[BUG] Why the hell do NC VANGUARD continues 1hitting my ESF?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 1wasawa, Jul 13, 2015.

1. 1wasawa

How the hell is this possible?
    I mean, i directhitted a Reaver with the HE gun, which does MORE dmg than the AP gun and it did not 1 hitted the Reaver. The question is, HOW THE HELL can vanguards continue 1hit me, with AP *****? Their guns are ****** crazy, with that eleveation, there is no way to fight a ******* vanguard because it either pops its bubble, or 1 hits me.
    Why the ESFS are so underpowered, they are mostly useless against ANY vehicle, that is not stock, or dont have AA, and not driven by an idiot. ESF have no Damage balance to their HP.
    But still, HOW DO HE 1 HIT ME?
    • Up x 1
  2. 1wasawa

And the ones who say, 'you noob' dont stay stationary or so, i was floating above him like 90 degree, and still, he can 1 hit me like ****.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pikachu

[IMG]
    • Up x 15
  4. bl33ping

1. it's not a bug
    2. HE does not do more damage than AP. HE's primary role is for infantry while AP's is for armor.
    3. try attacking from directly above the tank unless the tank is angled up on the terrain (something i do a lot in my tanks). sounds like you encountered one that was sloped up on something.
    4. esf's are not underpowered. my tanks (yes, including vanguards) get taken out all of the time by esfs. use hornets or pods and aim for the rear. it's pretty devastating.
    5. the titan-150 ap does 2,075 damage. esf's have 3,000 health and -92.5% resistance against ap rounds. that's why you're getting one-shotted.
    • Up x 3
  5. Kloz

lmao :D
    • Up x 2
  6. FateJH

HE actually does less damage against an ESF than AP (with or without splash).
    An ESF has no directional armor, so I will exclude calculations for it, and splash does not affect an ESF.
    All ESFs have 3000 HP.
    I am not certain what tank you are comparing against if "HE does more than AP" so I will only show Titan 150 calculations.
    • Up x 2
  7. 1wasawa

The damage in this game is just ridiculously dumb.
    • Up x 1
  8. Kcalehc

Try being the guy in the Vanguard. It's not really that easy to hit an ESF, I mean it's not super hard if the pilot is hovering in place, then its as easy as hitting any stationary target - but a moving, jinking dodging ESF, they are hard to hit. Don't hover in place, especially near a vanguard on terrain where they can get some extra elevation, and you'll do fine.
  9. Kloz

I know you probably wont listen to criticism since you seem to already have decided that the problem is with the game and now with how you fly BUT: If you position yourself correctly in a 1vs1 against a tank they will not be able to get their main gun high enough to hit you, simple as that. My guess is that you forget to take into account the slope of the ground that the tank is on.
    • Up x 2
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

11. ZDarkShadowsZ

While it is very possible to hit a moving ESF if they angle themselves correctly, there are a few things to take into consideration such as the distance between you and the tank, the speed in which you were going at and the tank's bullet velocity. If you're several hundred metres and quite high in the air from a tank, naturally it's going to be a lot harder for them to get a shot on you. However, flying close to the ground to avoid AA such as NS Bursters, Skyguards and so on means there's also a higher risk of being shot down by things such as tanks.

From time to time when I've flown as an ESF I've been shot down by Vanguards too and while it might be annoying, I only have myself to blame for either not keeping my distance by flying too close to them, hovering over one area or not constantly keeping on the move.

As others have already stated, HE does not do more damage than AP. If you're trying to one-shot an ESF with HE, and they've one-shotted you with AP, this is why it's not working out for you. If you're interested on testing out what does more damage, try things out in the VR, get a feel for which does what more damage, look up PS2 damage stats sites or check out ESF videos on YouTube, there's certainly many of them. Then maybe you'll come to see what you did wrong, and where you can improve. :)
  12. CorporationUSA

lol
  13. Mythologicus

And if the issue is you're being swatted out of the sky while you're being carried along to your destination, don't be lazy and fly in perfectly straight lines at <300m altitude over enemy territory.
  14. The_Blazing

To be realistic, an ESF is underpowered in the hands of the average newbie. They become ridiculously OP in the hands of a few skygods, which has always been a problem, but nobody wants to fix it because muh skill ceiling.

That said, I've always felt that cannon elevation has always been too high in PS2. All cannons (except maybe the Lightning's) should be normalized to the Magrider's cannon elevation (~40° rather than the current 60). But, ESF OHK on cannons seems pretty fair besides that, considering that it is hard to do. Also, if you're getting cannoned in an ESF you are probably doing something wrong in the first place.

1> Nerver approach head on.
    2> Never linger near enemy lines for too long.
    3> Prefer 90-degree vertical approaches ("falcon dives") onto your targets or rear approaches for maximum damage.
  15. Jake the Dog

LIES!!!
    Heres how you attack tanks:
    Go straight at him,
    at ground level,
    the way his/her turrets facing,
    be bold.
    • Up x 6
  16. MetalCotton

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  17. Scr1nRusher

I can't even all of the what of the how.
    • Up x 2
  18. Klypto

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  19. Konstantinn

Because you hover in one spot.
  20. FieldMarshall

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  21. Cyrek

The OP displays a good point, yes you should strike a Vanguard from 90 degrees above it, but what if if theres another or a pack of 3 vanguards covering each others top against ESFs, I mean for christ sakes, these are tanks, its impossible to get a rocket pod or a hornet attack run without getting 1-hit with a single shell, DBG should give at least ESFs a surviving chance if hit just like prowlers do when hitting ESF. It falls on the same ******** graph as Dalton AA liberators.