Seriously? Who is going to pay 25$ for name change?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ExtremeTech, Jan 11, 2015.

1. ExtremeTech

[IMG]

Seriously???
    I think 25$ is too much. I think it would be better if it would cost like 5$ or 10$
    • Up x 2
  2. Pikachu

Equally funny is that there was no announcement of it. People have been asking for this for ages, then SOE stealth adds it.
    • Up x 8
  3. FieldMarshall

Its mentioned in the launcher news, but yeah. Its been out for a while.
    Basically they missed an opportunity at making some (legit) money on something people have been wanting for a while.
    If only it had been properly advertised.
    But then again, its SOE. Marketing and advertisment is random at best. And if you are lucky, not spread out over half the internet buried in twitter, facebook and reddit posts.
    • Up x 2
  4. dezusa

They're getting desperate :oops:
    I thought that the "no helmet for $10(?)" sham was terrible enough.
    Most likely compensating for their lack of anything decent (or anything at all) in the roadmap.
    (which is good, less new content = less bugged patches they deliberately release)
    • Up x 4
  5. VonStalin

I wanted to change my stupid nick (I created this char as a joke - my very first char in this game, had no Idea I will stuck in it so much), but 25$... I'll better stay Stalin then.. even 5$ would be on question for such meaningless thing.
    • Up x 4
  6. Ragmon

Good thing I didn't mess up my name. :cool:
    • Up x 2
  7. breeje

it's 25$ because most people don't like it if you change your (hacking,cheating,teamkilling,trolling) name
    so you can start over again with an clean name
    • Up x 1
  8. Gnomemercy

Not only that it's broken, your name will be changed on the character select screen but ingame when you join a squad, platoon or use voicecoms it still comes up with your old name.
  9. Pikachu

Me too, night hater.
  10. Pelojian

You can see how much of gouge it is by looking at EQ2's potion of amnesia ($9.50USD) which is the same service with the same company.
  11. HAXTIME

There is nothing that can take HAXTIME (capital 'i') or HAXTlME (small 'L') from me. Although I have a friend, with the disingenious name 'Annalreaper', he might be interested. :D
    • Up x 1
  12. IvanCGray

Should be 5-10USD, and announced. Silly SOE, why do you do these dumb things to yourself? If you want sustainable income, just let us change our names cheaply, and keep a log of what names each user had, so that recurring problems are all tracked on that identity still. An extra $200 a day with the new implants? Try an extra few thousand a day with cheap name changes; Microsoft made a KILLING off of it at 10USD, but at 25USD they wouldn't have made a dime.
    • Up x 2
  13. FnkyTwn

It's $25 for us rich people dawg. Cause our wallets are phat cause we makin that green.
    (And we get the girlys numbers from the places we bean)

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  14. IvanCGray

^ If they want to make a lot of money, catering to the masses will help more this time, since both people with plenty of money and those will less will likely change their name if unhappy with it, and likely even multiple times.
  15. BengalTiger

Let's say I like both my username (same on forum and in game for main character), and my $25.

I would be willing to trade those $25 for blue lumifibers, chassis lights, cosmetics and a cool horn on this though:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. eldarfalcongravtank

$25 for name change? no

$25 for server transfer/more character customization/better game stability and performance? HELL YES!
    • Up x 1
  17. ronjahn

Love all the criticsm after people have practically begged for this feature since release. I can even remember people saying things like "LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY" or "if only they would add things I'd be willing to pay for"

$25 isn't really that big of a deal for something that SOE didn't want to add in the first place.

If they were money grabbing they would have released this over a year ago and cut the price down to 500 SC. The high price and lack of advertisement kind of makes me think that SOE has 1. Given in on something they didn't want to do for money. 2. Still don't want people to do it.
  18. Stromberg

plz ... most ppl don't even know who to pronouce mine (siganture) :(

if I hear another si-ti-pom, **** will get serious :mad:
  19. FnkyTwn

Oh really? You don't know the pain of being called Funky Twin.

YOU DON'T KNOW MY PAIN.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tyrant103

They don't know how to manage making a game nevermind making money