[VIDEO] 5 QUICK TIPS ON SNIPING FOR BEGINNERS!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by agentpuhpul, May 24, 2015.

1. agentpuhpul

hey guys!

let me know what you think, and if you liked it please hit that Like button ^^

• Up x 3
  2. MarkAntony

all good tips.
    the most important one to me was the last one. always cloak and move a couple of meters. that is the most important rule about sniping in this game.
    If all snipers followed these 5 rules I'd have a harder time counter sniping them. luckily they won't :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Quinnocent

From the perspective of delivering concise tips to new snipers, it all made sense. Good work.
    • Up x 1
  4. KnightCole

ITs like no one misses with snipers anymore....
  5. MarkAntony

we've had 2.5 years of practice. had to learn to hit moving targets at some point.
  6. _itg

Easy to make it look that way when you edit out all the shots that don't hit.
  7. KnightCole

Lol, im not talking about that video.....
  8. agentpuhpul

yup, i missed a good number, but given that I wanted to make this video 60 seconds long to cater to those with short attention spans, I had to pick the shots that DID connect.

Obviously the better of a sniper you are, the more often you'll land your shots. Not sure if I know a sniper who can land 100% of their shots.

Also hitting moving targets is tricky, people move erratically... and also the farther away they are, the harder they are to hit. That's why in the video I mention to start with targets that are still (easier than it sounds to find in ps2)

If you'd like more uncut sniper gameplay, I've linked a review I did
  9. _itg

Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to call you out, or anything. The editing was absolutely appropriate for a video like that. It was more a comment about gameplay videos in general.
  10. agentpuhpul

Oh thanks :p But I get what you mean, lots of gameplay and montages collect the best moments and I guess they are supposed to, if they are going to be "montages" but sometimes I wonder if it can be misleading for newer players on how epic every gaming session can be.
  11. MisterSlim

Earned a like from me, good sir. Although I can't approve of you sniping a fellow Goat (poor Quiles).

Kinda makes my sniper's guide a bit moot, since you summed it up in a few moments :p.

In regards to the accuracy discussion, I'm not sure what a 'good' accuracy is. I think it's almost entirely based upon playstyle and perspective. My NC sniping accuracy tends to stay around 40%, yet I maintain a stable 60+ KPH. I tend to be a forward thinking sniper that prefers helping teammates, rather than one that hangs back 300m and picks off stragglers. In the case of the latter, I'd expect a lower KPH, but a higher accuracy percentage.

-Stay Frosty
  12. Campagne

Excellent video! Very professional. I couldn't think of anything better accept maybe to practice at different distances and heights to understand bullet drop under the varying different conditions a sniper may face.

Though I'd like to accentuate your point about pistols, if I may, for any newer players that may see this.

I think good sniper is good with a rifle, and great sniper is good with a pistol. The reason I say as I'm sure probably every here already knows, is that as mentioned in the video, people will come after you. And of course, the more people you kill, the more people will want revenge.

Regardless of what class you play as the most, never be afraid to shell out on an expensive pistol and/or attachments. But for snipers especially, I couldn't stress how important it is to be familiar with your pistol. Always choose a pistol that you can stand up with in straight up firefight. Unless you're practically a perfect shot, never take pistols like the NS-44LBlackhand or the Hunter QCX if they are not going to act as your primary weapon. Finally, don't be afraid or hesitant when using pistols. Almost every pistol can kill quickly, with the only real exceptions being the NS Patriot Flare Gun, and NS Deep Freeze which are mostly vanity weapons no longer purchasable, and the NC08 Mag-Scatter, which is an NC-specific joke weapon.
    • Up x 2
  13. Hellzerk

I actually started sniping yesterday and followed similar advice. I did 27 kills, I never did so much killing in my entire life. As you said, some people really get pissed off and will go over their way to hunt you down. Unfortunately for them, before they even get close already noticed their presence and head shot them hehe...

Anyway, I also noticed many but many terrible snipers. A few snipers over a cliff with their whole body appearing, uncloaked and shooting repeatedly. Basically, telling the whole server, "Hey, I am here! Please shoot me."

Hopefully, they watch this video and learn a thing or two.
    • Up x 1
  14. Angrylad

Good vid, nicely covers the basics. What i would add is the importance of medkits. Even if you get the jump on the enemy that coming for you, they can leave you half dead when you finish them off, and you won't survive the next one.

Also here is some advice for low BRs from a friendly TR I killed today:
    [IMG]

I only noticed that when people use the default semi-auto rifles. Those weapons basically force you to be bad: you need to land multiple shots to drop a target, giving the enemy enough time to move to cover, and enemy snipers to kill you.
    • Up x 1
  15. Navron

Psh. The only real way to snipe is with the Lumifiber on.
    • Up x 1
  16. MisterSlim

Psh. The only real way to snipe is with auraxium sparkly plating, snow camo in the desert, and with a sparkly directive rifle. Blind them with your bling!!

-Stay Frosty
  17. Navron

Minus the camo, I actually wear my Auraxium plating while sniping with the Moonshot. Just cause I can.
  18. MisterSlim

Tactical player: "I do it for the factor of intimidation! The enemy will be rendered psychologically handicapped out of sheer awe!"

Me: "Heh.. I'm sparkly.."

-Stay Frosty
  19. Shinodan

Nice tips.

Keep up the good work.

- See you on the field