female models are op

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Ballto21

• Up x 4
  2. ColonelChingles

Until these become purchasable by in-game cash...

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

As it currently is I don't think the female models even really look that female. :p
    • Up x 6
  3. TriumphantJelly

Currently the female models look like females yet with alterations to all zones hetero males/other sexualities that are attracted to women to make them bigger and rounder. It's ridiculous, and objectification and over-sexualisation is not a core aspect of this game like it is in that one. Sorry, rant over.
  4. Korban

Ah China my motherland, they always seemed to enjoy over exaggerating the PR of every game they come across.
    • Up x 2
  5. UberNoob1337101

LOLd, that was an interesting video! Though, it's probably the reason VS has over 40% win rate on alerts, because obvious reasons...

[IMG]
    No wonder why I almost never get killed with my Orion+Female character+medkit spam :p
    • Up x 4
  6. MarkAntony

well at least now we know why VS really win all the time. it's those sexy VS infils.
    • Up x 4
  7. Scorpion97

The only thing I can't understand with people who play with female models in this game is WHY?I used to get ULTIMATLY devastated with everytime I get killed by a female model.After several weeks,I asked some of my friends (which are males in real but play with female model) why they like playing with female,the funpart is that the answers were:

1) more tactical in 2 ways:

a)they are physically smaller which makes them harder targets
    b)sexual arousal and focus distraction (like what Balto mentioned in the video) and this works better in VS

2) they aren't satisfied with male voice packs (this is an issue in TR and NC and NOT VS) they also think that female voice is more mature which is something I actually agree with.But VS standard voices of both males and females sounds more mature than NC's and the TR male only(that's my opinion)

I always thought that every Female character in the game is just becouse the person IS female but after I asked,it turns out that most who play females are actually males.As for me,I simply like playing male becouse it's MY gender,but to be honest,I play with female model as TR becouse again,the TR voice sounds little squeaky and stupid for me

While I think the main reason they made female models in ps2 is just to avoid getting the accusation of "anti-feminist"
  8. Ghoest

I assume you are talking about PS2

You are absurdly wrong.

PS2 avatars avatars both male and female look like well conditioned athletes. This is how it should be. And it's different from most games.
  9. Sulsa

HAHA beat me too it!
  10. Takara

NERF THE SPANDEX BUTT!.......

Vanu....giving the NC and TR butt envy and ruining their self esteem!
    • Up x 2
  11. Scorpion97

I hope kids aren't watching this thread
  12. Takara

From a game designer standpoint it is just always a good practice to let your player have both genders as a choice when the story doesn't revolve around an already named character.( such as Metal gear, Mario Brother,ect)

Why would one instantly deny your customer the ability to identify more with their game by denying them that ability? For some it doesn't matter what race/gender they play. But for others being able to personalize just a bit in that sense makes them feel more attached to their character, and therefor your game. Honestly, it just seems like good business sense.

It's the same reason most clubs/Bars try to attract women to their establishments. Ideally restrictive clubs want a ratio of 60% or higher of women. There is science behind all of that as well. I couldn't spout it all off the top of my head but a buddy of mine opened a bar and they planned everything from the location of where it would be, to the colors on the wall, to the drinks on the menu in an attempt to get higher percentages of women so college guys would want to go there. And it works.
    • Up x 1
  13. RainbowDash9

the reason i play as females in games is because, and mind you this is true, its easier for me to customize the character in certain games as a girl. like most japanese games i play, the girl characters get all the cool stuff lol.

That and id rather have a good looking female character than a good looking male character. god apparently im a fashion skrub
  14. 0fly0

I have both male and female character and i love female better mostly because the skin look better to me, the helmet, armor and camo i have buy look better on female size body but this is just my opinion, like you say there is also voice pack. I never actualy think about character size, i don't know if the hitbox is smaller or not.
  15. Scorpion97

I know how females play an important rule in business but when it causes response issues..you know it somehow ruins the gameplay.That's simply how it works:

If you play video games just to chill,so probably you don't issues with sexual arousal BECOUSE you are simply enjoying it :p

If you are a competitive player so maybe females with such customers will effect your gameplay negatively.im just saying
  16. user101

I have been playing this game a long time and it is true most FM's are males but the ones that are real females are some of the best players I have run up against in this game. They just kick a#ss. When PS2 launched we had a lot of FM's playing in the game. Not near as many now.

I have to say I like some of the posts in this thread.
  17. FBVanu

This Planetside **** thread will get more views than any other thread this forum has ever seen.

If not, I will be hugely disappointed in our player base.. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  18. Asageh

Red is OP.
    • Up x 1
  19. Demigan

ofcourse not, I never see one
  20. Demigan

afraid they'll learn something? :p