[Suggestion] A possible change to heavies

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xMaxdamage

You are trying to balance a class specialized in 1 vs 1 medium/close quarter combat implying it should perform same as other classes in medium/close quarter combat setting. It's like saying we have to balance shotguns to be able to be on par with sniper rifles at long range combat.

If a LA fights an HA face to face he Should be in disavantage, if you don't agree on this basic rule of class-based games I think you shouldn't really play them and waste time trying to change their roots :(
    • Up x 1
  2. Ballto21

In a head on 1v1 the durable class should have a significant advantage over an la yes, but its current advantage is too strong. Maybe what i suggested isnt the best be all end all i am jesus one, but no class, even heavies, should survive 7 headshots. i feel it fair that surviving 5-6 is still a huge advantage and will cause it to boil down more to individual abilty on top of that advantage.

Also you brought up shooting from rooftops, which walljumping allows as any class.
  3. Jawarisin

Two rockets.
  4. Jawarisin

That guy you're replying to is a bad player. Not only that, but I keep seeing him complain about his own idiocy. I'd say not to waste your time arguing with him because it will lead nowhere. I tried. That said, do what you want.
  5. PostalDude

You heard it here folks, the class meant for head on egagements shouldnt be good at head on engagements.

You used trigger seriously, opinion discarded and go Back to the Tumblr.
    • Up x 1
  6. Quikloc007

(Suggestion) learn how to play better. You can shut up & piss off yourself. What are you 12 years old?
  7. Ballto21

[IMG]
  8. Ballto21

Im 9 3/4
  9. Jubikus

Heres my suggestion much like the way they delt with assassin infiltrators by giving people a nice darklight you can use to find the bastards making their ability they trade 100 shield for and in the case of stalkers 100 shield and your primary weapon kind of pointless within 30m or so. Give everyone the options nano piercing rounds to go there aswell that you know makes your bullets bypass heavy shield all together or a make it do significantly less absorbsion of the damage and sure people will see this as op but your giving up soft point ammo/extended mags ect to do it so it would make your weapon less effective against medics light assults ect.
  10. Quikloc007

Yo
    You are definitely prepubescent. I think suggestions about PC games should come from people who can grow hair.
  11. Ballto21

No

We dont need more hard counters to things in this game, we need soft counters or very minor changes to some things, but nothing that makes anything inert.
  12. Ballto21

13. Jubikus

he didnt suggest they be on the same ground thats why he suggested the shield do less not get rid of it all together lets put it this way 500 shield instead of 700 would mean you have basically 1 extra bar since you already have 500 regular shield and 500 health so you would still have plenty of extra survivability over any one person you come against other than infils which you will have a bit more
    • Up x 1
  14. FateJH

Only with the Decimator.
    The Ground Lock-on is calculated using both categories as I do not know if changing the Fire Mode also changes the Damage Type.
    I'm purposefully neglecting the MAX AV weapons since they all do fairly low damage and use the Medium Anti-Armor Ordnance category, except for Vortices which have positive resistance values until charge level 3 and then neither damage loss nor bonus damage.
  15. xMaxdamage

Lol the cross thread butt-hurting
    • Up x 1
  16. CipherNine

HA wins in 1v1 but losses in 1v2. That is balance right there.

You can still kill HA even in 1v1 if you use your classes strengths.

For example carbines have pretty accurate hipfire which allows you to ADAD without aiming down the sight.
    Light assaults can use jetpacks to get in close with shotguns.
    Infiltrator in deep cloak mode has enough time to carefully aim for headshots and kill the heavy assault before he has time to activate the overshield.

Heavy assault has been like this since beta. I don't understand why people all the sudden think it is OP.
    • Up x 1
  17. Eyeklops

As I've said before in other threads on this topic:

The HA overshield is NOT to help the Heavy outperform the Medic or Engineer, but to balance against the superior flanking ability of the OTHER ASSAULT CLASS..LIGHT ASSAULT. The Heavy is supposed roflstomp a support class head on.

If you're "X" and lose to a Heavy "head-on" solution list:
    1. Engineer:
      1. Get off the front line and play support because: You're a support class...derp derp.
      2. Use turrets. At medium range both AV and AI turrets destroy Heavies (OSK with AV OMG nerf right? :rolleyes:)
    2. Medic:
      1. Get off the front line and play support because: You're a support class...durka durka.
      2. Engage at "medium range" or greater as most of the Assault Rifles are vastly superior to LMG's in regards to accuracy.
    3. Infiltrator:
      1. Get off the front line and play support because: You're a support class....wiki wiki.
      2. Git gud because being a close range Infitrator is not for scrubs and requires skill.
    4. MAX:
      1. AHAHAHAHAHAHA.....Just....Uninstall...AHAHAHAHAH
    • Up x 1
  18. Jawarisin

Ever been in a lib on fire?

You become a rock. Ground vehicle are only slower, libs loose all vertical thrust, so you end up crashing to the ground. Even if you manage to land, you can't lift back until you repair. Which ill be the 3rd rocket/any slight damage taken prior/after
  19. Jawarisin

You lost the argument scrub.

But no, I know him so I'd ideally save him time. But he'll do what he'll do.
  20. CipherNine

Besides, medic and engineer are support classes. If you are primarily interested in 1v1 rather than reviving or repairing MAXes then go play heavy assault.

Flankers such as light assaults and infiltrators are also weaker in 1v1 against heavies but they can at least choose the terms of the engagement thanks to their mobility or stealth. I've killed plenty of HAs with scout rifle before they had time to activate their overshield thanks to combination of deep cloak, lag and clientside processing.

Light assault can use jetpack to close distance and kill heavy assault with default shotgun w slugs. It is very effective against heavies especially because overshield reduced their ADAD speed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.