TR needs some love - even the pro players agree...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by illuminati, Nov 25, 2014.

1. KnightCole

Lol, having just played a TR medic for like 14 BRs or so, I gotta say, idk what is up with thier guns. I have the TRV, which is 845RPM, yet it seems it cant out DPS anything. Its like super fast firing has the bullets lost in translation. So I burst fire with it to ensure hits, but then that gives other players time to nuke me. Ended 84/18, which is kinda meh to me....considering how much stupid **** there was.....but still...

TR guns are odd if anything.....its like this game really cannot register fast shots well.....still needs work in that dept...
    • Up x 1
  2. Flag

Uh yes it would have been.

The thing is, there's more to ESFs than just the honour duel, which is when the front profile matters. In fact, most fights aren't duels, which makes cruising (and AB) speeds and nose guns important metrics. Or are you going to suggest that having the Vortek is irrelevant when discussing the profile of the Reaver?

I remember when the picture was made, and for what purpouse (anti-scythe hate train). And honestly I wouldn't put it past the people who made it that they included the landing gear in the pixel count just to help their cause.
    That said, it doesn't seem to be making a huge difference. Although there's a bit of a difference between the individual guns, overall the ESFs perform remarkably similar -at AA-.
    Which means that there's a lot more to the ESF balance than simply their profile.

Just posting that picture without the proper context (all of it) is flat out misleading.
  3. Mechwolf

They have the exact same stats though. What's the difference? Other than you getting soft point on your gun, and the 0.75 on the Orion?
  4. Mechwolf

Scythes are gigantic targets when they turn. We pilots have a name for it, it's called pancaking.
  5. Paperlamp

Orion is more accurate since it has lower horizontal recoil and MSW-R has a variable recoil angle bias that makes it both more random and harder to compensate for, but it is mainly the .75 ADS advantage that makes it obviously superior.
  6. ShureShot

First of all, speaking about 'Pro players' in Planetside makes absolutely no sense.

I can't speak for the American competitive scene, but in EU, Fools is pretty much the team to beat. We are a VS outfit, we held a vote if we should pick NC or TR as our 2nd faction for competitive play:

An overwhelming 90% voted for TR.

That is 90% of the players in the top EU competitive outfit (or 'pro players' as you would call them), that think TR weapons are just as good or better than NC weapons for competitive play.

As far as competitive weapons go, VS wins in lmg's (Orion & SVA), but TR is the clear winner when it comes to AR's and carbines (only rivaled by the GD7). And the MSW-R is good enough that the weapon is probably not the deciding factor in a firefight against a VS heavy.

The main reason why the VS lmg's are so good is mostly the 0.75 movement modifier. It is an undeniable advantage. But if that modifier is so important, ask yourself: If you have to go up against heavies and win those 1v1's, would you rather have a 40 round TAR with 0.75 or a 30 round HV45/Carnage? Would you rather have a 40 round Jaguar (0.75) or Lynx (0.5) or a 30 round Zenith/Bandit? Yeah ... that's not really a choice, is it?
  7. Paragon Exile

lol

The Orion has jitter, the MSW-R has single-drection recoil. The Orion also has higher vertical recoil, higher horizontal recoil tolerance and lower moving accuracy. In return it gets 0.75, somewhat better hipfire accuracy (lol hipfire LMG) and a slightly lower FSRM.

If you're going to make things up, make sure it's not something you can check in five seconds on the internet :3

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LMG&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
  8. CMDante

Thank you! Been saying this for a long while.
  9. CMDante

How do you figure? DPS is completely unchanged, and the CoF is locked at just barely less than the current MAXIMUM bloom
  10. The Funk

Just to clarify there are no pro players in PS2.

Back to your bickering.
  11. Balsh

Compare Zenith/Jaguar
    HV45/Tar

Both are best VS options when it comes to carbines and AR.
    While the other are just some of the TR best options.

Then Magrider/prowler
    Scythe/mosquito hitbox

Sure Orion is somewhat slighty better than MSWR, slighty only more like a sidegrade while Jaguar and TAR are direct upgrades for their VS counterparts.

Now pls s-tfu TR.
  12. geekrider

The only way you can make us TR happy is by removing the high RoF weapons from VS and NC. Both NC and VS have 167 DMG SMG and we cant even have a 143 DMG one. If you want to cross faction traits then give us a 200 dmg LMG or a 167 dmg carbine. Or give us a 0.75xADS LMG.
  13. Paperlamp

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...trs-up-weapons-with-this.208919/#post-3035118

If you're going to make things up, make sure it's not something you can check in five seconds on the internet :3
    • Up x 1
  14. Boldosawr

Recoil angle bias needs to be in a FAQ somewhere at this point.

Really SOE should just release some comprehensive explanations of their weapon stats though, would save all the poor theorycrafters and testers a lot of trouble.
  15. Germaux

Tr is fine, only one thing.
    The Max ability is just crap :O
    U guys have the Banshee, deployed prawlers highest firerate in the game in infantry. (40 mags)
    So is not that bad, but the weapons are only about firerate and thats the problem.