Redeploy changes on vehicles is horrible and is glitched to all hell

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by axiom537, Jun 19, 2015.

1. axiom537

I get what you are saying, and I agree to a certain extent and we will deal with it. I'm just saying this was an unnecessary change and it causes more problems and frustrations then it solves. Redeploying into Squad logistic vehicles has never been an issue, (with exception of obscure tricks to get around the mechanics). Redeploying onto Beacons, which can be passed around to different players in the squad and or Platoon and being able to redeploy 48+ players anywhere on the map instantly with no risk was an issue and needed to be addressed and I think these changes are perfect, but restricting team oriented vehicles especially those that can get out of range in a mater of seconds is not a good change.
  2. axiom537

If I have to explain it then it may be beyond you...Just keep zerging you'll be fine...
  3. MrJengles

Why would this not be enough?

Squad Spawning doesn't have a range limitation. Its express purpose is to regroup players that get separated from, or just joined, a squad.
  4. Obstruction

except, i don't "zerg." i run in high level air squads and we have to pick up our mates and then follow the squadron lead the old fashioned way. nobody gets left behind, because we all have map awareness and a general sense of personal responsibility when it comes to either being where we need to be or communicating AFKs when we can't.

like i said, you can't be very organized if your people can't stay together, or are so reliant on long-abused gimmicks that a change like this cripples your whole playstyle. what is it that the peasants say after every single nerf to air over the last 3 years? oh yeah, nice to see someone finally come along and give you what you deserve. the mightiest of jimmies has finally been rustled. toys have been thrown from the pram, and dummies have been righteously and forthrightly spat.
  5. Meeka

Then you should have a platoon with smaller, multiple squads with each squad doing its given task.
  6. Moukassin

I am an outfit leader, I lead squads almost every day and I totally agree.

This restriction is very annoying when squad leading. You don't know if your squad members can use your beacon, or spawn on your sunderer. Very Very Very annoying since I like squad play the most: 6 to 12 players.

Now this is more complicated to squad lead, the spawns you can provide are not viable for every squad member making leadership even less rewarding.

Please revert this DBG!
  7. Ronin Oni

Not really, and it's not difficult for a PL to manage a platoon to allow the entire platoon to hop over using this method

Whether or not it requires organization is somewhat irrlevant to it's potential, and in fact only gives the power to those most likely to abuse it leaving the unorganized masses to be even more easily out-maneuvered.

The only system that's needed is to allow people to spawn at the nearest hardpoint to the majority of their squad.

That's really it.
  8. Moukassin

Here is a video with live examples showing why this restriction is so annoying:

• Up x 2
  9. Pat22

Wait so it's making leading more complicated but dumbing down the gameplay?
  10. HadesR

I'm getting the impression that the only way people could keep their squads together and organised was to allow them to Harry Potter across entire continents ...
  11. Pat22

That or, you know, give them orders and directions, you know... actually leading them? Not just putting a waypoint on a base and letting them do whatever.
    I don't know, it's like some people's idea of organisation is anything but.
    • Up x 1
  12. Maniaboo

Why not have the same rules as Planetside 1

In PS1 you would spawn at the nearest Base

Nearest AMS (Advanced Mobile Spawn) ie Sundy

Nearest Tower(as they had spawn tubes in them)

You could also spawn at what was called sanc if you wanted to regroup
    Whilst in sanc you regrouped into gals or tanks to go to the fight.
    Or drop on a base similar to the drop pods now except when dropping you didn't randomly get dropped near a base you could pick a spot around it so you could spawn away from the nme. And all your squad could drop on the same spot. This made for good tactics.
    There was also the ability to link yourself to an AMS, BASE or Tower so that even if it was all the way across the map you could spawn on it.

This was great for tactics as only your platoon could spawn at the AMS and you could put it in a place a little further away from the fight to regroup a base further away or even across the map as a fall back point.

This made for great tactics depending on what base or AMS you where linked to. Only people linked could spawn across the map.

Part of my frustration with PS2 is lack of tactics like this.

As for invisible AMS . That was the only thing in PS1 there where no visible ones. It was great.

Things like this made PS1 last for 12 years. It was awesome. This game atm is just a glorified Battlefield. Pump as many grunts into a base as possible to win. Zero tactics involved.
    • Up x 1
  13. Inex

Because redeploying on the bacon is easier. If you want to close off "Ok platoon - hit redeploy, we're going to smash a fight on another continent. Don't worry about your vehicles though, we'll be back in time to pick them up again." then you need to close off all the other alternatives too. Otherwise it's a squad lead pulling a Valk to redeploy instead of an ESF to plant a beacon.
  14. AlterEgo

This is a great change. Now, squad members can't infinitely spawn from a Galaxy at flight ceiling, a place where not even Burster MAXes can aim high enough.
  15. Takoita

Personally, I strongly disagree. The 'issues' are solved simply by breaking out your pilots/drivers of the bad habit of going off without any passangers onboard (which has a side effect of not having your Sunderers and Galaxies getting caught by enemies with no gunners to help them, by the way).

The actual problems with the spawn system - people choosing one spawnpoint but getting spawned on the other side of the continent (or a different continent altogether) - have nothing to do with the mild inconvenience of waiting for half a minute for your squadmates to get their rear ends in gear.
  16. axiom537

That is a red herring argument, no one is arguing about wanting to spawn on opposite sides of the continent utilizing vehicle squad logistics, not that, that has really changed, you can still spawn across the continent, you just need to keep the vehicle in friendly territory, while the squad redeploys, nothing has really changed in that regard...

What I and many others are expressing is our frustration over the severe limitation of the 600m range, when you are in or near enemy territory or even in contested territory(which is friendly territory in which the point is being flipped).

I want you to count to 3...

That is how long it takes for a Galaxy or a Valk to get out of range of your squad to spawn into or re-deploy into your Gal or Valk. Again, I am not talking about trying to get across the continent, that's easy, I am talking about hitting the next base, dropping your squad on a target and moving the Gal/Valk back into safer territory or evading enemy contacts, Again it takes as little as 3 seconds for your Gal or Valk to get out of range of your squad and once that happens then they can not spawn back into the Gal/Valk.

I think Moukassin, in his video above expressed the issue very well. This was an unnecessary change that takes away more then it benefits. At the very least I would like to see the range greatly increased by 3 - 4 x's, but honestly I see no reason to have a restriction on squad logistics into vehicles, because the ability to abuse it is limited and takes away from the game more then it benefits it.