[Suggestion] In Regards to LA C4 Spamming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jorvalt, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Demigan

Because the AOE of C4 has been nerfed to only a fraction of Frag grenades.

As much as I appreciate someone sticking up for C4, I doubt there was an LA squad anywhere near, it's the least used class for any teamplay. You only have so much C4, it's effective against groups, but if you want to kill a trickle of people it's better to just gun them down, especially if there's several that can shoot the same target.

"all it takes is a second to fly above the tank".
    But what do you need to do to get there?
    You need to avoid the tankers vision, and friendly tankers vision, as he can either shoot you or just start driving and he's safe. Or a friendly tanker or infantry can see you and shoot you, alerting him as well. There's more people now using the Spitfire tactic, when they camp out somewhere they place one that instantly betrays when an LA is about to jump on you.
    So you need to spawn somewhere, fight and avoid all enemy infantry and tanks, get to your target, hope he's still there and doesn't spot you on the way, and then, finally then and only then, do you get to "fly for a second to get above the tank".
  2. Demigan

2 C4, if you get OHK'd they had to place 2 C4. Just try it out.

And for anyone reading, the above quote is one of the things wrong, people aren't informed as to the power of C4 or how it can be used, and all they see is them being killed, rather than seeing what they did wrong to get killed in the first place.

You can get shot by a sniper or any other weapon at any time as well. Thing is, you need to be closer for C4.
    And if i'm infantry or a tanker, I rarely ever get C4red, I wonder why... Oh yeah, I look around me occasionally.

C4 is usable by all classes, but people complain about C4 in relation to it being on the LA. As the other classes have much more trouble C4ring tanks (they get blown up) and have a lot less time C4ring infantry (they get spotted and killed).

Yes, but it also costs you about 500 resources that are all destroyed upon use

The one with reasonable arguments, which is to say "pay a bit more attention while playing, it will save your life". I tank about 40% of the time, and I rarely ever get C4red because I just look around me occasionally. I get a kill here and then from some sad LA trying to C4 me, but they rarely ever even get 1 C4 on me.
    And as infantry I also rarely get killed by C4. This could be because I'm LA a lot and don't join the crowd in some stalemate standoff and sit there waiting for someone to C4 me. And even when I am on an airpad and there's LA that could C4 me, they usually don't, because I shoot them while in-flight. I see them, I spot them, I shoot them, problem solved, next! Oh, sometimes I don't see them... but sometimes a Heavy/infiltrator/engineer/LA/medic/MAX/tank/aircraft appears around a corner behind you and kills you as well, that's part of the game!
  3. JudgeNu

If your not using your 3rd person view while in a tank you are hindering yourself.
    This will minimize your C4 deaths greatly.

When I fight VS, this is one thing I look out for.
    Seriously they do the same cheesey stuff all the time.
    Just be aware.

*Deleted rant about those who make a real Engineer look bad*

This game is more than just a shooter.
    It took me some time to figure that out myself.
    You would do well to realize that.

*Deleted rant about mindless players in a game they are not prepared for*
  4. ColonelChingles

This is true, but when you're comparing KPH to VKPH as a relative measure I think it's okay.

In other words I'm not saying C4 is OP because "OMG it gets 20 vehicle kills in an hour". I'm just pointing out that the primary use of C4 seems to be antipersonnel instead of anti-tank.

As of yet I've not seen any clear indication whether VKPH and KPH are exclusive or double count. Based on AP tank cannon statistics, I would assume that they are counted separately as many AP cannons have a 2 infantry: 1 vehicle ratio. It's hard to imagine that AP cannons are only going after enemy vehicles, but I could be wrong on that point.
  5. Zeppelin123

What this game needs is a C-4 lock on launcher, maybe make the sttriker a C-4 launcher available to TR only. Then people can complain :D

To be serious be careful about what you ask for. Removing/nerfing C-4 is a direct buff to MAXes too.
  6. BlueSkies

I was giving a measurement of numbers not really trying to guess on whether or not the half a dozen or so LA were in a single squad...

I know players are generally oblivious to what is around them but I was a little shocked during the holiday events that C4 awareness didn't seem to go up even though the bricks were now bright white bricks with lovely red bows on them (still having the flashing red light).
    • Up x 1
  7. Ballto21

except infiltrators, engineers, and heavy assault are all described as recon, resupply, and AV/AA missiles. Light assaults however, are not described as whack a mole tossing c4.
  8. MrForz

I take it that you're getting upset at snipers too along with C4 then?
    • Up x 1
  9. InoxGecko

Reduce C4's blast radius. Make it a shaped charge, very effective against single targets such as vehicles or base turrets because of it's focused blast, make it useless against infantry (MAXes, problematic, but well, you have everyone playing HA anyway)

Basically, don't nerf it's damage, merely reduce it's blast radius.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tululaboo

I am probably one of the few who use C4 as intended rather than throw & blow. I use C4 on my engineer to safeguard loctions such as generators and cap loctions ^-^ if you die while overloading a gen to C4 its most likely me hehe. I do use C4 agains tanks but I place it down where I know is a high probable place for a tank to go. Much better than getting up close and personal. I think if planetside where to adjust the use of C4 they should change is there is a planting animation rather than throwing it making it more of a stratigical use than COD use.
  11. BlueSkies

So... you use C4 to do the job of AI and AV mines (place and wait)

That seems inefficient.
  12. LT_Latency

If C4 is going to be something your have to place.

All Vehicles need to have 3rd person view removed. You can land perfectly on the back of a tank and they can still see you before you even get to the tank in 3rd person.
  13. Tululaboo

I admit it sounds like it but I find that C4 is easier to hide or to trick, for example I sometimes place C4 on the inside top part of an opening which does two things, hides the C4 from those that do not have explosive location implant and tricks those who do to think its on the higher floor.

I can plant it on top of a generator to get a full blast radius around the gen and I do not wait around, I plant and leave to do my duties as engineer. I use the infiltraters in the squad to help show where enemies are near to blow it or keep an eye on the map to notice if the gen is being messed with then boom ^-^
  14. Hosp

Why is someone still asking for a c4 nerf? All the whiners w/o any awareness have, seemingly, won. C4 is getting nerfed "Soon".
    • Up x 1
  15. LtSqueak

This is your opinion. If this was truly what the devs had intended then we would probably be forced to place instead of throw. But we can throw it.
    Hell, the description of C4 says that it's intended for both infantry and vehicles alike.

Also, to all of the people complaining about insta-kill from C4, let me introduce to you sniper rifles, rocket launchers, tank mines (including when detonated at your feet by infantry), and proxy mines.
  16. FateJH

You can get C4'd in spawn rooms, but it's done by allies instead.
    • Up x 1
  17. Tululaboo

Yeah that is my opinion ^-^ I do not see the plausibility in trowing C4 frankly I do not care less if I get killed by someone throwing it at me I just think it can be used better.
  18. Jorvalt

It's cute that you think that makes a difference.
  19. Jorvalt

Which is why I didn't even think of that. Intentional friendly fire is a @#$% move regardless of the situation.
  20. LtSqueak

Fair enough. I typically only use it on sunderers or the occasional tank zerg.

P.S. it's so nice to have a conversation (however limited) with someone who has a different opinion but doesn't immediately start saying everyone is doing it wrong. So very refreshing these days.