NC aesthetic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tavvergy, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Tavvergy

My favorite weapons were the NC ones, but it's hard to play the faction because they look and sound bad.

The color scheme is obnoxious, the weapons sound weird in a bad way, and the armor shape even just looks childish, like something that would be on a Power Ranger show.
    • Up x 2
  2. Ken Photon

Dude, you're preaching to the choir.

I think all of the more creative members of our community should get to the Player Direct and give the devs some inspiration. So that then, we can all have some nicer-looking NC characters to play/kill.
  3. Xasapis

The NC really look awesome, but you want to change the default helmet to something from the game studio.

Like:
    [IMG]
  4. TriumphantJelly

The Prowler is a box, VS have frozen fish clones mixed with purple carbonite, and NC are also boxes.

... Sad to think about, really.
    • Up x 1
  5. BlueSkies

NC: Cutting edge experimental weapons... and armor made from recycled refrigerators
    • Up x 4
  6. DatVanuMan

WELL...
    The NC are the best looking faction. In my opinion, of course. Unlike the other factions, NC weapons differ from each other, they have sick*** sounds, and they feel... awesome. The damage, the heavy Gauss audio, the reload animation and sounds, all of these make for a very immersive faction. If anything, I would change the color scheme; I hate how the rebels I fight with look like Lego warriors.
  7. HamOnRye

8. eldarfalcongravtank

well, the NC's aesthetics gonna get even uglier because they increase teamcolor for all factions:confused:

but regarding sounds i gotta agree 100%. in my view, the best gun sound in the game is the TR Repeater shooting! HEY IT ACTUALLY SOUNDS LIKE A REAL FIREARM!! OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOE: "no, we cant have that. sounds are fine, deal with it"
  9. Zinus

We can't have cutting edges if we are round :p
    • Up x 2
  10. ArcKnight

lol, I can't stop laughing, this made my day
  11. HamOnRye

This is me playing my NC HA

[IMG]
  12. Dualice

As I stated on another thread, the NC's aesthetic is the main reason I don't play them. Regardless of how much the Cyclone kicks *** (and it really does), I just can't get over that it sounds like a line of shopping trolleys clashing together when it fires.
    • Up x 1
  13. p10k56

And I want some fur on male face..
    even card board warrior will look better with some hairy beard:cool:
  14. KnightCole

Meh, my soldier wears Composite armor, and the Roughrider's helmet, he looks bad *** in his Blue cells camo =D Roughriders is a secksy helm.

Most these other ones coming out i literally cant tell what they are supposed to be...where the eye slits are or anything, they look like very randomly tossed together objects.
    • Up x 1
  15. Dualice

I know what ya mean - some of the TR ones are pretty silly.
  16. KnightCole

I literally dislike every single TR helmet but the Dreadnaught one......they all look like they are more fit for a robber to don to rob a store then a soldier's helmet to fight a war with.....and the rest look like infiltrator masks....or miner masks or something...
  17. Dualice

Ooh, there's even one or two that look like something from a Lucas film. Sand people or something.

The composite armour/helmets do generally look better on NC. And VS, come to think of it. The TR infiltrator composite helmet just gives them a beak.
  18. LT_Latency

19. CARunner

The NC gear and weapons look fine but you are right .., something about the NC is off , and i don't prefer the NC over the TR and VS...
    possibly slow ROF and terrible accuracy ? Or am i just inaccurate lol?
  20. KnightCole

I like some of the VS helmets, none of the TR helms, but 1 and a few of the NC helms look kinda neat.

Now if only NC was more darker blue and a goldish color while the VS were darker green and some slightly brighter purple, with TR all Red and Grey/black....we would be golden.