The WORST gun in the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mianera, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Bearded Wall

How about the striker?

Its a great weapon for showing tanks/vehicles where you are while they ignore your damage and blow you away.
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

its a great weapons for 2 clipping ESFs and valks without even bothering to ADS :)
    sure its not the ridiculously OP mess it was before, but its still pretty dam good as an AA launcher.

certainly not the worst weapon in game!
    it could be worse, it could be flash basilisk.
  3. Devrailis

The EM1 is the NC's "Tickle Me Elmo" gun. It is also hilariously fun.

With Extended mags, and a fully upgraded ammo suit slot, you're running around with 800 rounds of non-stop, full-auto, full-****** hilarity.

Aim (vaguely) in the direction of a doorway, and hold (HOLD) down that LMB and watch the (occasional) kills come stampeding in!

Make sure to cackle like a mad-man over voice comms for the full experience.
    • Up x 2
  4. Lord_Avatar

What? That's one of the best LMGs in the game right there.
  5. Mythologicus

It's actually rather difficult to find a properly bad gun if you make sure to explore all the different playstyles and attachments available for each weapon.

Having said that, I found two of them in the LMG department.

Ursa: There is absolutely no area where this weapon performs better than the Flare. Its damage is disappointing, its accuracy is nothing special, it has no interesting attachments to speak of. I tried to Aurax it - while I did succeed, the key word is 'tried'. I had to have several breaks and use the Orion instead to remind myself that good weapons are a thing and it's entirely possible for gameplay experience to not be this awful.

NS-15M: So it's utterly amazing at picking off targets at a distance. Okay! But that's all it's good at. Even if you can consistently nail headshots at close range (and you will, because it has a built-in aimbot) it still has the DPS of a wet blanket and you will still get knocked out by most other weapons. Suppressor is an option to go SUPERMLG420SNEAKYTIME, but then you're basically sacrificing the only thing the weapon is good at for...not much, since as an NS weapon it already has anonymity going for it.

I'll probably find more to hate as I begin my LA and Medic adventures.
  6. Linedan

Magscatter. It's just bad. It has all the drawbacks of a shotgun but not the high-damage advantages.

Otherwise, battle rifles, especially before the multiple rounds of buffs they've gotten. Battle rifles at release were truly awful. They've gotten a bit better since then but still, they're not very good. (Oddly, though, I get killed by the Eidolon a fair bit. Is the VS battle rifle better?)

The EM1 is a love-it-or-hate-it gun. It's not as bad as everybody makes it out to be but it's so unlike everything else in the NC LMG arsenal. When you're used to a whole rack of 167-damage or 200-damage guns, a 143-damage EM1 seems awfully weak. Basically, it's a TR gun painted blue and yellow.
  7. IberianHusky

Worst Pistol: Inquisitor
    Worst LMG: Rhino/EM1/Polaris
    Worst Carbine: The burst variants?
    Worst AR: Corvus
    Worst Sniper: Phaseshift
    Worst Launcher: Striker
    Worst Vehicle Weapon: Spur/Basilisk-F
    Worst MAX weapon: Heavy Cycler?
  8. IberianHusky

The Beamer is one of the most massively underrated weapons in the game. It really is a reliable sidearm. It's always perplexed me how people consider the Emperor to be a great weapon and the Beamer to be trash even though the only difference between them is that the Emperor has 3 extra shots in the mag.
  9. DrPapaPenguin

I've just bought the Bull, and my god, that's what MSW-R should have been.
    • Up x 2
  10. T0x1s

Fracture
  11. pnkdth

Probably the most underrated LMG in the game, which, to be fair, is likely to be due its cert cost compared to the Rhino. Most people will just look at damage profile and rate of fire, conclude they're the same, and get the Rhino. Those that get the Bull though, know better. Amazingly adaptable weapon. I always run comp/grip/SPA and 1xReflex on it, and the only place I do not feel comfortable engaging in is at extreme ranges(like 150+ meters).
  12. Nody

Honestly I'd have to say the current PPA (Magrider & Harrasser people; not ESF version). Honestly you'd be better of using the default gun/Halberd/Saron instead for suppressing and you'd get far more kills. While the PPA has an idea (AI suppression) it simply does not work due to how poor the reticle is or if you try to maintain accuracy you lose far too much in damage due to low ROF combined with the damage and bullet speed combination. The idea is get close and hose something only works if the hosing actually kills people; with the current version it is get close and run over them instead because that way you'll at least kill people...
  13. DrPapaPenguin

i'll be getting HVA for it at some point.
  14. cruczi

Waste of certs on any weapon that isn't a carbine
  15. DrPapaPenguin

Higher velocity is always welcome by me.
  16. Lord_Avatar

Whatever floats your boat, but the Bull has outstanding velocity by default - no need to **** your aim by adding more recoil.
  17. Goldmonk

TRAP-M1 and 99SV. Dear god, help the souls of whomever try to Aurax those weapons (soon to be myself :()
  18. MasterTater

Well - its is the Vanu standard Pistol.
  19. pnkdth

Avoid it on the Bull since you only move it up from 670m/s to 672m/s. Unless you really want that 10 meter extra minimum damage, just remove the SPA, and run with standard ammo.
  20. Ghosty11