OP Vulcan

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AnotherPlayer, Jan 11, 2015.

1. AnotherPlayer

Dear SOE game developers,

Since latest TR Vulcan weapon buff game is unplayable againts this harrasser teams that tears everything.
    I cannot understand logic behind making light vehicle more powerfull than heavy tank (in terms of DPS). Even more other faction did not receive simmilar improvement. Harrassers, as sort of car, should be one hit target for any AP tank.
    Therefore im asking you to reverse this change as it is more than annoying to see one faction favored.

yours sincerly,
    • Up x 3
  2. FrozenCustard

Keep your distance and don't get snuck up on. Even with stealth equipped you can still here them coming from eather just the harraser sounds or the Vulcan. By the way, nice name.
    • Up x 5
  3. FateJH

The answer is easy. Use your long range AV capabilities to take out the Vulcans before they get close to you.

(That said, the changes to the Harasser Vulcan should be reversed as the Vulcan-H was already performing just fine.)
    • Up x 3
  4. doombro

The vulcan is fine.

If you want harassers to be less durable, I won't disagree, however, at least make their physics tolerable first. They shouldn't spin out, flip over, get stuck, or spontaneously explode so often.
    • Up x 5
  5. Towie

Afraid the Vulcan Harasser is far from fine - it can take away enemy armour quickly, can 1 clip an MBT and generally spray death to anything near. This has not gone unnoticed as everyone + dog is now running them. My only fear is that they will be nerfed to hell and left there - just like PPA, Banshee, Zoe...

The reason why this subject is appearing so very often is that virtually every TR engagement will end in a dead (insert vehicle here) where said vehicle felt helpless to the armour melting ability of the Vulcan. I am not talking of the god-like Liberator times but it is the next best thing.

I thought that the Saron Harasser was pretty mean but Vulcan is the new undisputed king.
    • Up x 2
  6. doombro

The vulcan is nowhere near as powerful as it used to be, and neither is the harasser. If you're losing 1v1s to vulcans, it's because you got outplayed. If you have an MBT and a gunner, and both of you can aim, a single vulcan harasser is a very small threat.

The "1 clip" element is not an issue. Do you complain about the gauss saw being able to 1 clip a MAX?
    • Up x 2
  7. Towie

...a Harasser is very quick and can be surprisingly tricky to hit - you don't need to hit it often for sure, but hitting it at all can be a challenge (depending on gun - agreed).

It's not so much the 1-clip but more the time to kill - which is short AND the skill level needed for the gunner is low. IF the Harasser had to reload - this could give some additional time to retaliate. But it doesn't need to - and so just keeps on coming for the relatively short time needed to destroy you.

I have been shredded by Vulcan Harassers for three nights running now and I'm quite certain I am not the only one. Neither am I a noob.

All said and done, if the number of these death-buggies reduces to the pre-buff levels then it may not be as frustrating as it is right now but you know what - I doubt that will happen.

The sure-fire way to tell when something is OP is the number pulled. How many PPA Magriders do you see these days ?
    • Up x 1
  8. doombro

Fair enough. Would you be in favor of removing the spinup time in exchange for reducing the rate of fire?
  9. Goldmonk

[IMG]
    The Vulcan needs no adjustments. The Harasser needs a little adjustment, slower and less durable. Quit complaining about something just because it killed you.
    • Up x 1
  10. ronjahn

The Harasser is fine, if not a bit weak. The Harasser has already been nerfed to hell and doesn't need to be nerfed again.

The Vulcan is overpowered when compared to its counterparts the Enforcer and Saron. Just looked up the kills and number of users.

If you revert the Vulcan-H changes, you eliminate the Harasser OP argument, because they are fine and have been considered fine for a long time.

Or instead of further nerfing things, lets revert the Tank velocity changes so the noobs in MBTs have a chance to fight back against the quick harassers.
    • Up x 2
  11. HAXTIME

On community forums?

That's enough to determine you are hivemind zerg drone that should be mowed down with a thousand Vulcans right after spawning into that sunderer at Ti. Alloys, Inc.
    • Up x 1
  12. HenryTD

not really OP but they just have way too much ammo,also it annoying as heck -.-" those little bastard running around jumping and shooting like peekaboo mtfer here some democracy for u tatatatataaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... There was a time when a squad of those harrasers totally skew up the 95+ zerg to the point that we have to bring 3 squads of max/HA lock-on just too hunt them -_-"
  13. Xasapis

Don't worry OP, the Vulcan will be nerfed, hard. The only real question is when. And the unfortunate thing, is that the nerf will involve the Prowler Vulcan as well, which doesn't need one.

As for the people who delude themselves thinking the Vulcan is fine, things are simple. If the buff was minor, you wouldn't see the number of Vulcan Harassers jump up three times within the first two days the buffs were introduced. While at the same time, the amount of Prowler Vulcans has remained unchanged. Just pray that SOE won't nerf-hammer it so hard as they did the PPA-H. Which incidentally the PPA-H had six times the numbers of the other empires and ended up today to be used by half the numbers of the other empires, just to give an idea of the devastating nerf.
    • Up x 2
  14. Kunavi

It's not unplayable. If you touch the Vulcan then I want the other 2 ES AVs toned down insanely as well. There was no comparison between the ES AV turrets before, TR's was pathetic beyond words. Don't even bother telling me it will be a slight adjustment, we all know this means it's getting destroyed by SOE and your QQ if they decide to pay attention to all these threads popping up like mushrooms.

TR got competent again, EVERYBODY loses their minds. Yeah go ahead make us useless again, we won't fight back as it's futile- But maybe we can take you with us. So please, if Vulcan is changed in any way then NERF THE **** of NC and VS too. Let's ALL just throw rocks.
    • Up x 2
  15. Xasapis

Looking again at all the numbers concerning the Harasser Vulcan, it seems that only the actual number of users has seen an enormous increase. Every other metric related to performance has remain unchanged. I don't see why SOE should nerf a weapon, just because it is popular.

(Minor correction, only KPU is higher after the patch, everything else besides that and Uniques has remained unchanged)
    • Up x 3
  16. Towie

Well KPU is an ok-ish reference point and that has increased significantly; Vulcan is outperforming the others by 25% or so and that is noticeable. But i've said it before and i'll say it again - there are lies, damned lies and statistics. I remember people defending the PPA by being very selective with stats.

What is important is how it feels - and - it feels very brutal. This really isn't helped by the droves flocking to it right now, and that boosts it as the death reason to all other vehicles.

Did you know that with the exception of C4 and MBT AP cannons, it is the number 1 death reason for most vehicles ? The noteable exception is against other Harassers, where it even beats those. Afraid all of this culminates in people being shredded by them often - and difficult to come to a conclusion other than 'Vulcan-H is OP'. Hence the ridiculous increase in threads on this very subject !
  17. drzonny

People look for time to kill from second guns on MBT. Saron and Enforcer will not take so fast lightning and other MBT as Vulcan. Of course TR always have biggest magazine but why Vulcan have so much damage. SOE nerf Enforcer and I agree with it but Vulcan was OK before buff, now TR can easily kill vehical and infantry becouse of bigger magazine and bullet speed.

I don't cry becouse of NC guns but Enforcer is so bad against infantry and only way on MBT to kill infantry is take Canister. TR have Vulcan and Maruder. This two guns can be use against everythink. It is stupid, maybe NC and VS should have possibility to damage vehical with PPA and Canister.

I dont understand why TR is so favored by developer.

Greetings.
  18. Zapon

got a better idea

raise Saron H and Enforcer H TTK, on vehicles

BUT WAIT, that's not all-

then give a uniform buff to all 3 MBT variants

Then increase shell velocity of all tanks by a bit

AKA reversing the "we want to remove excessive lethality" idea that i think is all sorts of wrong -way answers
    • Up x 1
  19. MahouFairy

TR favoured? Don't make me laugh. Remember the lockdown and the Striker.
  20. Popejustice

Ok I understand being frustrated, but i think I'd need to see some numbers...from somewhere saying that the new vulcan is really not ok. The vulcan when it came out was OP it was just silly no risk and all reward. Then the vulcan nerf met the harasser health nerf and the vulcan was almost completely suicidal. I mean don't get me wrong I love faction specific weapons, but this thing was just unplayable. If i played with friends they would ONLY get in my harasser if i put a halberd on it.

So now we get a weapon that'd unique and good (because the marauder is just...not a lot of fun) is it possible the TR are just hopping on the bandwagon. I can't help but notice you say you got taken down by vulcan harasser TEAMS. Does this mean you're being swarmed by multiple harassers? In that case it seems you got outnumbered it happens, but lots of people are pulling them...they're actually fun now.

While the harasser isn't a one hit AP kill it is a two hit (right? It's not a lot) it still pretty much blows up if you sneeze near it. On top of that it feels like finally the vulcan is a little more in line with risk and reward sure we might pop in and kill you, but dang it's tough to get away unless you're rolling solo in which case if the vulcan doesn't get you the ESF will. Saying a harasser should be 1 hit kill for AP tank is equivalent to saying it shouldn't be in the game what would be the point? Most tanks roll AP, the harasser would be completely nonsensical to pull.

Also the ranged capabilities of at least the enforcer (which I've spent good time with) and conceivably the Vanu version give you range. Good placement can negate most of the risk of these weapons.

Just saying get some numbers.