A Sticky Situation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mustarde, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Inex

I'll admit, I'm looking at it from the perspective of mostly 24-48 fights, and usually not with a platoon lead yelling "Everybody grenade all the things!". But this sounds like a feature, not a bug.

Breaching without grenades or MAXs against an entrenched force is very difficult. Having a grenade option which forces a defense to spread out beyond a small point room seems like a good thing. If you want to avoid the spam...

Don't stand directly on the point.
  2. Mustarde

3. Eyeklops

This is soooo me, lol. Too bad recursion doesn't track fragasms for stickies. :mad:
  4. Takoita

I'm worried that putting this grenade in line with others will make breaching for us poor mortals harder, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

On a somewhat unrelated note, drum-fed indirect fire grenade launcher with bouncing projectile, plz. And UBGL projectile nerfs undone. The enemy crowd gets a bit too thick at times, we need something to discourage people from clumping up all the time.
  5. Mefi

I feel annoyed.
    This bug was reported ages ago on the official forums (the bug section doesn't exist anymore though).
    It was reported again on the Community Issue Tracker and was confirmed by SOE employe about half year ago. It got [Tracked Internally] status.
    There were multiple threads on forums and reddit, including yours.

And now we're told it was found because someone has sent /bug report on PTS.

I knew the old bug section rarely had any feedback and likely was ignored more often than not.
    But when they literally confirm that the CIT and their own bug trackers mean nothing, it's awful.
  6. Mustarde

Well Mefi, at least something is happening. I'll take it.
  7. Garmus

I think nerfing grenade damage radius will create new problems, like how to counter massive zerging/MAX crashing. Beside that, it is not extremely hard to see grenade icon and move yourself away a bit, it just require a little bit of situational awareness. Btw the biolab spawnroom sticky exploiters is a different problem. Do not nerf Sticky Grenades, just increase their nanite cost to 75 or 100.