Alerts: VS>TR>NC! Why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McMan, Nov 29, 2014.

1. McMan

http://ps2alerts.com/

If you look at the stats and grafs, you can see the next results:

Alert wins:
    TR: 257
    VS: 357
    NC: 164
    Draw: 37

Why do we NC lag behind and why is VS by far the best faction at wining alerts?
    • Up x 1
  2. Alarox

Because the VS are underpowered.
    • Up x 25
  3. A3ianess

NC has some really good weapons...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................for camp farming on top of a hill (Phoenix/ Raven/ Railjack). And camping doesn't win you alerts.
    • Up x 1
  4. BlueSkies

Because we love freedom and shotguns!

Some computer telling us where we have to fight is not freedom, and no one is forcing us to do the alert with a shotgun
    • Up x 8
  5. Bape

NC is more of a defending faction. Vanguard/phoenix/ravens/jackhammer/scat max are good at keeping the enemy out.
  6. Xasapis

It largely depends on the care factor of each empireand not on their power. For whatever reason, the ones that pathologically care about alerts, even to the detriment of good fights are the VS. TR are in the middle. And NC care only about good fights and don't care at all about the arbitrary conditions imposed by the alerts.
    • Up x 5
  7. Devrailis

I've been hopping between several platoons and outfits recently, and one thing that seems consistent on Emerald is that many Outfits and Platoon leaders just don't care about alerts. I've seen Platoon leaders go out of their way to avoid alerts and deploy to continents where the action was light. I've also seen Platoon leaders just say outright "**** the Alert, the VS always win them anyway".

That there, is the #1 reason why Emerald NC lags behind on alert wins. You can talk in circles all you want any other reason you want, but that there is IT.
    • Up x 5
  8. shizzzle

Well population has been very onesided for a while now. This is what we had for the last few hours on Cobalt for example:

VS 38%
    TR 29%
    NC 33%

So, it's hard fighting outnumbered. You just get swarmed.

PS2 definitely ain't what it used to be :( The game was imho still best in beta...
  9. pnkdth

Having spent a good time as both VS and NC on Miller, there is no question that VS has better relations between outfits. I've seen certain NC outfits refusing to help out purely out of spite, ie, the wrong outfit asked for backup so they rather lose the alert than assist. No need to name names because you know who you are.
    • Up x 1
  10. thingymajigy

It was like that on Briggs for a few hours once. TR still won by a large margin
  11. Desann

Cuz NC only cares about biolabs....

IM A SKAT MAX!!!! SHOOBA DEEBAH DOO BAH DOO!!!!!

But seriously, on both Connery and Emerald, and this is my OPINION, I notice that the NC in general are very disorganized and more or less just zerg everything. I notice the TR are quite organized, or they used to be until a few months ago, and the VS SOMETIMES organize, depending on what ding-bat is blabbing on command chat.

I muted my command chat MONTHS ago and have yet to turn that crap back on. I don't want to hear a 14 year old pimple poppin nerd tell me where I need to re-deploy to.

HENCE we need a better COMMAND AND CONTROL SYSTEM *omg look down!*
    • Up x 1
  12. QuantumSerpent

On Connery at least, the TR feels more organized and disciplined (which makes sense, considering the faction description). When I'm playing TR, if one guy does the right thing--or even says to do in in prox chat--everyone does it. In my brief time on NC, there's just not the same behavior.
    • Up x 1
  13. HadesR

Good fights > Alerts ... It's that simple in my case ..

Sometimes I will avoid the alert Continent if going would mean un-fun lopsided battles and remain where I am
    Other times I will be on the alert continent and help by default just because that's where the better fight's are ...

That might change if / when territory and / or locks become more important .. Till that day .. Fun first ..
    • Up x 3
  14. S1lver

That's not true, pop on Cobalt, both on continents during alerts and worldwide, is almost always even during primetimes.
    NC simply tendends to stick fighting one faction even though the other one is in the lead. It just seems like the lead has no clue what they're doing
  15. Foxirus

For emerald, Its just population. You can thank the server merges for that.
  16. vanu123

Cause NC and TR are badz
    • Up x 1
  17. Taemien

This thread popped up about a month ago.

Back then I said I had a theory that NC loses alerts because while our weapons are good at what they do (they really are, the stats show it). What they do isn't good for taking bases and ultimately winning alerts (which is the stats that the OP is showing). And thus the NC is using the weapons in situations that are favorable (sounds logical), which means we're not going for bases.

I got blasted back by some sorry excuse that people who like Blue/Gold, Freedom, Like big guns, or whatnot are some how worse team players. Course when I pointed out some of the greatest outfits started from NC (including the one that gave us the dev-approved stat tracker), they had nothing to say.

Does anyone have a link to any stats showing the base captures and defenses from each empire? That would be interesting to see.
  18. HateHoppersWJetpacks

I'm on Emerald server. In my experience, different factions appear to win alerts disproportionately at certain times of the day. VS in the evening, TR during the day, and NC whenever they get their act together (which is not very often).

I'm sure the player population is different on every server, but I found most of the time I'm with the NC, they're uncoordinated and for some reason, lots of random intentional TKing. Like guys chased me down before and shot me, in an uncontested safe base.

I've found that certain other guys in the other factions, are jerks. Like, I've seen someone intentionally place mines and blow up a friendly sundy just so HE could deploy his own sundy for certs. And there are some people who don't care about winning alerts, just farming certs... So they don't take points, just stand back and mow down enemies or infinite repair sundies instead of firing back...
  19. \m/SLAYER\m/

most alerts during late night till morning - there no NC players.. at least on Cobalt
  20. Ragnarox

VS have the worst weapons out there -> ppl tend to play high difficulty fraction for showing their skills.(teamplay VS is OP)
    NC have too much rambos and don't care for teamplay, they take their most powerful weapons and maxes and charge into a brick wall of c4's.
    TR become way better when SOE nerf VS last time so lots of good VS players joined them.

ZERG VS OP PLS NERF! Remember: more nerfs = more zerg.