Best user options for best FPS?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Vyycan, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Vyycan

If you have very high FPS can you please post your user option settings here. And please post tips to make FPS higher.
  2. Vyycan

Please don't be selfish. If you have high FPS please post your useroption settings here. I am desperate to play planetside 2. But I cant cause my FPS is 8.
  3. Jester7x

Why dont you post your specs and we can go from there.
    • Up x 1
  4. Vyycan

Windows 7 Proffesional 64 bit

8GB Ram

Intel(R) HD Graphics
  5. Jester7x

Is this a desktop or laptop? I can tell if that if you're using integrated video (i.e. laptop) you'll probably have low FPS.
  6. Vyycan

desktop
  7. IDC_

here are some parts of my ini file that might help you increasing your fps a bit (not to 60 or higher, maybe 10-20).
    since i read your other posts, do you play on a laptop? what is your CPU? (to see it press windows key + pause key)

[Display]
    RenderQuality=0.500000

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=2
    TextureQuality=3
    ShadowQuality=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=1
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=1
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=1
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    MaximumFPS=60
    Smoothing=1
    SmoothingMaxFramerate=58
    SmoothingMinFramerate=20

[Sound]
    MaxVoices=48
  8. Jester7x

Hey IDC, whats this in your sig?
    "OS: Windows XP with /PAE /3GB and /USERVA=2560 switch"
  9. baka

Intel(R) HD Graphics -- never expect much, no matter what your settings. Even with the newest i7 processors, the integrated graphics are not good for gaming at over 800x600. When I built my machine (specs in sig) I tried PS2 before I installed my video card. The integrated HD4000 graphics were horrible, and nothing I could do helped much. I'll paste you my settings but if you can break 15fps with them I would be surprised.

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=3
    RenderDistance=2000.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=1
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=2
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    EffectsQuality=3
    TerrainQuality=3
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=3
    ParticleLOD=1
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    MotionBlur=0
    AO=0
    Smoothing=1
    VerticalFOV=74

RenderDistanceScalar=0.600000
  10. IDC_

they are bootoptions for windows xp.
    i explained them HERE
  11. ST4LK3R

[Terrain]
    RenderFlora=OFF

Should help.
  12. Vyycan

I love you IDC! You brung my FPS to 40!!!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
  13. BRU7AL

I also have Intel graphics (HD3000) and I play on the "Very Low" preset graphics and then I switch it to custom (so it saves the settings) and turn rendering quality down to 50%. It makes the game look like absolute **** but I am getting 40ish FPS an average now and IMO FPS > graphics.
  14. Vyycan

But is there anyway to improve the graphic quality by a little bit?
  15. sodopro

Not on your machine, no.

Deal with it, that's what I do.
  16. IDC_

you can increase TextureQuality to make the game look better. but since the game seems to have some memory leak it will also increase the chances of getting a crash to desktop (CTD)

you can also acivate flora in the game so you can see a few bushes, but hey if you leave it off you can see the tankmines that should be hidden under them.

with higher terrain quality you'll see a few more stones on the ground. but standing still and looking at stones and flowers will kill you. if you wanna live you'll better RUN.

you can raise the render quality (thats the thing that affects fps the most). but the only difference i see is that the console displays look a bit nicer before i use them. i don't have to see a ultra high detailed 3d graphic af a sunderer to know that i'm standing in front of a vehicle terminal. ;)

it's like BRU7AL wrote: fps > graphics

you can try this too to increase your fps a bit
    [Rendering]
    RenderDistance=2000.000000
    (though someone told me, that since the last update it's locked to maximum 2000 even if a higher value is in the ini file)
    but if you play infantry you can lower it to 1000 or even 500 - enemy infantry will render if they are closer than 300 (meters)
  17. ohmikkie

Wow you've got a similar setup to me desktop rig (E6600, GTX280 but with only 2GB Ram). What FPS to you get with that? Never even tried PS2 on that machine.
  18. IDC_

it's in my sig:
    FPS: playable 20-40 (>50 at warpgate) with smoothing on

with only 2GB ram i'll guess you'll experience a lot of crashing :(
  19. ohmikkie

lol
    sorry mate only read the first part lol.
  20. IDC_

yes - i forgot that part