Lower the price of 1000 cert max/infantry weapons to 750-800 certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorianOmega, May 21, 2015.

1. lothbrook

The MMO market on consoles just isn't there, and PS2 offers nothing that a game like BF doesn't already offer, and there was that Dust 541 or something game that sony also tried, PS2 is just on a larger scale, but for most players in this game the larger scale means nothing as they just wait for someone to drive a sundy to the next base and deploy there. Each base is just a map change and the inbetween area is the loading screen.

Game is going to tank hard on consoles, and thats just a fact.
  2. AxiomInsanity87

You couldn't be any more wrong.

I am IN the ps4 closed beta and people get it. They learn just like people do on the pc. We're talking about different platforms here, not a different race of humans. A lot more people have both platforms than you would think as well. The whole one or the other mentality is that of preference or the real peasants.

"but for most players in this game the larger scale means nothing as they just wait for someone to drive a sundy to the next base and deploy there" I disagree and i'm sorry you're having that experience. Maybe join a decent outfit and play as a team rather than with pubbies?.
  3. LazyAsian

Some weapons (such as the heavy assault specific weapons) should be kept at 1000 certs, but weapons 100 cert weapons that were changed should be changed back to 100 certs.
  4. skull4squadron

Love your sig :D
  5. BloodyG

Thanks! I put a lot of work into it!!! :D

Couldn't answer because i got banned for 5 days because of "people" reporting me for trolling :cool:.
    • Up x 1
  6. DorianOmega

Doubt this immensely, a F2P giant scale combined arms FPS on a Console will if anything revitalize the game and add some much needed funding.

How many other F2P games are even on consoles, that are even close to the same genre, and offer the level of quality PS2 has to offer?

PS4 will be a huge deal for Planetside when it comes out of beta.
    • Up x 2
  7. AmericanEmpire

a Happy medium? Are you ********ing me? 200 certs for the .50 cal? 800 certs for everything else? You people need ot get off the Krokodil, Bath Salts and stop cannibalizing your players.
    • Up x 2
  8. BloodyG

The problem is with large battles and they weren't tested yet .
    I guess the PS4 just won't handle it... but we will see on release how it goes.
    • Up x 1
  9. FABIIK

It takes quite a long time to Auraxium a weapon and 'be done' with it.
    Far more time than it takes to get 1000 certs.
    Prices are not too high, even for free players.
  10. Dgross

Plenty of good questions asked that RadarX never bothered to respond to.
    Maybe because you know that what you wrote was total bin fodder?

PS2 forums. Different owners, same crappy communication.
  11. lothbrook

I laughed at "quality", but anyways MAG and Dust 514 both bombed horribly on consoles, MAG actually killed the studio making it, lol. Theres plenty of quality shooters available on consoles and PS2 will be sent out to die like the rest of the mediocre games.
  12. DorianOmega

Reminder, this is an open world shooter where literally hundreds of people are playing at the same time. Considering the level of graphics the game has to offer down to the very sharp texture and high quality player models (vehicle models arent bad but could be better), terrain assets, the stat tracking, the decent hit detection considering the amount of players, the vehicles (should be more but still a very decent amount), the assets for base design (again, there should be more yet still decent), and Hossin. If you think whats offered is low quality, for a FREE game, then you sir are somewhat delusional or have unrealistic standards.

Regarding the PS4, hardware wise the CPU processing power of the game is fairly lacking which could be an issue, a google search will tell ya the PS4 has an 8 core amd cpu clocked at 1.6 ghz which is pretty wimpy, would need to get some feedback from ps4 beta players to speak out on that one though.
  13. AxiomInsanity87

Its the same but with a shtty ui. The graphics are all on high with some on ultra. Environment textures look like medium and the anti aliasing isn't as smooth.

We turn them all down on PC to reduce screen clutter and pointless lighting effects to gain the utmost advantage anyway, so the ps4 version is pretty refreshing. The fps hovers between 30-60 which is crap but having bushes and stuff and extra effects without worrying if its cluttering my screen too much is nice.

Its nice, no bs. No hackers, no macros, no INI file edits, nothing. I've started moving more towards console gaming and just using my PC for work. I only play Arma 3, eve online and RTS games on PC now if anything. PC is better but the experience is too much ***** about with macros, hackers, blah, blah, blah.

Getting too old for all that bs.

Ps2 is highly anticipated and the best thing since sliced bread on console it seems.
    • Up x 1
  14. skull4squadron

Thats what worries me.
    They didn't bother testing large battles and at least for me was crashing and getting glitched in the armor terminal. :(
    Extremely frustrating.
  15. Liewec123

EM1 650 certs, i hope you're all enjoying the "new happy experience!" XD
  16. Jawarisin

I do believe pounders are faster than falcons.
  17. Antillie

I think one of the biggest issues is the DBC can only be bought in $5 increments. But almost nothing costs 500 or 1000 DBC. So you end up spending $10 for a $7 gun and are then left with 300 DBC that you can't use because nothing is that cheap.

If DBC could be bought in increments of 100 this problem wouldn't exist.