Bye bye redeployside...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldMaster80, May 21, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

It can also slow a zerg down aswell.

The SDI's can work both ways like base capping. You could pull a SDI sunderer from a base the enemy just left and completely cut them off.

Also...... The AMS cloak module might create some great counter plays.
  2. Imp C Bravo

Seems to me redeploy mechanic just needs to be tweaked. I am not sure I like how this module looks but I don't understand it completely. I mean, would it allow defenders that flew or traveled in to the affected hex to be 'part of the native defenders' and respawn normally?
  3. Scr1nRusher

Yes.

Exactly like how cut off bases now function.
    • Up x 1
  4. CJLogan

Having not been experienced enough, I decided to mostly stay out of the "redeployside" discussion, although I've never had a problem with them to begin with - I just play the game and whatever it throws at me. Now however -

1. Many of these requests stem from good intentions - the kind that road to hell is paved with. It has been my experience that many of them resemble the childish arguments in the vein of "but we flipped the point with overwhelming numbers, WE DESERVE THIS CAP". Pitiful really.

2. I can't believe some players claiming their radical solutions will actually bring tactics to the table. Whether you like it or not, redeploying remains the ONLY actual TACTICAL solution to fighting overpopulated factions. It DOES suck when an overpopulated faction uses it, but EVERYONE uses it yet complain when others use it. Shutting it down would be CATASTROPHIC. Might as well follow the rest of the "balance-the-game-out" advice by giving us identical weapons, make it into a corridor shooter and get it over with.

3. It just so often seems that outfits are trying all in their power to make this THEIR game and, I'm sorry to say this, but it's not. Outfits are a significant part of the game (heck I'm a part of one), but it's not there for their exclusive enjoyment. I like lonewolfing at times and desperately want the game to retain the charm it had when I started. Of course, nothing can stay fresh and new forever but whining about the game not evolving/being tailored to your personal views and preferences is just that - whining.

TL&DR:
    - Implement this and you're entering a world of pain Smokey.
    - But Walter...
    - A WORLD...OF PAIN!
  5. Goretzu

Maybe, we'll have to see how it works out, I think it will basically stop most defending except by Gal drop Zergfits and everyone else will take the path of least resistance and just ghost-Zerg down different lanes.

This will be especially apparent with underpopulated factions, because pulling back doesn't help you be a numerically superior force, it just gets you defeated again back there - this was essentially the main issue with removing spawn rooms - underpopped sides being punished on-top of already being outnumbered and losing.

Ah never mind - only works at capturable bases.

The problem is Zergs work like water flows, they follow the path of least resistance and do the easiest thing.

The only time when a Zerg doesn't really do this is when it is basically made up of a Zergfit...... and if a Zerg contains a Zergfit your only hope for defeating it head on is to have a bigger Zergfit on your side.

Which is to say tactical play will only help or be done if it can actually defeat a Zergfit or a Zerg, if it can't then it just won't be done as it will endlessly just result in failure and people will understandably just give up.
  6. IPLAYTF2

if that actually makes it ingame i will never be coming back to this terrible game lmao

all those zerging baddies with 80% pop will never even have to fight anyone
    • Up x 2
  7. Kronias

I have to agree with Malorn's perspective here. In it's current state this is a flat out horrible idea. I doubt I would have any reason to come back to the game once this went live.
    • Up x 1
  8. Tamon

So what we'll have is a situation at MANY bases where the attackers will be able to plant an AMS spawn point directly on the point, plant an SDI in the region and the defenders will have to travel to the region and then assault their own point...which is being defended by the attackers. Really?? This is the "solution" to redeployside?

How about just making each redeployment cost resources? 50-100 resources for each redeploy? That way redeploying from a nearby region wouldn't be a big deal but doing so from across the map would be costly. That would mimic the real-life logistical challenges of troop movement.

You could still have zergs in the game...they just wouldn't be mindless zergs. Just mindless zergs with 0 resources.
  9. Scr1nRusher

you don't even understand how it works.
  10. Liberty

Hah! All I could think was "enjoy capturing your uncontested bases" because that is what will likely happen much more often.

There are more than a few outfits (on Emerald at least and I'm sure elsewhere) who actively avoid fights opting for the "Strategy" of go where the enemy isn't. Which is fine honestly, but I'd wager a majority of people in their casual play time are just looking to find a fight where they can shoot some dudes.

What the device should do is act as a spawn suppression where it tic's the hex pop of allies and only lets enemy defenders spawn in until they reach equal population. While it is neither practical (why let defenders show up in the first place) or intelligent from a military perspective it will make things more fun as the biggest problem I've seen with redeploy side is the fact that you can move twice 2 to 10 times the attackers population into a hex with a simple redeploy.
  11. Scr1nRusher

Did you even read how it works?
  12. HadesR

• Up x 1
  13. toast2250

The problem is that your thinking in entirely other same old box.

Fights should be happening between basses in distanced parallel line and not spawning into them, cramming the people together.

At the beginning you see him running outside which is fine and it should be like this all the time. Now watch what starts to happen at 2:43, he continuously starts doing the same thing, every one and even their mum goes to one point in such a small (the) smallest building ever seen in a game that sports the biggest map/players in history at one given time.

See the flaw, the capture points and spawn rooms investment/design are one of the baddest and most ineffective game designs, especially when your sporting such a huge map. With this you are concentrating the players in a one spot when the engine cant even manage, it should instead spread them more (not across continent) but between basses in a distanced parallel line, how convenient when you have such a huge map.

Yes, and with the help of lattice (a.i. lattice) you could redirect the flow how ever you would see fit. People were also mentioning neutral (gray) lattice areas.

This game features so much potential to be explored yet the community and the development is/were/are? so stiff and short/wrong sighted, also afraid of their previous mistakes, it doesn't benefit the game.

Instead of having a capture point, there should be a destructible communication tower with lots of HP that should be destroyed/repaired in order to capture the base.
  14. Crator

Oh, very nice! Good to hear cloak bubble still in works too!
  15. Ronin Oni

soooo... your complaint is they're working free overtime? o_O
    • Up x 1
  16. OldMaster80

This is the biggest potential of the new Sunderer attachment I think. Main redeploy issue is it can be exploited by big outfits to gather a lot of people in the spawn room until the territory is overpopped: then they swarm out of the spawn tubes and usually steamroll everyone.
    Redeploy allows this without having to consume nanites, without the need to spawn vehicles, without any need for particular skill or coordination, and bypassing every defensive perimeters attackers could have set to prevent resecure (landmines, hacked turrets and so on).

Redeploy completely kills the sandbox approach to battle, and the fact is many players just consider it an improved version of Instanat Action: it does the same but without cooldown and without the drop pod.

This has to stop asap. Imho this Interdiction module should go on top of the priority list.
    • Up x 1
  17. TyranEndlos

No, not that they are putting the work in. My complaint is that they don't consider it something that is important enough to actually schedule paid work for. I appreciate the fact that some of these guys are working off the clock because they know what the players want. It's horrible that they have to do that because the decision makers above them think they know what's best for the players. And with how the game has been loosing players so badly their judgement on what they think is best for us the players is called into question.
  18. Hatesphere

i really dont think thi will fix redeployside, its just going to shift it one base away untill a sunder shows up. really it wont do much to stop it.
  19. OldMaster80

Yep, but that's the point. The difference is huge: if defenders are forced to start the resecure from the closest base they have to spawn sunderers, place beacons, and take vehicles. This means you can stop them, somehow: you can deploy landmines, hack turrets, hack terminals, intercept them with ESF. Some bases are very defensible, like Biolabs or Howling Checkpass. This would give attackers a big advantage against redeploying defenders.
    Defenders could simply spawn a Valkyrie with 4 C4 Fairies, max Stealth and try to track down the SDI Sunderer.

If defenders gather right in the spawn room you're already screwed: at a certain point they will outnumber you and they'll come out, and in this case there is nothing attackers can do (besides redeploying themeselves). This is draining all the unpredictability out of our battles.

This mechanism makes alerts almost ridicolous. Certain TR outfits on Miller use this all the time, this results in players forced by Platoon Leaders to redeploy every 3-4 minutes for the simple reason this is the easiest way to win. Guess why on Miller Vanu have the smallest population but they have some of the biggest outfits, and they win most of the alerts.
  20. Crator

It will be interesting to see how the mechanic panes out! I'm excited for it!