[Guide] Snowmen Discussion 2014

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BillNyeTheGermanSpy, Dec 22, 2014.

1. BillNyeTheGermanSpy

I created this thread so people could share their knowledge for the 2014 snowmen hunt because i cannot find any for the life of me and neither can many of my outfit buddies please share any locations or knowledge u have.
  2. Copasetic

Andvari Biolab at the north entrance, 3-4 spawns there. Couple more around the walls of the base. And a fun little minigame if you're LA.
    • Up x 1
  3. BillNyeTheGermanSpy

thanks dude ill try it
  4. NinjaTurtle

I found 70 and one golden over the course of 3 hours. (would love to know if there is a snowman kills table)

When I did it NC held the SW gate on Esamir. I would recommend choosing a 30% - 40% area of a map (I choose the southern part of Esamir from the SW WG all the way over to Ymir Bio and half way up the eastern side of the map). Once you know the locations you can zip from area to area nabbing them as they respawn.

Follow the roads they spawn just off the roads, you can see a majority from there. Also check small clusters of trees as they can often have one. Most are in the open

I also recommend an ESF, you get a great view in 3rd person and have enough elevation to see them if just behind rocks, you may otherwise miss them if on the ground. Fly low about 20 - 30m above ground so they render and go at a slow steady speed, to ensure you don't miss them

Go to a continent that your empire has the majority territory as you will be less harassed from enemy players
  5. BillNyeTheGermanSpy

wow this method really works great thanks
  6. Pelojian

If you are in a squad you'll get credit for any snowmen kills within 300m done by a squadmate. i joined a platoon and flew around as the gunner in a valk. i found a gold snowman as the pilot was lifting off, had to call him back for a pickup.

esamir's locked on Briggs at the moment and it's a pain in the **** on indar to find them. they should unlock esamir for the rest of the event on all servers. waiting for indar to get capped is like waiting for paint to dry.
    • Up x 1
  7. bl33ping

bring a valk with a gunner and at least 2 engineers to repair (strikers work well in them, too). if you can, grab a hellion to combat enemy aircraft (the ammo does run out really quickly if not well-certed). travel along roads and look for them. sometimes they are under trees but most of the time out of cover. i had good luck at the andvari bases and echo valley. just finished collecting all of my snowmen last night.

good luck!
  8. Zapon

Esamir i have a easy time finding snowmep, if i can find a blank UP TO DATE map i can start marking them

Amerish - found 3 stonemen, one is in the fields south of the bastion, to the ....southeast of the lake south of the bastion

other 2 were south of the auger, taking the road over the mountain, then on the down slope, RIGHT by the giant purple crystals

gankers proceeded to attempt to stop me from finding more, they did not succeed, but after 2 more hours- there are no snowmen around the top of the mountain in the region of the ascent

Im dreading when i search hossin-

as for Maybe i'll make a esamir map- doubt i have the time, as i only have a few days to play before i travel and am wont be abck until after the event is over
  9. Inex

Flew around Hossin for maybe an hour and a half during the dead time of the night - found 1.

I'd love to go to Esamir and finish this up, but it's been locked on Connery since Saturday. :p
  10. Zapon

was flying for amerish, but for hossin, i'll probably use a mix of harassers, flashes, and hoofing it ON FOOT(did this on amerish, is not too unfeasable)
  11. Krit3rium

Easy :)
    • Up x 1
  12. Bindlestiff

Is this not up to date?

http://ps2maps.com/cobalt/esamir
  13. 11Sheldonator

Anyone got any pointers where to find stone snowmen on Indar?(Indar is the only continent unlocked on Briggs :/) I have found 2 so far after a lot of searching( I take it their more rare).
    Thanks
  14. Inex

Yeah, I think I found half a dozen on Esamir before the event started.

Also - why are you not just swapping to the Halberd to kill those? :p
  15. TheBlindFreak

The spawns on Esimir appear to be the same as last year.
    [IMG]

Note that snowmen will spawn in a rather large radius around those points and not necessarily directly on them. I'm not too sure what the legend is for this map, as it wasn't provided in the thread where I found this.

I didn't see any golden snowmen in my time on esimir, but I did find one on the cliff that overlooks the bridge between the Palisade and the Crown on Indar.
  16. Pelojian

after waiting and getting impatient. i took a look at the indar pumpkin map. there's a spot i noticed after a good amount of looking that i noticed has two spawn points for snowmen.

In between NS Material Storage and Crimson Bluff Tower there are at least a couple of spawn points for snowmen. the pumpkin map may show two spots on the north end but hover around and look in the entire field i found one further south if i recall.

valk is ok for a craft for pure searching and hovering for non-pilots. you are prey to every enemy ESF, Lib and any AA short of a solo ground AA source. Avoid contested hexes unless you skirting the very edge of the hex, fly low and hope you don't get spotted.

if you get spotted as a non pilot in a stock valk you'd be lucky to even survive. if you die don't fret sometimes that death with have you spawn at the warpgate on another different course in a valk and find some snowmen you wouldn't have likely found.

NOTE: i looked exclusively on indar for the final 20 i needed. it took a few hour sessions of general gameplay chance for the first few then dedicated searches for the others. indar - the best tank/infantry/aircraft zone, worst even kill collectable zone.
  17. BillNyeTheGermanSpy

[IMG]i have some screenshots from about 10 locations where i found them;
  18. BillNyeTheGermanSpy

19. TheBlindFreak

When I was hunting on Indar, I would start at the south east warpgate and fly north through the canyons up to NS Material Storage and loop south west to Tawich and go through all the canyon bases around there.

I had great results that way, but obviously it would really only work if your faction had that portion of the map.

But general tips for hunting snowmen:

Fly an esf. It helps if you're at least able to aim well enough to kill the snowmen without landing and getting out. Max stealth and an anti-air loadout is recommended so you don't get easily noticed and you can defend yourself if you do.

Fly low, have your Field of View setting maxed, and have sharp eyes. Snowmen have decent render distance and stick out like sore thumbs if you're looking for them.

Spawns will normally be along roads and near bases. I did find a few out in the middle of nowhere, but you'll find them more consistently if you stick to roads and bases. Unless you know for a fact that there's a snowman spawn somewhere in the middle of nowhere and it's easy to add to your loop, don't bother with places like that.

And night vision optics are nice during the night since thermals don't show them (obviously).
  20. FieldMarshall

I used a AV harasser and drove near the edge of the frontlines on esamir.(just in case they spawned more near combat, like pumpkins)
    Found most snowmen under tree patches and near rocks.

Found 20 in about 1h30m. Enough for aurax
    No golden ones.