Planetside needs more realistic nights,NV,Heat sniper scopes x12

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Devilllike, May 26, 2015.

1. Devilllike

Please we need it in this game...just add better nights so we can actually use flashlights that will matter and also night vision...its a part of the game that is currently beyond useless and i would love to see it...plus i would love to see in the game night vision/normal (switchable scopes and Heat vision sniper scope x12 sniper scopes)
  2. OldMaster80

It seems some players dislike night when it's too bright. Feeling forced to use flashlights and being partially unable to see the enemy is for some completely unacceptable.
    • Up x 1
  3. Copasetic

I don't understand the point of dark nights if it just forces everyone to equip night vision sights. How does that make the game more fun?

I mean I guess it'd make it more fun for snipers who are sitting on a hill somewhere. They don't have to worry about turning themselves into a huge "shoot here" sign with a flashlight or running around completely blind until they ADS. They can sit there all day looking through a NV scope.

Plus with dark nights you're pretty much forced to play in a completely dark room just to see anything at all. Some of us actually like to keep the blinds open during the day.

But that's just my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

personally i HATE night already, its the reason i play on low and not ultra,
    it is impossible to see what is happening through all of the bright bloom and fog.

as to flashlights they only light up a small range in front of you,
    while letting every enemy in 100m know exactly where you are.
    • Up x 1
  5. gamespyer0350

Yea, no. Check milsim privileges
  6. Lemposs

Yeah!!! Totally awesome!!!

Oh wait, I have played that way in ArmA games, and when everyone has NV anyways, it means **** all. All it means is that the world is a boring green colour.
    • Up x 1
  7. Hammerlock

hell yes to darker nights ... covert operations mean something and the word "infiltration" get a complete new feeling
    • Up x 1
  8. Hammerlock

and sorry for double post
    • Up x 1
  9. nukularZ

The way night are right now - I'm not sure why they exist. They're more annoying than anything. Slightly harder to see but still bright enough that you can get away with using your regular scope. Infiltrator cloaks are just as easy to spot. The gameplay remains largely unchanged.
    • Up x 1
  10. toast2250

I don't even need to raise a finger to tell you that really dark nights are a bad idea, because,..

Smed has his night stats from H1Z1.
  11. Pelojian

If you want darker nights you don't need DBG to do anything at all. you can adjust your monitor settings on the software or physical interface if you monitor has the ability.

Darker nights for all will benefit VS the most followed by TR/NC that have black camos.
  12. Luminus

Complaining about not seeing enemies at night is silly.
    That should be what has to be abused and endured at night.

I miss nights being so dark that I could just crawl past people at a tech plant and not get shot and where my NV optics actually let me track targets that weren't equipped to look back at me.
    • Up x 1
  13. JobiWan

They'd have to fix the 'dark for one person but day for another' thing first.

I was playing last week with a friend and he was complaining how it was so dark he couldn't see anything, yet to me it was daylight with the sun full and high in the sky.
    • Up x 1
  14. Crayv

There are a few things players do not like in nearly any game. One of those is any environment that messes with their vision.

With the way darklights work in this game you would be immediately TK'd for turning it on at night because the only thing you are doing with it is telling the enemy where you and your allies are. If you had things like night vision, who wants play a game for an extended time through a green filter?

It is a really cool concept and all but very few games can actually do it, and this isn't really one of them. People complained about Hossin's fog, so very vision restricting night is right out.
  15. Tycoh

You want darker nights? First get us better flashlights that have higher luminosity ranges, better NV equipment, and flood lights for our vehicles turrets so we can actually see **** without having to pull another vehicle with IRNV.
  16. cbplayer

It that huge *** moon in the distant, why do you think night is so bright?
  17. Devilllike

The thing is that this wouldnt be fair the point is to have something equal for everybody...right now these nights? are not even nights at all i dont even need to get a flash or something it just is plain useless as if it was day
  18. Devilllike

But right now we have rendered night vision completly useless...because some players complained...that is not okay its a freaking planet and players should stop playing solo game and start playing like a team because if you do have a night time an ACTUAL night time that gives abilities to strike to bases with much bigger deference
  19. Devilllike

planetside is a war game on an alien planet its not a survival game like H1Z1 a i said before dark nights is something this game needs because for crying out loud a night that is not a night in the game is just plain useless i can see just as perfect and that just removes so much potential for attack and defence
  20. Devilllike

Its not a green color dude you dont play for that you play for the world of planetside and it needs it because it gives a whole new feeling in the gameplay doesnt it?

it would be much better to have these changes to actually make people to think diferently and have diferent strategies