Bye bye redeployside...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldMaster80, May 21, 2015.

1. OldMaster80

2. HadesR

Sadly it only attempts to fix the Defendersdeployside ...

While ignoring spawning on vehicles / lead / beacon abuse ..

I wish they would also reduce the range of the above to having to be in the same Hex ..

Then I would say Yay!

They should give the Defenders an Inhibitor too ;) to stop everything but Sundy deployment by the attacker :p
    • Up x 7
  3. TyranEndlos

It would help at the very least. But the thing that irks me is that they work on stuff like this in their "off hours". I mean really? Put some on time hours into this too. Most players don't want redeployside and they must know this. Right? They aren't that blindly unaware of what their player base wants right?
  4. Alan Kalane

5. HadesR

IMO it will only help versus the last minute redeploy hopping to save a base at the last gasp ..

Organised outfits will still be able to mass deploy into a Contested Hex .. Just not directly into the spawn room .

Since this is coming after the cloak bubble .. The Defenders could just use cloak Sundies that in a lot of cases will be within range of the closest " Reinforcement Needed " base ..
    So redeploy to the next base back > Mass redeployside into the cloaked Sundies ..

So yeah might slow redeployside down, but not going stop it ..
  6. NCPredatorus

The big problem with redeployside is essentially defenders.

End of SpawnWarriors or SpawnCamp ?
    • Up x 1
  7. Kristan

Silly devs, that's not how you fix Redeployside. :confused:
    • Up x 3
  8. HadesR

Nope

Since if you are already within the Hex you can still respawn in it regardless of this system ..

So if you have a 96+ Attacking zerg versus 30 defenders .. Those 30 are still going to respawn everytime in the spawn room , so that's 30 people who can still Spawnroom Warrior ..
  9. NCPredatorus

10. qiray12

Make it decline both defenders and attackers decline the redeploy option.

Make this so you choose between AMS or SDi.
    Its a nice feature but i bet this is gonna be a big problem if it comes out.
    • Up x 2
  11. Goretzu

I think it will, if bases basically become undefendable for the general player the only course left is to Zerg up and just attack - and I agree this is what I think will happen.

So there'll be no unorganised/casual base defenses at all (because the first thing anyone attacking an empty base will do is park one of these Sundys) which kills off a large part of the game along with redeployside, leaving just Zerging. :(

I think they'll lose a lot of the general mass of casual players with this change tbh.
    • Up x 3
  12. Goretzu

This is a great idea, give it a negative and make it stop ALL respawning attackers and defenders.
  13. HadesR

Will copy what I posted in the other thread:

Go two ways IMO

1) It promotes nothing but zerg versus zerg as people are reluctant to leave one lattice lane incase they can't get back and thus having a snowball effect on the population down said lane.

2) Zergs just avoid each other as the defenders can't react quick enough to counter the zerg so don't bother , and the game becomes Zergs passing in the nightside .

I think for the most part it could be the death of small fights , unless the attackers purposely don't deploy an SDI ...

You know what else it will promote ?

Faction swap Sundy Tking

Want to make it so your outfit can redeployside to an SDI'd base ? Swap factions and blow the Sundy :)
    • Up x 3
  14. NCPredatorus

Disagree.

I think this system could encourage the return of small squads with good sunderer placement.

A blow to the lone wolves? Probably.
  15. Kristan

FYI redeployside is exploited by large zerg outfits.
  16. NCPredatorus

Redeployside = why piss taking a vehicle. ;)
  17. Goretzu

That is a very good point.

qiray12's idea would sort of help with that too I guess.

I'm not exactly against this idea, but it definately needs to be completely and thoroughly thought through, otherwise it could be disasterous.

Certainly as it stands there would seem to be no downside at all to always parking an anti-respawn sundy at every single base.
    • Up x 1
  18. prodo123

This only impacts redeployside for attackers. When you're defending, your team can still mass spawn into the spawn room instead of the Sunderer. SDI would make attacking damn near impossible unless something similar hit the defensive redeployside.
  19. HadesR

I'd rather they fix the system that is supposedly already in place .. The 50% pop cut off cap needs to include all types of spawning from outside a Hex .
    It also needs to relocate people to the next available base if the cap is reached mid-jump.

Fights could still evolve and grow naturally , but you remove the problem of dealing with a zerg by redeploying a bigger zerg ( Which is the only problem with redeployside )

The SDI stops defenders from spawning into the spawn room from outside the Hex .. It's doesn't impact attackers ..
  20. KirthGersen

I promise you that I will focus on ruining this sundies before than other :rolleyes:
    Bushunting4ever.