[Suggestion] Add class limits to SMGs in addition to incoming LMG changes. (No smgs for HA)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorianOmega, May 29, 2015.

1. AlterEgo

I NEVER use the SMG on my HA, or even use them with any class for that matter. I do use them rarely, but otherwise, I'm okay with no HA SMGs. What I do have a problem with is that the LMG changes are not empire specific, and the only thing that the devs are doing is taking away good abilities and changing the LMGs in the same exact way.
  2. Hatesphere

Abilities such as? The only real "ability" that got the Axe was .75 ads, and that's just fine IMO.

As for smgs on heavies, I really don't see them being as large am issues as the high mobility LMGs are. With the fall off and other factors they are about on par with shorties. Mostly limiting you to cqc with a bit of range overlap.
  3. Tbone

Never read any threads about it in those years.
  4. FateJH

There was a semi-major stink in 2013 about how the previous forms of Nanoweave, combined with Resist Shield, allowed for an HA to consume an upwards of 2000 health. That's the reason Nanoweave no longer pads raw health rather than adding small arms resistance and that resist stacking was removed in this patch.

While solving for Nanoweave was the chosen solution, people were also focusing on the Shields.
  5. Taemien

If we're going to take away SMGs from HA, then NC needs a 1787.5 DPS LMG or the Orion/Carv and other VS/TR LMGs (that means all 143 dmg @750RPM are reduced to 700 RPM or 674) need to be nerfed to 1670 or 1605 DPS.

Right now the NC has NO LMG that can go toe to toe with the VS/TR HA's in close engagements unless we get the first shots in. So the SMGs have to be used outside a shotgun.

So which is it going to be? We get a 1787.5 dps LMG or you all take a nerf down to our level? Or you could just leave it as is.
  6. Tbone

I remember this but not the "HA shield OP" like now and nobody tells which shield and which faction.Does the VS 0.75 ad-ad+NMG is OP or all shield types all factions cause frankly i can kill NC HA and TR HA like before.50% i win 50% they win,and 80% vanu win.
  7. OldMaster80

With the exception of the PDW which has a slightly longer range, if they can have shotguns why shouldn't they have SMGs?
    Then if they manage to get close enough to kill with that well, they deserve to kill you.
    SMGs are not nearly as powerful as some LMGs.
  8. OldMaster80

Personally I think people blame the shield... but HA "problem" is mainly caused by a mix of factors: high versatility, high survivability and weapons that in some cases perform definitely too well (soon fixed).

But this issue is more in some peoples minds than a real problem. Planetside has other problems to solve, far more urgent that the shield mass hysteria.
    • Up x 2
  9. Mongychops

Between the Anchor and the Jackhammer, I think NC HAs will be perfectly well served at short range across all skill levels.

The Anchor is already competitive with the MSW-R and Orion, and it's getting a hip-fire buff. What it lacks in raw DPS, it makes up for in head-shot TTK, accuracy, recoil , damage per magazine, and attachments.
  10. RykerStruvian

I dunno, HA with a blitz and laser sight is the ****. I just hipfire the entire time and destroy faces that way. I like the Cyclone too, but I feel I'm too slow with it. I think the idea of removing SMGs from HAs is not a good idea at all. If everyone has a problem with HAs, remove HAs from the game since I'm tired of hearing people ******** about it.

If anything, people will complain how medics can heal/rez and engineers can repair/use deployables:rolleyes:
  11. Crayv

HA's are powerful in a straight up fight but that is their role. Infils have their cloak and a EMP grenade can at least put an infil on equal footing with a HA even if he hits himself (both reduced to 500 HP and can't use their abilities). LAs have their jetpacks which is one of the most powerful things in the game. The other classes are for support and are not really intended to be front line fighters.
  12. Taemien

If you don't get the first couple of shots in, you're dead. Accuracy doesn't mean anything when you're as big as a barn at such ranges. It still has a higher TTK than the VS/TR options. Ever wonder why the CARV S, Rhino, and TMG, as well as the Flare, Polaris, and Pulsar are under represented compared to the Orion, Carv, and SV88? They all have NC-like TTK's.

Sorry but headshot TTK isn't unique to the Anchor, they have 167 damage LMGs too. But they don't use them. I know you guys love the Anchor and all. And I'm sure its not too bad when used correctly. But we have to admit.. its second rate compared to the Carv and Orion at their effective range.

That is why we have the Cyclone and Blitz.
  13. customer548

" - OMG NEED NERF NAOW !!!!! Unbalanced game,can't play oO !!! "

Orion whine > Successful > Nerf confirmed.

" - Damn,Devs finally listened to us, but what will we do now ...??? "
    " - Now we need to whine about anything else ASAP. But what ?? We need ideas quick !!! "
    " - Omg, i know : "Nerf classes,Nerf other weapons,Nerf factions,Nerf the game..."
    " - OMG NEED NERF NAOW !!!!! Unbalanced game,can't play oO !!! "

Endless story, good luck to the Devs.
    • Up x 3
  14. asdfPanda

Hoo boy. This topic ._.

I would like to say that the Cyclone is invariably part of the problem here. The lethally high ttk is exacerbated by the Shield, no doubt, but no other SMG has such a combination of high damage-per-magazine, ttk, and accuracy. The 750rpm@143 damage tier is where HAs should cap out in ttk. Otherwise, the shield becomes TOO much.

I'm not sure how I feel about 0.75x ads. It does negate the tradeoff of activating the heavy shield, but...
  15. Mongychops

Oh really?

• Yes body-shot TTK is 0.04 seconds longer for a 750x143 LMG, but then with just one head shot the TTK is equal, and pulls ahead for the Anchor with more head-shots.
    • The Carv and Orion do not get SPA, which makes a significant difference for those players who don't go for significant amounts of headshots.
    • FYI, the SVA-88 is 698x143, same bodyshot TTK as 600x167. Thank you for disproving your own assertion that it is just about the DPS. Other stats are important.
    • It seems that for players who can aim, they do perfectly well with the Anchor. If you look at the monthly stats only for BR 100s (to strip out the cheap/default weapon effect) http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthlystats/ You can see tha the average BR 100 Anchor user has a higher KPU and KPH than average Carv, MSW-R and Orion users http://i.imgur.com/DOXy44i.png
    • If you can't headshot, and you really only care about hip-fire range TTK, then get the Jackhammer.
  16. Taemien

Sorry buddy but I don't like kill trading. Which is what you're going to do at best if you use any NC LMG against any TR/VS within 10-15m. And I'd like to have the option of hitting things at range so Jackhammer isn't an option there. I don't mind the Jackhammer, but its way too sketchy in most situations, great in others though.

Lets look at the real fact:

The fact this thread exists means the Cyclone or Blitz is the better option. And that's what I'm going to stick to using in said situation.
  17. The Enigma

it's nerf till nothing.
  18. _itg

I take it you're not aware the MSW-R and Orion are getting the same hipfire buff that the Anchor is getting? Otherwise, that would be a pretty dishonest argument.
  19. Mongychops

OK, so I have just shown that the NC options are at least equal to the VS and TR in actual real world performance as well as theory, but you don't care about that. If high DPS .75 DPS weapons have been deemed overpowered on heavy assaults by the devs, the Cyclone has to go, as that is the low TTK SMG with the longest effective range.

I am fully aware, but the Anchor is the weapon which; has access to an ALS, can safely use the ALS instead of FG due to its low horizontal recoil, and benefits most from being able to hipfire headshots when necessary due to its damage model. I was pointing out that the Anchor performance is more than adequate at CQC and my point was made.
  20. _itg

Again with the implying other weapons don't have things the Anchor has. The MSW-R also has ALS access, and the Orion's better native hipfire means it's laser sight hipfire is about the same as Anchor/MSW-R with ALS.