[Suggestion] An easy implemented; no balance impact; SC grabbing plan - Give us weapon skins!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nody, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Nody

Seriously; we all know the Devs are very busy dealing with the PS4 go live which will require a ton of Dev coding time to make it run properly and fix all the game breaking bugs. I fully understand this even if I disagree on the priorities but lets give your graphics team something to do AND let you make a ton of money doing it.

Give us the option to buy alternate weapon skins for all our weapons! For example why can't I buy a dual wielding looking gun skin? Make it seem like I'm shooting with two guns (still only one gun in reality but looks like two)? Or how about a LMG skin that makes me look like I'm carrying a proper gun? Why can't I get a mod to make my rocket launcher to look like tooting a quadruple rocket launcher from Commando (going old school here!)? But no need to stop there; why can't my MBT cannon (seriously no one tells the difference) by made to look really badass or have my Comet balls of Plasma changed in color? There's a ton of potential here which have zero game balance impact between the factions but would add diversity and give your graphic team something to do.

Sell them for SC only; heck make them one faction only if need be but for the love of god take my money and just implement them so I can stop running around with a frozen fish :(
    • Up x 4
  2. DramaticExit

This actually isn't a bad idea at all.

I would suggest being a little more subtle about it than replacing models with a dual wielding skin, or quad rocket launcher... But giving a gun a different look for that added personalised feel would be a decent moneyspinner for SOE.I wouldn't necessarily buy this myself (I tend to spend money only on Camo), but I can think of a lot of people that certainly would.

Also, yes. Every time I'm killed by a Nova shotgun, I wonder how it would taste battered and deep fried. Especially if the user has thrown a white-ish camo on it.
    • Up x 2
  3. Alan Kalane

Good idea, game needs money. Look at League of Legends, they have some awesome skins that completely change how a character looks or even behaves, although they have nothing to do with balance. PS2 skins probably can't be THAT cool but people seem tired of camos... Maybe even I'd buy one if it was really cool...
    • Up x 1
  4. Prudentia

can i haz a VS HRS skin that removes the tires?
    as they are not really working on ES buggies in any noticable way i atleast want my Thresher. hell the PPA would get the most used ES AI weapon again solely trough that skin :eek:
  5. TriumphantJelly

I think that this idea might work: I just don't want it to be an excuse for keeping stock VS EVERYTHING a frozen purple fish.
  6. Mezinov

This is a perfect opportunity to get Player Studio involved too. They already do it for Everquest and the such.
  7. Nody

They already stated that they are very unlikely to ever change the "old" VS weapons and only newer once will get more interesting models; hence this is about the only chance by the looks of it.

I'd agree but I'd move it in a second phase; step 1 SoE does it (to see what the limits needs to be) and step 2 allow Player Studio in once they know the limitations (due to character models etc.) will be. It would also open up pure weapon skins again as a low cost skin (i.e. I'm thinking CS:GO style weapon skins etc.).
  8. Milspec

Sure, all for it. It's a change that matters only to the player and not the opponents, so go for it. Also, customizing player face skins to be shown without helmets. Just like hats, no IFF issues and makes cash.
    • Up x 1