LMGs for TR suck

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by krokolop, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Kirthalion

So is it a matter of TR LMGs lacking versatility, or are other LMGs on other factions too ubiquitous for your taste?
  2. MarvinGardens

Your problem is you're not using the mini chaingun. Remember, after every kill you are required shoot the rest of the clip into the sky while screaming out in victory. Remember to use your diaphragm, that's where the power lies.
    • Up x 3
  3. Klondor

Yeah sure, let's go with that.
  4. asmodraxus

As a VS I respectfully disagree with the OP, VS LMG's except for the Orion suck. TR's and NC's are better.
  5. Klondor

-buzzer- wrong.
    i love the VX29 polaris, when i play my VS [ew, cant believe i said that] i frequently use it over the orion. Headshots all day long.
  6. GothicNightmares

I disagree with the guy saying I was biased in my assessment... It was not biased at all... I play ALL 3 factions.. meaning I look for the best gun I can use out on the field.

I look for the best traits in this order

scope accuracy(recoil), movement speed while scoped, hip fire accuracy, range before fall off effects

Orion is simply too good and outshines others. but every gun is decently accurate and most are pretty mobile as well...

Anchor is the only good lmg for NC based on the movement speed bias towards the other guns.

MSW-R is a high ROF gun where if u can land every shot a headshot you 'should' win, rhino is accurate like the NS-11 however its movement speed while scoped makes it worse than the ns11. and the Bull is not as accurate as everyone is saying... rhino has more sustained fire ... and it even says it in the description.. fire the bull and dont let go... fire the rhino then dont let go... and they dont require burst first mid-close ranges. SO just use MSW mid-close for the rof and the decent accuracy and then use the NS-11 for long ranges... the straffe speed of the bull/rhino will get you killed when trying to get back behind a wall s your not fast enough while scoped...
    • Up x 1
  7. S0LAR15

The Orion and SVA are mechanically among the most inaccurate LMGs in the game, by a decent margin.
  8. Xind

The Orion has the same accuracy statistics for ADS as the Carv and MSW-R and superior Hipfire CoF to both. In addition to having slightly better horizontal recoil, which is widely accepted as far worse than vertical. How exactly is the Orion...inaccurate for it's RoF category?
  9. travbrad

Try MSW. Problem solved.
  10. S0LAR15

The Orion has a larger CoF than the MSW, and larger horizontal recoil than the Carv.
  11. pnkdth

Then why change the Bull? Sounds like it would be your dream LMG since it is even more accurate than the Polaris.
  12. Klondor

I want to change the bull because its the exact same thing as the Rhino, with a lesser magazine size and better reload. It's nothing more than a "CQC" labeled Rhino, i like at least some diversity.

I've played with all the LMGs for TR, and if 2 LMGs are almost exactly the same [setting attachments aside] there's a problem.
    the Rhino is 250 certs, very accurate with a 100 round magazine, and not-so-good reload. The Bull is 1000 certs, with 60 rounds in the magazine, very accurate, and a quicker reload. The description as i mentioned before does not fit the weapon with the "High mobility" nonsense thrown in. Hell, even if they dont change the RoF, at least give it the higher movement multiplier.
  13. Xind

I've Auraxed the T16 and I'm about 500 kills away om the Bull (Trying to get the Butcher). I can honestly say, I like the T16 better. The Bull really sports no advantage over it and while it does have SPA, I don't think like it's really designed for the CQC situations where SPA becomes are larger factor. Plus, the T16 feels almost recoilless when it's attachments are full certed out...which is a crazy feeling for a TR weapon.

I'd love to see the Bull given better Hipfire capability and/or a faster ADS move speed buff. It seems like RoF buff is somewhat out of the question, even though that would be most ideal.
  14. pnkdth

Fair enough, but there are a few guns out there which has that kind of description. Most of the time all it does in terms of practicality is having a lower hipfire COF(or access to ALS). The Bull, for example, gets a very small hipfire COF with its laser sight.

Then again, giving it 0.75x movement speed could work(as it would get the negatives as well). However, also giving it 698RPM would just make it flat out better than the SVA-88 in every way except 15 less bullets per mag. People say the SVA-88 is accurate with its vertical recoil of 0.44(167dmg weapons tend to have 0.45...) imagine the tears a weapon which has a mere 0.3 vertical recoil would generate. You could, of course, rebalance it with these factors in mind.

Also, Higby actually said in one of his "Higby pls" episodes he wanted to revisit the Bull. So who knows!
    • Up x 2
  15. WUNDER8AR

The only thing that sucks about TR LMGs is their sound. They used to sound a lot more powerful but for whatever reason it had to be changed for the worse :(. Especially the TMG which previously used to be my fav LMG in the game and now I don't even look at it anymore. Carv-S and MSW-R is where it's at for me right now. Both are great weapons and the Bull is also not bad, however Imo nothing compares to the Orion, SVA and NS-15. These three simply play in their own league.
  16. krokolop

By the way Scythe is better than Mosquito and Reaver for sure.
  17. Hoki

At this point in Heavyside, with the Orion so much better than every other starting LMG (and best overall LMG to boot), it wouldn't hurt to just give the Orion to everyone in planetside for free.

Then the game could quickly become Orionside, and the VS could stop pretending it isn't stupidly broken.

Only problem is that everyone would love it so much that SOE wouldn't be allowed to nerf it.
  18. LibertyRevolution

I can hold mouse 1 through the entire mag of Orion and kill multiple enemies just switching targets never letting off mouse 1.
    If I hold mouse 1 through 50 rounds on the carv or the entire mag on the MSR-R I would be hitting the building next door.

Watch 2:05-2:24:

That is why I play Orion Heavy. That is why VS is easy mode, you can just spray and kill dudes.
    • Up x 3
  19. krokolop

Thats right now I play on Vanu just for this weapon and Im much better than with TR LMGs.
  20. MAXArmar

I rather liked the MSW-R, it comes at a bargain too. Comparing it to NC LMG's, it feels pretty darn solid. While the NC6 is great it sometimes feels like a turd and I can't seem to hit anything with it. Also it has it's problems in CQC, obviously. I also bought the GD22s and found it to be quite a crappy gun. Not that great at close range, not that great at medium range. Have yet to try the Anchor though.