[Vehicle] Anchor mode balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ne3zy, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Ronin Oni

I could see maybe a non-stacking small resist bonus to flak and bullets...

but seriously, it's still the only useable ES MAX ability, and while the MBT ability is a lil more situational than the other 2 MBT's, it's still terrifying when used properly.
  2. TheMish

And that's assuming I land every single shot on the Magrider? And that the Vanguard doesn't use it's shield? Pff.

Tried locking down and going at 'em, they can still win. Magrider is the only one that get beat hard, unless they're far away.
  3. Crayv

One of the things about Lockdown is it is extremely cert intensive. The first few ranks do nothing for you and are entirely a waste. You receive the full downside (can't move) but barely receive any upside. The max rank combined with the max rank of reload speed is where it truly shines, but that is EXTREMELY costly cert wise. While with Van shield and Magburn you receive most of the benefit at the first rank.
    • Up x 1
  4. xMaxdamage

actually I see tons of blue shields on the battlefield, especially during max-rushes, and they are very effective. lockdowns don't seem as much as popular, and most of the times when I see an anchored max it doesn't last long, unless he's guarding an upstairs choke point while healed by 2-3 engineers.
    ZoE btw is even less popular, you can play days without fighting one lol.
  5. Jawarisin

Silence! I kill you!

Hehe, just had to add my own little reference. It has nothing to do with discussion.

Anchor OP
  6. MuggieWara

Do people that seriously complain about our awesome Prowlers anchoring abilities,exist?!

Makes you wonder how exactly they re trying to utilise it
  7. Lucidius134

they got nerfed by about half. They're now 48, comets are 44 and falcons are 24. used to be 72/??/45
  8. Lucidius134

Ya, the only times i've found it useful is when there are choke points (not very useful b/c dumbfire rocket primary nukes you) and when you are defending a capture point silently and it has less routes of entry (upstairs 2 floor CP).

The ROF boost helps killl people before they can run back behind cover so if you catch a few off guard and reposition it's alright. Rocket primary will **** you up either way.
  9. Vargs

All of the faction specific MAX skills are trash. Little reason not to just use charge. I see the NC shield a lot, probably because it's fun/cool and the best of the 3 faction abilities, but it's still bad.

The prowler anchor is really situational. I don't think it's that great overall. But on the other hand, I also don't feel that the prowler is a weak tank by any means. If they had something as universally fantastic as the vanguard shield they would be quite overpowered.
    • Up x 1
  10. prodo123

You clearly haven't used it correctly. It's saved my butt way too many times.
    Try using it with Ravens in an open field. It can take 2 AP Prowler shots.

Dual Pounder MAX lockdown camping stairs is scary :eek:
  11. MahouFairy

I know. You can't stop LAs from bailing from ESFs though.
  12. MahouFairy

Since when did I even complain?
  13. axiom537

I didn't say you were complaining, but you did make a comment and imply that the Prowler is more susceptible to C4 then the other tanks. I merely wanted to point out that even with the immobility of the prowler, it still isn't getting C4'd as much as the Vanguard.
  14. Jake the Dog

Titan 150AP top speed: 67kph
    Supernova FPC top speed 67 kph
    Anchored prowler top speed 0kph

I run across anchored tanks all the time now in a mag if they deploy anywhere from medium to close range they're dead. If they deploy at long range I dodge the shots, and have the saron plink him until he thinks its good to undeploy or be killed.

Anchor is the only thing that makes the prowler a good long ranged tank. Not recommended for close range when other MBTs are nearby and imho prowlers are the easiest to kill. Vanguards can tank a few extra shots, magriders can dodge a few, prowlers dont have either and rely on dps.
  15. Jake the Dog

And the magrider can dodge those shots pretty damn easy and the vanguard can tank a few of those shots pretty easily. Whats your point. I havent had a problem with a deployed prowler since I left my TR character and Ive killed quite a few of them. They're really not that great. Don't get me wrong its a fun ability that is extremely useful when used properly... but so is vanguard shield and magburn.

Im willing to bet most people posting here are:
    1. Infantry.
    2. Suck at tanking.
    3. Play only one faction.
  16. Jake the Dog

Jawa go play with coyotes or something lol. Anchor is far from OP.
  17. Jake the Dog

Ive been playing since beta and only just recently got into the VS. I still have little to no clue as to what ZOE actually does... Something about more damage at close range I think...
  18. LodeTria

Only somewhat usable with bursters since it buffs flak damage but not by a whole lot.
  19. Hotbread

Anchor mode on a prowler is fine, it gives you tons of range.
    But Anchor mode on max units sucks, it locks you down and prevents you from moving when the 2 biggest threats to maxes are C4 and Rockets.
    The only way to counter C4 and rockets is to move, so lockdown removes your only counter, and you can't just park far away like a prowler.
  20. Ianneman

Bahahahahhaa absolutely WHAT. Lockdown is without a doubt the best offensive ability in the whole ******* tanking game.

All you gotta do is flank, lock down, and you can just rip through any goddamn line. If a Vanguard is charging at you, just lock down, they will pop their "OMG INSTAWIN" shield and you can take it down in 2 magazines, and finish the Vanguard in no-time. Want to take out a deployed Sunderer? Just lock down a short way away from it and you can rescue the base at the cost of your Prowler. Ambushed by 2-3 Lightnings? Lock down and you'll most likely survive. Seriously, lockdown has MORE uses at close range and used offensively, than at long range and used defensively.

Honestly.

But please, keep whining that lockdown is useless, if there's enough voices that cry it out maybe the devs will actually do it and it'll be even MORE fun.