Mech (And such) Suits.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AlterEgo, Dec 23, 2014.

1. AlterEgo

So, I just watched Edge of Tomorrow, staring Tom Cruise, our lord and savior. Pretty awesome film (as usually, humans magically defeat a superior enemy), but what really caught my eye was his mech suit(s). So, why not bring back one of the few things I liked about PS1, and add a bit of tang to it? Of course, they will have no downsides (except for the NC and VS ones, sorry:(), but they will cost A LOT (3,000 certs, no SC).

*BEWARE*
    The following text will see my most glorious use of creativity and word choice that makes everything I say sound pretty awesome. You have been warned.

The TR... Gets this.

[IMG]
    A simple design. Not much. However, YOU, as a soldier of the Republic, need some extra muscle to dodge all those electromagnetic or ionized projectiles coming your way. Well, THIS... is what you need. A good 'ole exosuit, perfect for making a long run seem as easy as a walk in the park. You will be FAST, and we mean fast, and while you may not get anything as grand as a health boost, the enemy's bullets will have a hard finding you. Also, consider how easily you'll be able to move your entire joints. Reloading and switching your weapons won't be too bad of some problems now.

• Walking speed is increased by 30%, running speed by 20%.
    • Weapon switch is now 50% faster.
    • Reload your weapons a FULL 1.5 seconds earlier for all weapons with a reload speed of three or more seconds.
    • Takes no damage, provides no protection.

The NC... Receives THIS.
    [IMG]
    Big. UGLY and revolting. And honestly, it'll make you pretty SLOW. But hey, for all the damage you mercs can soak up, do you honestly care? This "little" mech over here'll help; any damage you receive hurts only as much as you let it take. You'll be everyone's nightmare, not only thanks to how UNWIELDY you look, but also how fascist cartridges and nerdy masses of gases bounce or dissipate as soon as contact is made with your suit of shining armor. And to add to it, vehicles no longer crush you... YOU crush the vehicles. Yeah, that's right, let any cloaked Flash or speeding Harasser TRY to hit you; they'll be taking some bad punishment.
    • Can take up to 4,250 HP in damage.
    • Can be repaired.
    • Light vehicles take damage upon hitting you, and you no longer die on one impact.
    • Slower by 60%.
    • Can not access vehicles except for transports, and the vehicle is slower by 10%.

The VS... Acquires THIS.
    [IMG]
    Tight-fitting. Stealthy and proper. Greetings, my child, and behold!
    The stealth suit. It offers you the power of deception, the power of your strategy, not the clumsiness of your joints or the unreliability of your armor. Oh no, this is revolutionary. This requires utmost planning. It will be challenging, and failure shall result in consequence. Success, on the other hand, shall result in reward. You shall be weaker, and it shall be difficult to use. It will be complex and unwieldy on some occasions, but the rewards are overwhelming. You shall be able to "cloak" depending on your surroundings, and you shall become more dodgy as you progress. Using the abilities of this suit, the enemy will not know who, or WHAT, just hit them.
    • Camos as you stick to a wall or such surfaces perpendicular to your body, takes 10 seconds to do so. Shooting does not give you away, but your CoF or recoil are both increased by 20%.
    • The longer you remain alive, the higher your jumps are and the lower the amount of environmental damage you take.
    • The longer you remain alive, then the more adapted are your hands to your weapons, making aiming down sights make your weapon completely-recoil free.
    • Medic guns CAN provide over heal, which clocks in at 1,200 health and dissipates to the going-to-be-mentioned health value in 12 seconds. Medikits and such increase it to 1,050 and dissipates in 5 seconds. Must have full health to over heal.
    • Suit malfunctions 15% of the time (fails to cloak, does not give rewards). Medic shields fix the issue, or you can resupply.
    • 200 less health. Head shots from non-sniper weapons deal 1.5x more damage.
    So, what do you think? Feel free to make any improvements you would like to see, and I hope you enjoyed my massive fortress of words!:)
  2. NC supporter

Its not going to work, considering that A) You are literally ripping off ideas from COD Advanced Warfare and B) lt would conflict immensely with current gameplay elements. Your Light suit basically means your in god mode, the heavy suit would be a downgraded version of the max, and the stealth suit is basically an infiltrator cloak for all classes which would be insanely OP.
    • Up x 1
  3. AlterEgo

Considering that these suits came from PS1, NOT CoD, there is no ripping off happening.
    The Light suit makes you faster, and offers no additional protection.
    The Heavy suit makes EVERYTHING around you slower.
    The Camo suit makes you depend on, well, LUCK. Yeah, LUCK.

Also, I believe it would not conflict with the game's elements as nearly as Harassers did.
  4. NC supporter

Please go google up the pictures of the exosuits from COD. Theres a stealth, light, and titan variant for the exo suit there which is the same for your suggestions. We don't need more speed considering the hit detection in the game is already a bit wonky, no one would use the heavy suit as the disadvantages are pretty high, and I can assure you there would be immense hate towards the VS having a camo suit.
  5. Flamberge

Also, considering the cert cost, the only people who would have these are relatively experienced players, so we would have a bunch of experienced vets with OP suits. Nothing could go wrong, right?
    • Up x 3
  6. TheMish

Wait what?

So the TR get an exo-skeleton...which I'm pretty sure their heavy assault wears to carry that heavy armor.

The VS get a nano-suit. Which their infiltrator already wears.

And the NC get an armored suit...their Max?
    • Up x 1
  7. Regpuppy

Look more closely at the NC suggestion. He basically asked for a BFR without saying the buzzword outright. lol
  8. BobSanders123

[IMG]

Anyway, any faction specific stuff is nice. I'm pretty sure in command and conquer there was an invisible squishy tank that was balanced with a heavy armor tank. This is a plausible idea.
  9. ColonelChingles

I think we've learned from ZOE that fast-moving small targets combined with PS2's shoddy netcode and hit detection is a very bad thing? Or have we forgotten that already?
  10. Hacar

All I can say this is, that is no doubt the worst idea ever thought of, for one you ripping off ideas from different scifi's, one of them being from COD god noone needs Elephant crap from them. Second we all ready have mech suits, they are called MAX's (Mechanized Assault Exo-Suit)

As for vehicles Sony is still way a ahead you they made battle mechs called BFR's ( Battle Frame Robotics) and even in poor old PS1 graphics they look insanely a lot better then your picture you ripped off. Only problem with BFR's in original Planetside is they broke the game with their extreme Over powered armor, shields, and weapons.

I'm not saying you can't have a Mechs or BFRs... They can work but not your way... not old planetside way either. To spill it out, best way is that they are mechs! Which means they can move in uneven rough terrain or hills with least amount of snare and gyro's to help prevent weapons rocking. That is all they need. They shouldn't be stronger or deal more damage then a faction heavy tank. Cause they do not need to. They can shoot from on top mountains and move around with least hinder, while the tanks are more of a sitting target.

How ever it will stay balance cause if the BFR dares to joust a heavy tank boom goes the right leg and collapse.
  11. Milspec

I would have to do the same as I did in PS1 with BFRs and dedicate my playtime to hunting down and eliminating these abominations of game balance. Sorry dude, but BFRs started the ruination of PS1 (and the thoughtless shoveling of shelved ideas such as the Galaxy Gunship into the game finished it). Reintroducing the same 1-person ownage is bad, no matter how many limitations you put on them. the things you didn't think of will be exploited to a lot of players' detriment.

And I say this having witnessed a 150/1 KD ratio by a 1-person BFR in about two hours' time. 150 ppl had a bad game experience so that 1 person could winzors all teh game.
  12. Rovertoo

If we had the original PS1 suit system, then maybe. But currently these suits are (or oughta be) integrated into the classes. Infiltrator should run faster than normal by default, and Heavies should run slower.
    • Up x 1
  13. iller

I'm still scratching my head on how this would possibly ever help an LA or infiltrator.
    Can't fly in it, can't cloak it...
    You'd immediately be swarmed by Hornet ESF's soon as you tried getting to a Sniper Nest in the hills.
    Even if it could jump-jet, everyone would hear its footstomping on the roof above them.
    Can't move fast enough to stab people with the little knife which BTW the animation would look like T-Rex arms.
    Watching it sneak up on a tank to C4 it would basically be a monty python sketch in real time

Medics meanwhile.... well they'd just be a giant unstoppable necromancer from hell, unleashing clip after clip of Carnage, constantly resummoning their Engineer slaves and raising undead MAX's without any fear of death.... It'd be a license to print Certs
  14. AlterEgo

THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE were the BFRs, man. Trust me, I've played PS1 for a good time (2004-09), and those things were one of the many crappy issues I had with the game. However, these suits are supposed to open up a few new playstyles, I DON'T KNOW. I got mauled by the people who saw my ideas, any way, so it's not happening:'(
  15. Milspec

Sorry, didn't mean to be all hostile, it's just that BFRs were really badly done. Guess my knee jerked a bit.
  16. AlterEgo

No harm done, bro:) We all get carried away sometimes; I in terms of horrible ideas (I will admit, who in their right mind would want a cloaked rocket launcher?), many in terms of their responses TO these horrible ideas.