Higby: Return of the Tankside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlueSkies, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Bobman23

This is so untrue it's not even funny.
    • Up x 2
  2. RemusVentanus

All this whining about 2 C4 no longer killing a full health MBT is pathetic, as are comments like RIP LA and the like.
    2 C4 killing a tank at full health should have never been a thing. And all this talk about awareness will save you from all and every C4 attemts is just stupid. With almost every infantry player running around with C4 it is just a matter of time till you get killed by C4.

2 - 3 month ago when i still played C4 and mines battled eachother for who was reason number 1 for most of my death. Simply because almost nothing aside from C4 and mines could get my gunner and me killed.

That there is more whining about the C4 change then about the AV changes just shows how broken it is.
  3. ATRA_Wampa-One

It's absolutely about awareness since I can maybe count on one had the number of times C4 has killed me in my lightning vs. all the other things that have killed me. Then again, when I pull a lightning I do it to kill other vehicles and not farm infantry which is why the Viper and AP lightning account for the most number of kills I've gotten with it.

This nerf to C4 is just one more instance of people whining so that things that were suppose to counter them are now just "deterrents", all so people can have their narrowly defined gameplay catered to at the expense of the majority of the people that play this game for the infantry and vehicle and air combat... not just one of those three.

e: Not like what I say matters since Higby has around 5% of his play time as LA.
    • Up x 3
  4. Reclaimer77

Translation:

No amount of mines or C4 should be able to kill my tank. No matter how badly I'm outnumbered, I should always win. Because...umm TANK, and uhhh, REASONS!
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

Why not, the skyguard and bursters have already been nerfed into oblivion because the skyknights whined about them non stop, only fitting that the same amount of whining got C4 and infantry based AV nerfed into oblivion.
  6. Pelojian

Reclaimer a 450 nanite cost MBT should not die instantly to low cost explosives. infantry can try as many times as they like because dying doesn't have a cost and yet the tank driver does have a cost of dying.

tanks should not be afraid of infantry it should always be the other way around. all this whining and moaning because you can't gank full health tanks anymore as a lone infantryman. you can still kill tanks, it's not the end of the world except now tanks will have a fair chance of surviving if at full health. tanks are not pinatas for you to beat with your favorite baseball bat (C4) anymore.

you chose to use a cheesy weapon to get unfair kills and you deserve the nerf you rightfully deserve. you wanted less lethal tank vs infantry and the cost was less lethality of infantry vs tanks and only now that you realize the devs are going to follow through with phase 2 infantry vs tanks balance that you start complaining.
    • Up x 1
  7. Reclaimer77

Can we cut the BS? The Nanite cost is irrelevant. The resources system makes zero impact on what you can pull or how often you can pull something, so bringing it up is just pointless.

Unless you have really bad luck, or you're super bad, you will be able to chain pull MBT's with no problem.

Wow...yeah that sounds really balanced. Are you serious???
  8. Pelojian

Resources can and do control how often you can pull something. what you can pull depends on how many nanites you've spent recently and on what. C4 is a super cheap weapon, it shouldn't totally and completely destory a tank. C4 as-is would be like in an infantry battle where you die if you get shot twice by any infantry weapon and those 'pros' go "don't get hit, see us coming and ambush"

'situational awareness' is a cop out excuse for the power of C4 totally and completely defeating a full health tank as-is a tanker cannot afford to be hit. this change to C4 basically means any time you 2x C4 a tank you'll be in the same situation as-is now if you get hit with one brick, on fire but not immediately dead.

you still have plenty of ways to destroy a tank. infantry and tanks are afraid of aircraft does that stop them from fighting back? no!

a cheap explosive should not immediately kill a more costly force multiplier with alpha strike. the tanker's only chance right now is a slim one that they will look in the right direction somewhere in 360 degrees for a single infantryman who for all they know is above them out of elevation range.

C4 is such a problem because A) it does so much damage to tanks and B) it is on the most mobile and unpredictable infantry with more attack vectors.
  9. Reclaimer77

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2005-03-29-abrams-tank-a_x.htm

From 2003 to 2005, some 80 Abrams Main Battle Tanks were hurt so badly they needed to be shipped to the U.S for repairs. That's only for a two year period!

And that's NOT against an advanced first-world military like we have in Planetside 2. That's against guerrilla fighters with 40 year old Russian RPG's and improvised explosives.

I'm sorry guys, but MBT's are not the infallible creeping death machines you think they are. Stop watching so many war movies and basing your reality on video games.

Making Planetside 2 more "realistic" would not be the tanking heaven you think. A single AV squad would be able to absolutely ROAST every single tank they come across. THAT would be realistic.
  10. Reclaimer77

1. MOVE. A moving tank is freaking IMMUNE to C4 being placed on it.
    2. Have a freaking AI gunner and use teamwork. Seriously the number of tanks I see without a second gunner is just egregious!
    3. Use Proximity Radar
    4. SITUATIONAL AWARENESS. Are you right up against a building or a base wall? Gee, MAYBE that's a good way to have C4 dropped on your tank.

There, I just gave you 4 chances you apparently didn't know about.
  11. HadesR

Tanks are able to shell and kill infantry at over 300m .. So with the current infantry render range lowering AV turrets and Ravens to 200m is stupid ..

They will be able to spam shell at ranges that neither TR or NC infantry will be able to return fire to.

It needs to be 300-350m ... Or lower the range vehicles can engage infantry to suit or lower the infantry render range for vehicles to 300m ...And no you can't stay safe indoors or in vehicles when 99% of the bases need you to venture outside to defend or capture cap points ..

So yes Mr Higby needs a serious rethink before he changes the game once again for the worse for a lot if not the majority of people ..
    • Up x 2
  12. Bobman23

..During two years of the heaviest fighting, when we were relatively unprepared for the situation, lacking up-armor kits, and didn't have the proper SOP's established. Most of those tanks could be (and probably have been) repaired and re-used. Back then they were shipped back to the states because we didn't have the facilities in-country to do the work needed.

Don't think I'm some kid who doesn't know what he's talking about. I did two tours in Iraq as an infantryman ('06-'07 and '09-'10).

Your original statement is false.
    • Up x 1
  13. Reclaimer77

So many bad excuses, too many to even bother with.

My point still stands, and it's been proven. The MBT that's immune to infantry is but a fantasy in a Vehicleside players mind. "Realism" would be worst than what you have now.

p.s. Who cares where it was repaired? The point was it NEEDED repairs, it was taken out of the fight.
    PSS. I thank you for your service. But I draw the line at you trying to screw up the game in your favor.
  14. Bixli

..i wouldn't say rip la - but rip solo-la.
  15. Whatupwidat

Guess I'm gonna trade my jetpack in for treads lol xD
    • Up x 1
  16. Regpuppy

This is pretty much my only gripe with what Higby has been mentioning. 300 meter limit? Fair enough, since infantry doesn't render further than that. But 100 meters BEFORE infantry rendering stops and you create situations where some AV infantry options simply cannot defend themselves from the thing they're suppose to kill.

I mean, I understand the Raven's being nerfed to a reasonable range limit. Being able to shell tanks with wire-guided weapons out to crazy ranges was a bit redonkulous. It just seems a tad overkill to me. Especially since maxes render further than infantry already.
    • Up x 1
  17. Bixli

..oh & we should express each other with a new camo btw.
  18. HadesR

Infantry is still rendering up to 400m even after they lowered the distance ..
  19. player16

higby i think that with anchovies (turkey mode) hp favor vanguads (and that would be a lot of hp thinking) can be softened to the point of charge but gunners are unwilling to main a vulcan if it cannot destroy two vanguards with shield(prior to nerf) and one with shield up and one like o what?
  20. player16

as the guy on sony asked me to protect his family they also, delete this post, if you are trust.