Aux LMG Changes:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Xind

Belegeuse is based on a more rigged weapon to begin with. :eek:
  2. Kociboss

#unlimitedammo #0.75ads

Enough said.

Working on unlocking it now.

#orionmasterrace
    • Up x 1
  3. Shanther

Except for the fact the Orion and the Carv have extremely similar recoil.

Carv:
    0.4 vert
    0.225 min
    0.225 max
    0.9 tolerance
    Left, Right
    12 decrease

Orion
    0.4 vert
    0.2 min
    0.225 max
    0.9 tolerance
    Left, Right
    13 decrease
  4. IvanCGray

250 damage on the GODSAW would be way, way, way too much. 225 -maybe-, but that still would probably make it too good in CQC. Probably much better off going with AP ammo, (Class it as an HMG to the game, maybe?) and/or ridiculous velocity and ability to hold damage well at range, with a small mag instead of a huge one. Specialize it.
  5. sindz

Please get back to us when you unlocked it and find out its not even close to how good TR and NC seem to think it is.
  6. Xind

Just gonna leave out hip fire CoFs and ADS move speed? Also, didn't the Carv get a slight Buff to like .213 or something for horizontal?
  7. Shanther

You are complaining about a lack of foregrip when your recoil stats are extremely similar to the Betelgeuse. CoF and ADS have nothing to do with that. And yes I think the horz recoil is a bit lower then the spreadsheet.
  8. Kociboss

It will be glorious. It's like 40 rounds orion with unlimited ammo and no reloads if you play smart.

No f-grip too but that's okay I used stock orion for quite some time, still rekking.

0.75 ads on HA baby!

My short (30 mins?), morning session with Orion:

http://i.imgur.com/1jAx63L.png

Soooo goood.
    • Up x 1
  9. Xind

Extremely similar is true, but going from the MSW-R to the CARV has a saddeningly noticible change after the slight buff the Carv got.
    I mean the scale for Horizontal recoil starts at .175 and goes to .392 so it's not like a it's massive scale to begin with. But I can honestly say, every little bit matters, especially when trying for head shots on targets 20m+.

And that's the other issue, The Betelgeuse has the ungripped Orions Horizontal, but I don't believe the Butcher uses the ever so slightly updated figures for the Carv, which makes an honest difference.
  10. ATRA_Wampa-One

Seriously this.

I've had it unlocked for several months now and I've used the Flare probably 10 times more than the Betelgeuse in that same time frame.

Hell even the MLG people don't use the Betelgeuse unless they're just farming bads. If they're actually playing against competent people they'll still use the Orion, MSR-W, or Anchor.
    • Up x 1
  11. Shanther

This. I will use the Betelgeuse 90% but that 10% is when I am fighting good people and or need to be way more accurate then the Betelgeuse will let me be.
  12. Xasapis

It's the time it takes to switch from another weapon to the LMG. Ext magazine increases that time.
  13. braytz

my suggestion for the godsaw:

1)remove the useless 150 ammo magazine (on paper sounds good, but it is useless if you can't hit) and replace it whit heat mecanic (tesla coil cooling). maybe a new skin with lightning blue coils on the barrel .

2)bullets have great velocity (railjack style in aestetic (blue bullets)and mecanic(sraight line)), no delay (this is not a sniper rifle that can OHK).

3)recoil: give us back the foregrip!!! ,maybe tone recoil down to AR one,this is a magnetic based gun (or at least give us the saw recoil with full attachments),this is the main problem of this directive gun.

4)give us the choise of HVA or SPA, or maybe remove this add-on for balance purpose (if necessary).

pros:

heat mecanic(infinite ammo) ,high velocity,lower recoil.

cons:

heat mecanic(complete cooling require time..5/6/7 seconds?) ,smaller magazine(50 bullets?),no HVA/SPA.
  14. ATRA_Wampa-One

No.

The Betelgeuse is a stock Orion (no attachments) and trades 20% less rounds before overheating (reloading) for the Heat mechanic. The NC getting both a heat mechanic and full attachments would not be at all equal to what the VS get.
  15. braytz

well, give a foregrip to the betelgeuse too.
    • Up x 1
  16. TriumphantJelly

G
    Sounds great except that it comes with all of the VS Auraxium weapon traits minus the downsides!

EDIT: Railguns use superconductors and so overheating it would turn tge weapon into a useless pile of scrap. Plus the superconductors themselves wouldn't overheat, that'd be the ammuntition creating friction. And if you have non-energy based ammuntion you're not going to have an infinite amount of it.

Leaves out TR too, means they have to sit on thet sidelines while NC/VS shoot an infinite amount of ammo at each other.
  17. battlegoose

For the last time, the HEAT mechanic on the VS Auraxium weapons was (devs rolled it out and stopped trying to balance and figure it out) suppose to be a new feature for VS weapons to replace the "no bullet drop" which doesn't matter in the majority of the game.

It should have been further changed so that it wasn't unlimited ammo and rather just a large ammo pool with the HEAT mechanic regulating your uptime on weapons fire. It needed to have a shorter pause between letting go of the trigger and the cooldown beginning. That would been the way to go on these guns. Smaller "mags" in return for fast enough micro reloads so that it would encourage burst fire more than constant fire.

However, the devs do as they normally do and start something then just ignore the community and leave the item unfinished, moving onto nerf/buff something else.

The Auraxium VS weapons are not a result of giving Auraxium weapons better traits, but rather an incomplete overhaul of the VS faction trait (since charging weapons ISN'T what we want). Once they finished the overhaul, the Orion would return to being better than the Betelgeuse by a mile.
    • Up x 1
  18. TriumphantJelly

Your name and this post... :D

I had thought that this was just a rumour: was it officially announced instead?
  19. Casterbridge

Perhaps the GodSaw got less ammo, maybe even a slightly lower RPM but got special armor piercing rounds, making it slightly less effective on infantry than current Gauss Saw but a bit more deadly to Max units and light armored vehicles.

Though that maybe asking for a bit much.

The Butcher needs to have it's horizontal recoil readjusted to the carv's new level, keep the extra mags and the soft point, might be interesting if they could give it like an overdrive feature that temporarily ups the RoF but has some other drawbacks.
  20. Xind

The extra mags are so irrelevant. Drop the 50 extra rounds and cut the reload speed down to 4s. That might be worth using (with the carvs horizontal recoil) 150 rounds just isn't that useful in practicality as it sounds on paper.