Aux LMG Changes:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Jan 7, 2015.

1. ATRA_Wampa-One

As someone that uses the Flare more than any other LMG because of that 150 rounds with ex-mags... this is totally wrong.

The Butcher getting the same buff the CARV did (Praise Malorn!) however makes perfect sense.
  2. Casterbridge

I left them in there cause of my suggestion for an overdrive feature, I should mention I do use extended mags on some lmgs, such as the EM6.
  3. Xind

What do you honestly use those rounds for? Do you genuinely not find a chance to reload in the process of firing 150 rounds? There is never an oppurtunity?
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

It allows me to only have to reload when I'm 100% safe from someone rounding a corner and catching me reloading which means 99% of the time I'm dead. That's also the advantage of the BattleGoose in that you're rarely caught reloading so long as you're not overwhelmed with people rushing you. For point holds and running around outside of buildings this feature is absolutely godly and something most TR and NC never think about since their faction trait isn't horrible damage per magazine for almost meaningless decreases to reload time.
  5. battlegoose

If I remember correctly, Higby hinted at it when the HEAT mechanic was first rolled out. They wanted feedback on them but in standard operating procedure of the SOE devs, they just rolled out the initial versions and didn't continue working on them, much less roll out the mechanic to the rest of the arsenal.
  6. Xind

And you genuinely need 50 more rounds on top of 100 to find safe harbor?

Also, those reload speeds seem pretty proportional to mag size. TRs thick mags come at a steep reload speed price...which is why I was suggesting getting rid of the 50 extra to give the Butcher an actually GOOD reload speed for it's magazine, instead of basically the worst reload speed in the game. The Minichaingun reloads faster...because that makes sense.
  7. braytz

updated suggestion:

1)bullets have great velocity (railjack style in aestetic (blue bullets)and mecanic(sraight line)), no delay (this is not a sniper rifle that can OHK).

2)recoil: give us back the foregrip!!! ,maybe tone the recoil down to AR style one,this is a magnetic based gun (or at least give us the saw recoil with full attachments),this is the main problem of this directive gun: insane recoil/cof combo.

3)give us the choise of HVA or SPA, or maybe remove this add-on for balance purpose (if necessary,i'd like to have the choise).

pros:

high velocity,lower recoil(much lower than the current one).

cons:

smaller magazine(50 bullets?),no HVA/SPA(so the new recoil model will be balanced).
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yes. It's a much more pronounced problem with 30 round 143 damage guns but even still the ability to kill 10-12 people without having to reload is huge on LMG's since you don't have to constantly worry about if you have enough ammo left to kill someone if they round a corner.

Also, the GODSAW and Butcher just had both the extra equip and reload time removed from them without loosing those extra 50 rounds so the Butcher has a 5.4/6.2 second reload (same as the CARV) and the GODSAW has a 6.5/7.5 second reload (same as the SAW).
  9. WTSherman

Honestly, I wouldn't mind "less/no damage dropoff" becoming a new NC thing. Maybe one tier less of dropoff, with no dropoff on weapons that would normally only have one tier anyway.

Would certainly complement their "hit hard" philosophy by allowing them to hit hard more consistently.
    • Up x 1
  10. battlegoose

It would end up making the SAW better than the BR's even just using single shots. I see a major problem in that.
    • Up x 4
  11. AlterEgo

Give it 800 m/s and and make it drop off at 30 meters instead of 10.
    THERE. You now have a sniper LMG:p
  12. AlterEgo

Butcher: Rambo style. 200 bullets. CoF never expands, RoF is 1,298, plus no increase in recoil, and as accurate as the current CARV.

GodSAW: 800 m/s rounds. Drops off at 30 meters instead of 10. Deals 240 damage at 10 meters, at 30, it deals the normal 200.

BetelGeuse: Gets more accurate the longer you fire it. No recoil; limited amount of battery cores. Loses damage quicker. 155 instead of 143.
  13. TriumphantJelly

:confused: What do you mean by this?
  14. CapEnTrade

When are these changes applied???
  15. BanthaFodder

Still doesn't fix the Godsaw. It still lacks the trait that dubbed the stock saw into the Godsaw which was its ballpoint accuracy thanks to its forward grip.. Vertical recoil was never a problem, its the horizontal that people were complaining about.
    • Up x 1
  16. Keldrath

He understands them, he's auraxed them all and his stats are above average for them. He just doesn't understand them on a high level like Visigodo or others do, which is why he's listening to them.
  17. IvanCGray

I'm still all for classing the GODSAW as an HMG. Wanna' hit hard? Give it armor-piercing rounds. **** up a MAX's day HARD.
  18. ATRA_Wampa-One

Calling BS on him doing it with VS AR's.
  19. Runegrace

Battle Rifles degrade down to 225 damage with a 333 RoF. So....only if you want it to be an inferior but automatic Battle Rifle. Which sounds terrible.
    • Up x 1
  20. Keldrath