Best user options for best FPS?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Vyycan, Jan 8, 2014.

1. TronX33

*Above: (my quotes didn't work after editing the things inside, not the actual quote code) I use a Intel Hd Graphics 4000, and I can play on low and medium( mostly medium) settings and slightly more than half render distance with a decent fps, so I don't see what your problem is.
  2. MaxDamage

Intel 2500K @ 4.2Ghz (minimal overclock) with HD3000 graphics.

I cap out at 62-63 fps with limit set to 60.. sometimes drops to around mid 40s in 24 vs 24 busy fight.

Overall, the best I've found so far.

Looks like crap, the "RenderQuality" is pretty awful, but the FPS are there and its playable. Shots go where you aim and it doesn't feel like you're running through mud.
    I'm sure there must be more secret lighting settings to tweak.. as the game is a little too shiny, and I'd rather trade those shinies for a slightly higher RenderQuality (even 65).

[Display]
    FullscreenWidth=1360
    FullscreenHeight=768 (same aspect ratio as 1920 which a lot of flatscreens are more comfortable with)
    RenderQuality=0.500000

[Rendering]
    OverallQuality=-1
    GraphicsQuality=1
    TextureQuality=3 (apparently higher is lower for this)
    ShadowQuality=0
    LightingQuality=1
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=1
    ModelQuality=1
    RenderDistance=500.000000
    VerticalFOV=65 (optional lower FOV, does give noticeable FPS improvement)
    ParticleLOD=0
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000 (use lower if you want..)
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    VSync=0
    AO=0
    MaximumFPS=60 (performance-friendly alternative to vsync, lower a little if your fps is too high (lol))
    UseLod0a=1 (better performance, some incorrectly advise 0)
    BloomEnabled=0
    MotionBlur=0
    Smoothing=0 (some prefer it on, I don't)

[Sound]
    IdleMusic=0
    UseHighQualityReverb=0
    MaxVoices=32

With these settings I can actually stand to play/be semi-useful for short sessions. Certainly won't want to be having 2hrs of this tho.