Bring Back the Fun Feature Request: No TK Penalty for Outfit Member Grief

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by inigma, Dec 10, 2014.

1. inigma

Devs and co:

Can you remove the team killing penalty for griefing outfit members? A lot of fun intra-outfit events could be had by removing the penalty for killing an outfit mate. Let outfits enforce their own discipline for team killers. This was a PS1 feature that is sorely missed and I imagine could be easily implemented.
    • Up x 12
  2. inigma

Any other outfit players approve?
  3. z1967

Would only work in exclusive outfits. In zergfits like EXE/JENK/ADK etc. this would be a living nightmare. Would need to be an option that can be enabled or disabled by the outfit leader and not an always on sort of thing.
    • Up x 6
  4. _itg

If this is implemented, it should be an option the outfit leaders can toggle. This kind of thing would be appropriate for small-medium outfits, but probably not for giant casual outfits who can't easily police thousands of members.
    • Up x 2
  5. Alan Kalane

I think this shouldn't be limited just to outfits, allowing a specific player to damage you without penalty would allow you to train together. This would be very useful if you want to become a pilot for example.
    If for some reason this can't be implemented into normal game why not give the player an option to allow an ally to damage him in the VR? That's what VR is meant for - training. It's kinda hard to train with your mates if you don't even know if you hit them or not.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ronin Oni

why would it be a living nightmare?

If you have a member who's abusing it, kick em to the curb.

Problem solved.
  7. BravoTangoTR

Instead of making it an outfit feature, make it a squad or platoon feature. This would allow anyone to squad up with friends and do some training, not just outfit-mates. And if someone abuses it, the SL can kick them at anytime without having to remove them from the outfit. And if an individual player doesn't like it, they can just leave the squad.
    • Up x 1
  8. GhostAvatar

Who cares, I still kill them as it currently stands.
  9. inigma

Was this the case in PS1?
  10. MrJengles

Or a forgive/punish choice for everyone when TKed.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hosp

It was a squad/platoon thing in PS1. I don't recall it being an outfit thing.

EDIT: To clarify. You could still kill each other. I think you'd even get the FF warning sound. But you wouldn't take grief. Also, it was automatic and always on. Not a toggle.
  12. Mauzeraut

Wish they'd re-implement this. I've been weapon locked for destroying my own turret before...
  13. DrBash00

I say YES to your Idea, but i also know that some guys will use this mechanic to push their K/D....
  14. inigma

I didn't know that tks were ever recorded as kills in your k/d. If so that would be a flawed statistic.
  15. Degenatron

Exploitable.

Just because you're in an outfit or in a squad should not allow you to carelessly spam grenades and other AOE attacks without consequence.
    • Up x 3
  16. WarmasterRaptor

Sorry but no, too easily exploitable.

If your squad/platoon/outfit isn't careful enough or even reckless, why should they be spared while others (non-members) die ? o_O
  17. inigma

Huh? Who said anything about this idea exempting anyone from dying? This idea is just a rehash of what existed in PS1 where weapons lock was not given for killing an outfit mate. It was not exploitable since um...killing your outfit mates is not an exploit. They are just as dead and useless as a non outfit mate.

And grieflock would only be applied for killing non outfit mates. And grieflock is meant to penalize players for killing faction mates who otherwise would not want to be so killed. Its not mean to discourage nade spamming.
    • Up x 2
  18. TheKhopesh

Absolutely.

And even if larger outfits had players doing stuff they shouldn't to annoy another outfit mate, it's up to the outfit's authority members to police their own.
  19. TheKhopesh

No no, he just means no death counted against K/D, no weapons lock for more than a few minutes, etc.

The guy taking bullets would still be able to die.
    • Up x 1
  20. Cest7

Make it an optional flag

Ignore TK by Friends
    Ignore TK by Outfit
    Ignore TK (lol)