new continent

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Jan 29, 2015.

1. MikeyGeeMan

2. Hosp

I love a good bridge battle, but people dislike airzergs quite a bit. Not sure this is practical. Certainly not with Searhus and Battle Islands in the works.
  3. Pikachu

Devs said they can't make water.
    Making one vehicle takes about 6 months.
    Searhus is the next planned continent.
    Game wont survive long enough for more continents.
  4. Hammerlock

5. IvanCGray

Doing a series of underwater domes and tube-tunnel highways might be cool, with topside bridges and air platforms and whatnot.
  6. MikeyGeeMan

Lies. I'm a dev. With rendrimg and game engine exp

They just don't have the pop.
  7. Fry_Poncho

"Im Vauguerd, and I approve of this message"
  8. z1967

Forgelight just has a plane with a water texture for water. The voxel version has flowing water but it is buggy as hell. So it would be best just to put it off for now.
  9. Konstantinn

Yes... also helmet with Kevin Costner's face.
    • Up x 1
  10. KnightCole

LOL, this game doesnt need more then 2 continents, its not like more then 2 are even unlocked. And then its just 2 96v96 zergs beating the crap out of each other on 2 lattice lanes........if PS2 isnt totally dead by 2016, it will be a surprise.
    • Up x 1
  11. TechMechMeds

I would like a continent that is one great big city ish type thing and the middle of the map would be a large built up area with skyscrapers with objectives inside them for some cqc swat type action going upwards.

The mega cities from judge dredd spring to mind....ish.

Ps. "Paper, lovely paper"
  12. Ballto21

Id rather one thats just a giant Vanu city, long buried unearthered by VS dickery or some natural cause. Bases are politcal buildings, Vanu military bases, different city districts and such. Lots of buildings all over the place with alien textures and lighting, the VS discover yet more vanu weapons and vehicles, giving the devs an excuse for more VS, TR and NC ES vehicles and weapons.
    • Up x 1
  13. TechMechMeds

I just had an idea on top of that. How about when this continent is locked, it is reskinned as whatever empire factions style that took it when it unlocks.

Just in case e.g. VS took it so when it's unlocked it will be skinned with VS style stuff etc ,etc.
  14. Zeppelin123

Not sure if after Hossin I want to spend them time on more continents.
  15. Halo572

How many more big maps with tiny TDM maps in them does one title need?

And dividing the 1500 players average per server by another map?

You would have to get into continent locking based on player numbers and look how that has been received already.

I see t-shirts, a massive ever expanding and always developing range of t-shirts. The actual title I see nothing, but t-shirts stretching to the horizon I can see.

Oh and hats as well.
    • Up x 1
  16. OldMaster80

Searhus and Battle Islands in the works? AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

LLet's be honest, realistic and serious: there will be no other continent. They are not developing any new content and population is already spread out enough. After 2,5 years we don't even have working warpgates do you really think the team could release new continents as long as they work this way? Look at Hossin: 1,5 years have passed between 1 announcement and the actual release. Should they announce Searhus tomorrow morning still it wouldn't be ready before... let's see... July 2016 in best case? :(
    • Up x 1
  17. MikeyGeeMan

The water doesn't have to ripple. It can be blue...

Make water vehicles that "drive" on the water, but you can't walk through the water.

Imagine big fights on oil rigs and other water Bourne craft.
  18. Jawarisin

Oh yes yes, I can see it. Have new classes adapted for water combat, with fins and helmets.
    They should also add water animals, Imagine using a whale as cover for instance. Maybe add new weapons like a harpoon so you can grab unto fishs.
    Submarines which would be the "underwater" skies, with torpedos fight. I can already imagine, dropping one of my two air tanks and shooting it in order to blind enemies and then swim to them and kill them.
    They could also add water currents, with possibilities of curving torpedos with them. Can you imagine a curved shot to kill an enemy submarine?
    You could also have destructible terrain there; for instance, you could blow yourself a hole in the ground to go hide. Maybe shoot a whale and have it "roadkill" your enemy.
    Since it's underwater, bullet speed should be reduced by 50% and vs weapons with heat mechanics should overheat 30% slower.
    We could also have agressive mobs, maybe a kraken or something. Can you imagine having a shout out, and then suddenly a big dark shape looms above you. Tentacles come to wreak havok while you desesperatly try to stay on A point. What about floats of pirhanas, or a big white shark.

Oh yes, oh yes! I could definetly see this happening very soon if we just keep on bumping this thread a bit more.
  19. Vango

There should be a lot of miniature islands with high rock formations or other cover so i can jump out of magi and repair instead of being forced to run autorepair.
  20. HappyStuffin

It takes 6 months to develop a vehicle? I guess efficiency isn't a thing over there at SOE, huh?

Anyway, bridge battles!!! Love them. Need more of them.