Don't Spend Money on This Game!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AlterEgo, Jul 16, 2015.

1. AlterEgo

You shouldn't spend a single dime! There are only a few hundred people at any time! Even if you love the game so much, don't you dare spend any money on it! If you do, you'll be hunted down, and we'll make sure NO ONE tries to help the game out!

Basically, you've got a ton of trolls trying to belittle what the game manages to accomplish. If you can't appreciate over 40v40 on many battles, then go play something called Battlestealed, Crock of Duty, or some other random 343 fanboy game. This game does what many NEVER have, so don't fall for the guys who make it sound like crap. Enjoy the game, and spend your money how YOU see fit.
    • Up x 4
  2. Shatteredstar

Darn but my subscription is already charged?! Whatever will I do?!
  3. Nalothisal

Bumbed for amusing Satire.
  4. Klypto

I currently don't. All the UX and experience bugs scared my wallet away.
    • Up x 1
  5. DirArtillerySupport

I'm SO glad I never dropped more than $5 on this game. People that do spend money on this game are so...angry.
  6. ronjahn

I've spent hundreds and love the game. Someone people think they are making some sort of investment when the pay for a f2p. To put it simply, your aren't making an investment. You are paying for advantages in the game. Your payment should never be given with expectations that somethkng will happen in the future. You should understand that your are paying for the game, not investing in the games growth, though that should be, but isn't always an added benefit.
    • Up x 1
  7. Shatteredstar

Advantages are relative but true none the less, not to say subscription got buying a gun is a "pay to win" though. Don't let the crazies take that from your statement.
  8. Kronias

Yes...all of my yes. I've spent a lot. More than I probably should have. I don't regret it though, why? because I enjoy the things I've purchased. When you spend money on a FTP game, your mindset should be. "I am buying X item because I want X item" not "I'll buy X item because this money will go to other things." Would that be nice? Yes, absolutely. But much like life, just take your purchases one item/day at a time.
  9. toast2250

I don't really agree.

When you start out you should get the camo and some vehicle armor addons when theres duble- triple StationCash, you will have fun for the first 6-8 months.

Then you will start to dig into the company's history and gather others opinions.

My opinion is that they lack strong opinion and leadership, whenever they do show it its often in the wrong direction and people end up disliking it.

When ever they question their own decisions they turn to the players, and like they said, the players themselves don't really know what they want. It then turns out that the players don't like their own suggestions. Its also maybe because they listen to the wrong players.

Here are some facts:
    - They once strangled their own forum
    - They destroyed an entire game which was overflowing with players because they thought its the right thing (strong opinion)
    - The listened to players and implemented the Valkyre and spitfire turret just for the sake of having it because people were asking for it.

What this game has and still is needing has always been the:
    - Resource farming feature
    - Being able to capture the warp gates, intercontinental lattice
    - Lockdown, zoe, striker, nc max shield etc,..
    - Polished sky/lighting mechanic thingy
    - Weather
    - A solution to zerg

Look how awesome the reflex sights are, its not like its impossible.
  10. DirArtillerySupport

Put money in the bank and not watch it grow? I think I'll pass on that one. Call me old school but I would need there to be a best before date that is over the horizon and not stuck in concrete like a no exit sign at the end of a dead end street. I know all games have an expiry date but it would be nice if there was at least the appearance of a timeless classic. Something that will live a full life based on technological limitations rather than some prefabricated corporate lifespan...with no future.
  11. FieldMarshall

Same here. I regret nothing.

The enjoyment i have gotten out of my PS2 spendings more than enough makes up for the cost.
    If i didnt spend it on PS2, it would have gone into other games anyway.
  12. ronjahn

what bank are you putting money in thTs giving you a huge return? Interest rates are crap ATM. If you want your money to grow, put it in the stock market, ETFs, mutual funds, bonds, or other sources of investments. If you want to put your money into this game, understand that you are buying a product, not an investment. This isn't an IPO or some kickstarter, it's a major game development company who is selling a product. If you buy membership, you are getting quicker queues, extra xp, extra resources, and a DBC allowance every month. If you buy a weapon, you are buying that weapon.

It's the people who put money into the game and then expect/demand that the money they spent(read: not invested) is going to be used on some down the line feature, item, or update, who need a reality check.

When it comes to time frames, this game has been going strong for almost 3 years. I can see it going fairly strong for another 2 or more. Is that so bad for a game that you can get away with never spending a penny to play?

(edit: none of the above should be mistaken for investment advice. All investments carry certain risks. Do your own research and due diligence before making any investments)
    • Up x 2
  13. Jubikus

My money spending on this game in a nutshell
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  14. breeje

i spend more then i wanted but this game is so addictive i can't stop supporting it, i love this game for the good and the bad
    if DBG only could bring me more weapons i would spend more herewith new smg's please

now i can't understand why somebody would call out for not supporting this game if they play it there self
    without money this game will die fast and the free players will also have to find a other game
    i know this game is not perfect but you can't find a other game like this
    DBG have the leadership in this kind of games
  15. DirArtillerySupport

Nope it makes perfect sense in my pocket book which is closed for this game. The day the game was announced it felt like a kickstarter for consoles and still feels like a kickstarter for consoles. I think this game has come to flower right on schedule.

..and buy real estate.
  16. Whatupwidat

I drop a few quid in it every couple of months, or whenever they add anything with rainbows on it...I know, I'm a cliche.
  17. ShineOut

But, I enjoy my in game bought swag D=
    • Up x 2
  18. Nalothisal

I think I spent about 100 on this game or so...not sure lol but I'm happy.
  19. AxiomInsanity87

I spent about £380 and i'm now playing the ps4 version and spending again where the game is fresh.

No regrets, value is relative.
  20. IronMouse

This game is awesome and well worth spending money on. I am not a member, but have bought cosmetics and a few weapons.

Support the developers.