battle sundies could park there grenade launchers wherever they want for two minutes without taking damage and still being able to shoot? Vs sundies climbing up inside of bio labs and into the second and third stories of towers and tech plants? No thanks. Vs harassers on the inside of the dome of a bio lab raining saron bursts and fury grenades down for up to two minutes!?!? Totally fair as long as my tr harasser can make a sharp turn.

I mean honestly, do you really think your ideas wouldn't add any sort of imbalance to the game?
  10. FieldMarshall

NC: Harasser Shields for a short time.
    VS: Do more dmg, take more dmg for a short time.
    TR: Lockdown your harasser and die.
  11. cbplayer

If you manage to coordinate 3 different sundies to drive into the same vehicle... it probably kill them even without the shield
    and I doubt any vehicle except maybe the flash can climb a 90* angle wall, let alone how the hell it gona get pass the rim around the biolab, and if it did got that far into the roof of the biolab, it instantly become a target for anyone who has a rocket launcher, who can easily move in out of cover when our sundy/harrasser is expose at all times.

I dont know if you ever driven a harrasser or a flash, half from all my deaths are because the vehicle decided it gonna do donuts for some reason.

Plus the idea of driving circles around your enemies is fun
    Or watching a sunderer suddenly behaving as nimble as a flash.
  12. Pelojian

If you can't take valid criticism then don't post at all. doesn't matter if all vehicles can use those ES abilities, vanguard shield on sunderer would just mean a return of powerful battle sunderers before the armor nerf to blockade armor for one faction.

while VS would get sunderers that can climb and deploy in hard to reach spots maknig them diffcult to dislodge.

meanwhile Tr's gets faster accel, turn rate.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that these aren't balanced relative to each other or compared to anything else.

vanguard shield is balanced because it is intended to only work on the vanguard, magrider's mobility is balanced based on it only being on the magrider, accel and handling would only really benefit the harrasser.

these ideas are not balanced all it does is make NC vehicles more resistant to damage and harder to kill, make VS sunderers even harder to find and destory when placed smartly and make TR harassers handle better.

people complain when they think something isn't balanced, if you don't care what others think then you shouldn't be posting suggestions at all. what makes your feedback more valid then anyone else?
  13. ConradHorse

Personally, I don't like this idea as it reminds me of Korean style MMORPGS with magic, dragons and special abilities that do whooo whaaaam and have some shiny effects but when i try to imagine me doing such things with my real two-handed sword, I feel like even a 5yo would call me a Higby weirdo.
    I can't imagine such 'traits' without magic. PS2 although being a masterpiece of sci-fi, with is down to earth realism and physics (the future physics). Let's stick to that.
  14. xSalt

I'm confused... The OP was talking about giving VS vehicles the ability to climb walls for up to two minutes, like literally, sticky tires, ala Spider-Man. So that is how vehicles other than a flash could/would climb walls. And yes 3 sundies ramming something is instagib, but they still take damage or smash into each other, etc. giving them an invulnerability shield that can be turned on and off at will is OP, every time you shoot a rocket at them, they just flash there shield and take no damage, OP.

And I have spent extensive time behind the wheel of a harasser, if you are getting stuck pulling doughnuts and can't pull out of it before you get killed, you need to practice driving a bit more, E brake is your friend to pull out of doughnuts.

Also, people rarely look up, it's statistically proven, a harasser on the inside of a bio lab dome would have enough of a hay day that I'm sure it would happen frequently.

And if all you want is to drive circles around things..... Harasser.... Scrapper chassis.....
  15. Villanuk

16. cbplayer

Why are you all anti-fun?
    The NC ability is not suppose to be a vanguard I-win shield, it suppose to increase the mass of your vehicle to turn it into a cannonball
    The TR ability would either make sundies go from 0 to 60 instantly, while being able to turn on a dime or something In between.

And for the VS ability you all complaining that somebody would get a harrasser in a biolab, which I think is ******* impossible to do with all the crazy angles and **** you would have to drive through. Even if some ******* get a harrasser up there, just ******* kill it, no big deal, it not even if they are unkillable gods of death or some stupid **** you call it.
  17. cbplayer

Who cares, it fun to mess around in.