[Straw poll] What makes you log off?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FieldMarshall, Jul 21, 2015.

1. CorporationUSA

You have no idea what the air game is really like. I can't say I blame you for that, it's something learned over time. But it's way more complex than you are giving it credit for. Anything you think the valkyrie excels at, aside from troop transport of course, I can do in an ESF, plus much more.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind about this though, so I'm not gonna waste any more time trying to convince you of anything.
  2. Klabauter8

Now you are just talking nonsense (not that I expected anything else though).

An ESF has a fixed nose gun which can only shoot straight forward. This alone let's the Valk do things which ESFs will never be able to. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

And I never said air game wouldn't be complex. It's just not complex in the right ways imo. The fact that most of the field can see each others coming from a mile away is just boring to me, but whatever.
  3. CorporationUSA

Prove it.
  4. Klabauter8

There is nothing to prove. If you had any common sense you could imagine yourself what kind of advantages a gun which can shoot in all kinds of directions gives you over a gun which merely shoots straight forward. It's really not rocket science.
  5. CorporationUSA

Do you realize the my gun is shooting forward in a 360 degree rotation? Hence the reverse maneuver I brought up before, that you didn't even bother to look up to see what it was.

I'm sorry, but you are the type of person I was referring to before. Stuck in your comfort zone and just making excuses. You say the game is boring, but refuse to try other things or to listen to people who know what they are talking about. Like I said, you've made up your mind about something of which you know very little.
  6. Klabauter8

I don't have to look up your oh-so cool reverse maneuver because I already pretty much knew what you mean by it. It's really not as complex as you seem to think it is.

And try doing this reverse maneuver or whatever 2 feet above the ground to kill a lightning from above without having the whole field throwing lock-ons at you, then you will see what I mean.

This is not possible with an ESF. With a valkyrie I can just simply hover right above the lightning 2 feet above the ground and kill it easily. And that's just one example out of many, but keep talking out of your *** if it makes you happy.
  7. Liewec123

"bad boring battles" is taking the lead by a long way, with "not enough people online" in the second spot.
    and so continues the vicious spiral of destruction, not enough people playing makes more people stop playing.
  8. Goretzu

I'm beginning to wish they had some sort of population based continent locking just to concentrate fights.
  9. Submkt

Lattice zerg-side. Playing during 'off-hours' on Connery recently. ~45% world K-pop is too oppa. Ah, puntastic!

Granted this was a couple weeks ago. [IMG]
  10. Archiadus

Players with such a consistently high latency that I often wonder why they´re even allowed to play on the server are by far my #1 reason for logging off.

I could say that a hacker script kid would be a good reason to log off as well but when facing one of those I can redeploy somewhere else knowing that they´ll get banned, eventually.
  11. Eternaloptimist

How about adding "Hossin is the only continent available"?
  12. CorporationUSA

Why do I need to do anything at 2 feet above the ground? lol get outta here, kid, you're trying too hard.
  13. eldarfalcongravtank

top reasons that make ME log off:

1) not enough people on (especially on the wrong conts): only 12vs12 and a few 24vs24 fights which get one-sided quickly, sorry but PS2 couldnt be more boring with such few players

2) boring/bad fights: only fights that are one-sided or in facitlities/bases i cant stand

3) own faction steamrolling: nothing more boring being forced to go with a 96+ zerg that crushes any resistance easily, you dont see any enemy and it's just a ghostcap raid with ya homies

4) "wrong" conts unlocked: if i only see Amerish and Hossin unlocked it's not instantly log off for me but the likelihood is greater that i do, compared to when Indar/Esamir was unlocked

5) alerts on the "wrong" conts: Amerish/Hossin alerts are terrible because i dont like these conts that much

6) lag/performance: when the game regularly hangs/freezes or the server constantly lags (with high ping spikes)
  14. oberchingus

Great poll. Neat results.
  15. RaTzo

Lockons, lockons, lockons... everywhere lockons. When I can't find a fight that doesn't include lockons coming from every direction I log off.
  16. Klabauter8

If you want to fly stealthy and not have the whole field shooting at you when going for ground targets you have to fly as low as possible or better said use the terrain for cover. If you had any idea about aircrafts you would know this.
  17. uhlan

Real life makes me log off more often than any other issue.

I find it kind of funny in that I don't mind getting "zerged" or out-popped at a base as I find it a more target rich environment.

If that happens I break out the ol' Infiltrator and go hunting and frustrate the enemy trying to cap a point. Or respawn nearby to do "god's work" from a distance.

Seeing my fellow faction members run out of the same door in the same class only to get killed again and again during these moments makes me question their sanity.

You can ALWAYS respawn at a nearby base and do some damage from afar or prepare for the next assault, but rarely do I ever see anyone do this...

They'd rather beat their heads against the wall, wait till the base gets capped, charge out at the last second, die for the 50th time then cry about it in the forums and elsewhere.
  18. CorporationUSA

Just stop. You've already shown that you have no idea how the air game works. I could try to teach you how it does work, but you're happy to pretend to know things, so I won't waste my time with that. Come back when you're more humble.
  19. Whatupwidat

Right...excellent advice. I'll get riiiight on that ****.