Wait...Heavy also get C4?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wrenched, Mar 26, 2015.

1. wrenched

What's the purpose of the other classes again?
    • Up x 1
  2. stalkish

Drop ammo
    Repair vehicles / turrets
    Deploy turrets
    Laying AV / AI mines
    Heal / revive
    Drop shield bubbles
    C4 fairy
    Sniping
    Infiltrating
    Hacking terminals

O and dont forget, killing other infantry and destroying vehicles.

Now lets look at the HAs list of abilities:
    Killing other infantry
    Destroying vehicles

Seems a bit skewed in favour of the other classes to me, infact id say the HA is underpowered looking at this.
    • Up x 8
  3. thingymajigy

it took you this long to realise heavys have c4?
    • Up x 5
  4. Disconsented

Shield bubbles !?!?!
  5. stalkish

Cant remember the name of them.
    The medic drops them and when standing inside they increase your shield rate of recharge and give your shield a buff i believe.
  6. wrenched

Honestly...yeah..unlike the 80% I don't main Heavy and it just seemed so out of place that I didn't even consider it.

Yeah nice list but 70% of PS2 is killing infantry, 20% is killing vehicles...
  7. _itg

c4 isn't that good on HA. Without a jetpack to help you place it, you're very limited in what vehicles you can blow up, and giving up your MLG-kits is a huge sacrifice which most players won't want to make.
    • Up x 6
  8. stalkish

Realy, i guess ive been doing it wrong for nearly 3 years then ye?
    Planetside is about whatever you want it to be about, personaly i like killing all the AI vehicles with my AV vehicle, or destroying sundies with explosives, or shooting down aircraft with flak, doing A2A duels, driving a flash.

Also considering all the whine about vehicle / tank spam youd think it was the other way around.

If your right, and its 70% killing infantry, its a dam good job the other classes can also do that just as effectively as HA, the HA just gets more health when shield is up.

Besides that fact, you asked what the other classes can do, or 'their purpose' i told you, not my fault if you dont like the answer.
    • Up x 2
  9. f0d

which most classes can do also

medic - has C4 and a good gun
    engineer - has AV turret AV mines AI turret AI mines and C4
    max - has AV weapons and AI weapons
    infil - pretty much just kills infantry... BUT can hack AV turrets to kill vehicles also
    LA - well we all know how much tankers hate C4 fairys

i pretty much never use heavy myself (i think 1% usage or less) and i dont think there is anything wrong with them myself, they kill vehicles and infantry? yep and so do pretty much every other class
    • Up x 1
  10. Leftconsin

If you are Vanu, there is no purpose. Go back to your Orion.
    If you are not Vanu, then it is to enjoy the fine selection of not vanu carbines and not vanu assault rifles this game has to offer.
    • Up x 5
  11. HadesR

No more obscure than Medic's having C4 ...

Personal opinion: Only LA's and maybe Engi's should have it
    • Up x 8
  12. OldMaster80

How many times have you been c4ed by someone who wasn't playing LA?
    • Up x 6
  13. FnkyTwn

I find it awkward and ironic that the guy with all the "stats" in his signature doesn't know some of the basics of the game, and when he learns the basics, he's infuriated enough to go to the forum about it.

Was your mind equally as blown when you learned the Medic also gets C4? Or is this just a 'HAs are OP' thread?
    • Up x 6
  14. Dreez

There should be a reason to play HA, currently there isn't. The shield of a HA simply isn't strong enough
    to even stand up against the weaponry of a medic or light assault. And Light Assault & Engineers are
    far better at killing vehicles.
  15. Eternaloptimist

I have queried why HA has C4 in several other posts. (I love playing HA btw but also play other classes). I think it is either a bit OP, given their LMGs and RLs, or it is a waste of time if, as mentioned above, it is rarely used. I would love to be able to storm/capture a room and then deploy a mine/claymore/betty to help me defend it, but that is probably OP as well. Besides, the medikit (along with the shield) is probably what I would stick with anyway as being a killing machine in the thick of the battle (the only real HA thing) goes hand in hand with being able to survive longer. ( Nerf HAf/shield OP hate posts in 3, 2 1............)
  16. Tommyp2006

It's great for instagibbing sundys. 2 c4 + 1 rocket = dead non shield/armor sundy.
  17. patoman

Its a option, everything in the game does or doesn't have to be used. All classes have a utility slot for deployables, of course you can always use res kit or med kit too with ha, which those two help with the whole survirorability thing on a tanky class.

So just about every class with two exceptions can use c-4, you can, or cannot. I don't play all the classes as much as enginerr but that doesn't remove my ability to use them or others to use them.
  18. Goretzu

C4 on anything but a LA is fairly "meh", situationally useful certainly, but not exactly amazing (compared to the other options)....... that's probably why you've never realised they had it (or indeed likely the other classes that do either).
    • Up x 1
  19. libbmaster

The latter. Seems to be the flavor of the month.
  20. hostilechild

Gal drop a squad of HA with c4 and rocket launchers. Good by vehicle zerg. About the only time its useful and still much easier as LA and drifters.