Spitfire Turret - Do Not Buy.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeslis, Dec 18, 2014.

1. ColonelChingles

I treat them as pointer dogs. They sort of tell you if an enemy is coming and where to shoot, but they really aren't supposed to do the killing themselves. Kind of helpful if you have to cover more than one approach, and if you set the Spitfire up early enough they'll start beeping to let you know that someone might be flanking you. Can't have eyes on the minimap all the time I guess. :p

Oh man... if they start selling angry chicken turret skins I'd be soooo on top of that.

More sales if they change "BEEP BEEP BEEP" to "BUK BUK BUK".
    • Up x 3
  2. Targanwolf

I asked for just one thing when these were being developed .I said:
    "make these meaningful...or don't do it at all "
    and they did the exact opposite.
    • Up x 1
  3. WarmasterRaptor

Yes bugged, as in, the turret is NOT working as intended. read can do you please?

Your arrogant attitude can be kept out of these forums very much thank you. Ok? :)
    • Up x 4
  4. iller

well that nanites obviously needs to be changed immediately...
    They should just take up the MANA slot instead = infinite placement 1 at a time
    • Up x 2
  5. johnway

I haven't tested it myself and i doubt i will get it (turrets to me is being stationary target and thats a big no no especially when there are infiltrators around).

Personally i prefer they released an automated AA turret that provides a timed duration of providing a deterrent to air. Please note the word Deterrent so that it would require several of the turrets concentrating on an individual target. At least i would use that to provide some sort of air deterrent for bases with no aa and at least try and reduce air attacks.
  6. Xind

In Summary:

1. Reduce the size of the turret by 33-50%
    2. Beep only once as Firing Commences.
    3. Increase Hit Points by 50% - 100%.
    4. Increase lead fire capabilities slightly.
    5. Increase the acquisition rate and/or maximum range, possibly with a certline (5m/level range increase, Acquistion time reduced by 15%/level)
    6. Allow more than 1 turret to be carried, but not deployed. (2 level cert line maybe add one additional carried turret per level)

After playing against them all day, I feel comfortable saying these changes could be implemented without making the device remotely overpowered.

Also, from a crowding perspective, I would prefer if they were not placed inside of spawn rooms with shields. I see them being put at doorways creating more congestion in already packed quarters.
    • Up x 4
  7. Ikarius77

I Really don't understand why soe wasted resources and work time to make this turret instead of simply adapting the existing AI Turret to a viable role in the game... removing the head hole, adapting his explosive vulnerability etc etc...
    • Up x 2
  8. Leopolis [AM]

new things seems always OP....

The hour that followed the update i just did 2 killstreaks with my auto-turret. Why ? good placement keep in mind that this turret is here to supress ennemies and sometimes killing them nothing more : use it as fire support to keep your squad safe (place it on top of coverts so it doesn't TK) and then forget it you got no more, take your gun or your repair tool and help your mates !
    You are a support and nothing more if you pick this turret : you create a dangerous zone for ennemies and keep your allies safe.

Yes it could be a bit more resistant but its not an offensive turret so you can (you HAVE TO) always place it correctly away from grenades and dangerous areas (on crates, rocks, etc...).

Engi is a support based class don't forget it, they just got more tools to support with this turret (its just like mines : useless when at the wrong place).

SO : this turret isn't OP you should just learn to use it correctly (forgot it in small assaults). When you will have tested it more deeply (not like 5-6 hours, more like 20 AT LEAST) then you will see weaknesses and should be able to talk about this new tool correctly.
    • Up x 1
  9. GoyoElGringo

You can TK one of these turrets with a half a mag or the knife. Let's not make it too rewarding for the idiots.

I suppose they could add some kind of stacking no deploy zone. Like 3 overlapping or something.
  10. Ikarius77

How do you made a killstreak with this piece of crap ???,

i picked my nc alt this afternoon; without nanowave armor, as medic, press Instant Action key and was launch in middle of two auto towers near the bastion base in amerish, i was caught 100% unaware, lost my shields and 25-30% health by i manage to turn and kill both turrets without recharge my carnage.

Right now, they are 100% useless.
    • Up x 3
  11. Jake the Dog

I don't know about yall, but I was trying to get my holiday express kills on a sundy but this ****** kept beeping at me alerting the enemy to my position ruining my fun. So I think its a good early warning device.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tanelorn

13. Jeslis

Turret is also too short.. Im placing it before short *knee high* guardrails, and it can't even shoot over them down to people 1 level below.
  14. Mastermind

ATTENTION: THIS IS SONY
    You can bet your bottom dollar when something comes in to the game it is either going to be
    A: Overpowered

or

B: Underpowered

However : This is not totally Sony's fault. When Higby asked for people to log on the test server to test them before the patch hit and TEN PEOPLE show up, that doesn't say much for this community. THAT'S YOU. If you want to try and make a difference in this game, or any game. I can assure you, making whiny ***** and moan posts on the forums won't get you very far.

"Community: We want this!
    *gets it*
    Community: This sucks!"
    • Up x 1
  15. volth

Or they can lower the price on the turret. 900sc or 1k cert is alot for a item that cant hit anything, have low healt and dmg, you only have 1 turret and it beeps and have big lights so you cant hide it. It should cost 100cert or 250sc.
  16. Konigz

The best thing for this trash would be have infinite stock and a hp boost to support the idea of a defensive turret.
  17. TwwIX

Since when did we become their QA department?
  18. GoyoElGringo

It really needs a shield in the front. At the moment, placing one outside almost guarantees that it will get killed by someone far outside of its attack range. A sniper or even an LA from 200m away can easily pick one off in seconds.
    • Up x 1
  19. Trebb

I ALMOST died to one of these today. I walked up to two and knifed them down, then noticed my health was still slowly dropping.

It took me about 10 seconds to realize I was getting hit from behind, saw the third turret and put it down with like 3 bullets.

...this is with a LA & Ammo bags(aka no Nanoweave). LOL
    • Up x 2
  20. Hot Pockets

What did you expect?