What's the Vanu weakness supposed to be?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Flamgino, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Takara

In beta there was some wild swings...honestly Gal's used to have an AMS module. When they deployed their health would double and their wings had shields that prevented damage.... Biolabs were unable to be defended once a Gal landed up there as attackers had a better spawn then the defenders. In close range, fights were ok...but once you got outside of biolab or close range fights the VS had serious issues. It was hard to balance and i think the Devs just decided to abandon many of the differences.

This was the case in MOST bases. Personally they just didn't embrace the original differences in the empires from PS1 which were pretty well balanced.
  2. BluescalesNZ

"The plan is... we have no plan."
    "****, what do we do? The players are starting to complain about the lack of features."
    "Do another weapon balance pass, I dunno. That'll distract them for a bit longer."
  3. placeholder22

If you missed this correct response to the threads original question, I am quoting for truth.
  4. Eternaloptimist

Cherry picking comparisons between individual features like this weapon or that weapon doesn't do it.

Getting beaten a lot by VS doesn't mean they have no weaknesses..........it means you haven't found them or exploited them yet.

Every faction has a gun of one sort or another that is better than anything the other factions have. Some tanks have better armour and others have greater agility etc.

If the teamwork in the average VS force was the same as the other factions we wouldn't be having these discussions. But it's generally better (at least on the EU servers I use).

I play all three factions and half the classes on each and I see this from all sides.
    • Up x 1
  5. FieldMarshall

In PS1 they didnt have the damage that NC had, and not quite as much ROF as TR.
    In PS2 who knows, everyone gets everything apparently.
  6. Zombo

Vanus downside is the least damage per magazine of all factions across the board, because we dont get the higher dmg tier like NC does, or the extra rounds in the mag like TR does

/thread
  7. Nogrim313

how about low bullet velocity? how about low damage? two factors with much more impact than reload speed.
  8. stalkish

Wheres this great teamwork at then?
    Honestly i want to know, ive yet to see it on any of the empires or servers i have joined.
    All are about the same - sometimes they are on the ball, other times they are not. Ive seen plenty of VS base attacks where no orders are present. Ive seen VS croud around a spawns while 1 infil flips the point back. Ive seen VS loose Eisa with +50% pop in the hex because they were too scared to push out. I myself have crushed entire VS vehicle columns because they were too stupid to turn around and shoot back.

No generalisation can be made here, it just simply cannot be true that 'all the casuals went NC, all the skilled shooters went to TR, and all the leaders with a clue went to VS' for example, its just simply impossible for this to be the case.

As i said, it all boils down to which outfits are playing / can be bothered to try that day. For example, i joined a squad the other day, organised bunch of NC, we wrecked every base we went to and funnily enough we only attacked the VS (although thats not relevant), when i logged wed taken about 8 bases during an esamir alert, no idea who won the alert but NC were in the high 40% range when i logged. I joined the same squad the next day (it is run by a friend in a diff outfit) but we couldnt be botherd to do the base attacking thing so we just derped around doing crazy things, Valk / gal dropping a VS & TR fight with 20 NC and holding a building there for example.

Point is there are organised elements within all empires accross all factions, VS doesnt or hasnt won every single alert in the history of the game.

Now when all 3 factions have leaders on who 'care' you get some brilliant alerts, and i have to say a fair chunk of those will end in a draw between 2 factions as the third attacks whoever they can to try and help achieve the draw during the final minutes.

In any case alert victories dont show anything other than who went to the deserted continents when an alert broke out on them. IF VS are better at anything, its curbing their boredom capping zerging empty bases. Alert win % shows who has most pop during non prime, thats about it.
    • Up x 1
  9. LodeTria

Standing still during an engagement is a death sentence.
  10. Stormsinger

Vanu uniforms are like cheap, medieval castles - They look great, but there's no ballroom.
    • Up x 1
  11. ATRA_Wampa-One

Who needs a ball room when we have Disco?
    • Up x 1
  12. Isokon

You are delusional...
  13. Thardus

You're overlooking the two or three people who are going to be carrying around Lashers. They can keep up sustained fire on that doorway for thirty seconds, and damage or kill anyone even taking cover just outside the door. Heck, in a large enough fight, I've seen entire buildings locked down, because once you've got half a dozen lashers on each door, nothing can get through alive.
    • Up x 1
  14. Haquim

True, but compared to the grenade spam that the "Resource Revamp" gifted us with I actually view this as a minor issue.
    I've gotten used to grenades suddenly exploding (why is there even a red marker if it renders AFTER the explosion) in my face so much that the odd Lasher death really doesn't concern me.
    Also numbers make everything better.
    And I don't think its much better when its 6 MCGs instead. NC could propably do it with the SAW.
  15. Juho

Been playing since 2013 and I'm still afraid to fight against VS. I never liked it. It's very different to have NC/TR battles than face those scary laser-plasma weapons. I don't know is it then because people are feeling less motivated when fighting VS than TR/NC... who knows but I definitely am

I end up having on average 1.1-1.4 kdr against VS and 2.5-3+ kdr against TR in pure infantry combat playing medic only
  16. JohnGalt36

Yeah, I'm so delusional that I believe the stats. Such delusion.
  17. Ronin Oni

VS's biggest weakness is also their greatest strength....

DAT ***.....

so dem distracting.
  18. ATRA_Wampa-One

What stats?

Like for real, I've never seen them.
  19. JohnGalt36

It's been posted in like 10 other threads. Look up the monthly stats on the Oracle.

But from what I've seen on this forum, you would probably still deny that VS outperform the others if they won 99% of alerts and the devs made a public statement saying the made VS OP on purpose. So I'm not going to argue.
  20. Ronin Oni

Uhm, well... yeah.... sorta

Pure vehicle stats it IS the weakest.

It's got the lowest DPS (lower than even a Lightning IIRC)

It's tied with lowest durability for MBT, with a larger hitbox

It has the lowest velocity and greatest drop on it's rounds

It has the slowest stock and racer speeds (Special ability aside, which is a second burst every 20 seconds, and competing against +40% RoF or +50%HP )

Turret is fixed giving it the slowest main gun tracking speed, and the lowest angle of fire with the lowest canon position making terrain block it more.

It's only advantage is in an unmeasurable metric.... mobility/strafe.... which allows for more unpredictable movement.

The ONLY way a Magrider wins any tank engagement is making the enemy miss (not dodge, because if you predict properly, a Magrider cannot adjust fast enough after you fire to dodge your round, unless you're at ranges where from sitting still YOU can move out of the way of the Magriders shot)

As it happens, that is a very effective capability to have in a tank, and well makes up for it's other lackings.

A bad mag pilot will get REKT. When me and my gunner fight Mags, the majority of them eat every shot we fire (yes, they're trying to dodge, they're just not good at juking).

The best way to fight as a mag is knowing the timing of your enemies shots, and the best way to fight a mag is to throw off their predictions (by NOT firing at max ROF... you have enough statistical advantage to not need to maximize DPS output), and know their momentum/direction change delays.

I will quickly ascertain whether or not an enemy has reload certed (it's almost always all or none) and once determined, I can use that to throw off almost every single shot you'll make by changing direction AS you fire.

Your welcome. You can now confront magriders directly.